Most Returning Starters For Next Season?

Nederland's bullpen will return Kirby Bellow, Cody Laird, Tyler Smith, Jacob Pitts, and Brett Brown.

Position starters Anthony Babino, Kirby Bellow, Stephen Schlett, Trevin Sonnier, Nick Cardenas, Tyler Smith, and Cody Laird.

I think I like the Dogs' chances.  ;)

Guest coach07

Nederland's bullpen will return Kirby Bellow, Cody Laird, Tyler Smith, Jacob Pitts, and Brett Brown.

Position starters Anthony Babino, Kirby Bellow, Stephen Schlett, Trevin Sonnier, Nick Cardenas, Tyler Smith, and Cody Laird.

brett brown is going to be an absolute stud

Guest Orangeboy

brett brown is going to be an absolute stud

Yassir

Guest Orangeboy

Silsbee only lost 1 starter, Kelly. He was the only senior on the team. They also had no juniors on the team, just soph. and fresh.

Big loss in Kelly,  also lost their best pitcher in Colby Jenkins (Soph) going down with Jommy John.

Yes, Kelly came on strong in district last year to be one of their leaders; Losing Jenkins hurts also; Coach Trawhon will have a good group to build around though, they can probably hit with anyone in the district...

Silsbee find a replacement for Coach Vansa yet?

Jasper has about ten players returning that started or played a lot of varsity. That is not counting the 2010 sophmores that ran bases all year and pitched and played during the early spring tournaments. We will have more depth and will probably set some home run records on those big northern fields. Pitching and catching will both be very strong for 2010. Summer ball is going well and a strong fall is expected where the depth will be fine tuned. With E back we will have one of the better middle infields around. 21 3A and 18 3A will make the eastern side of Texas hard to beat again in the playoffs.

2012 is the most all around solid class Jasper has right now, I wouldnt be surprised to see a few of those guys step up next year. Sowell comes back and has to be considered the "Ace", with Phillips as the number two, and maybe one or two others who can pitch every now and again. Hopefully the offense can pick up this year, some of the guys that I think jasper was depending on kind of had a lower year than expected. I def. agree with the middle infield statement, it will be pretty good. Im also interested to see how the outfield turns out, like i said before dont be surprised if a couple of 2012 guys get in the outfield. I think the dogs can make a pretty respectable run next year.

Next season Lumberton returns alot of players and could make a run for a playoff spot and maybe more depending on Anthony Beard, and their hitting.

Corbin Bell  P/IF Jr last season Stats  7-3  ERA arond 2.2  1st team all-district Pitcher last season as a sophmore. Playing his Summer baseball with the TPX Jaxx and Beaumont Gladiators and has looked strong all summer. Has got his velocity up to 84 last weekend at a wood bat tounry in Dallas.

Anthony Beard P/OF Sr as a sophmore was the number 1 for Lumberton and was clocked as high as 88 toward the end of the year. missed last season because of his knee injury so if he comes out and how quickly he picks things back up will be the key.

Tyler Erickson P/IF Sr Hard throwing lefthander that has a ton of potential and was looking really strong until he hurt his Elbow against BC. Also has alot of pop at the plate. Plays his summer ball with the

Sun Devils and has been making good progress this summer

Ryan Hughes OF Jr Really good hitter that was up and down last season. If he can hit like hes capable then he will be a big contributer in the middle of the line up.

Wayne Stanley SS Jr Has been the starting SS since his freshman year. Last year was great at SS but struggled at the plate. Has been playing with the Gladiators this summer and hitting really well. will be a big key for Lumberton at the top of the lineup.

Lance Pace OF Soph started most of the season in centerfield last season and really hit the ball well when he was on varsity. I think he will be primed for a big season.

Dylan Bronson P/IF Soph played alittle bit on Varsity last season and struggled alittle. He did get a save against HJ. could find a spot in the infield next season.

Guest Orangeboy

21-3A State Leaders in ERA (1st number is their state ranking among 3A players)

OF

9    Jacob Felts(Sr)          1.25

74  Brock Whitson(Sr)    2.52

76  Jace Statum(Sr)        2.57

BC

22  Matt Hicks(Sr)          1.60

HF

67  Logan Johnson(Sr)    2.43

WOS

96 Zane Anderson(Jr)    3.21

Silsbee

104 Colby Jenkins(Soph) 3.44 (will likely miss '10 season due to injury)

I am sure that the set of ERA numbers included pre-season..... and BC pitchers faced great teams like Nederland etc: that went deep into the playoffs in TX and also faced prime Louisiana teams.  I would imagine the top ERAs did not play an extra stiff pre & post schedule of prime teams.

• 3 months later...

Vidor only loses three, plus Hester should be ready to go.

is hester good to go pitching wise? i talk to a few kids on the team and they say he is pitching great and even w/ more velocity because of the rehab work. is this true? i know how kids like to embellish sometimes.

WO-S has a lot

Zane Anderson (jr)- number one starter, all-district

Clayton Gearheart (sr)- 1st baseman, all-district

Jordan Darnall (jr)- catcher, all-district

also returning starters seniors Justin Sparrow(ss), Van Jordan(of), Taylor Turley(3b & p), junior Darius Mitchell(of), and freshmen Zach Droulliard(of & p).

they look to me to be a good group

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Veronica Corningstone
[quote name="East TX" post="605812" timestamp="1246355381"]
H-F has a fair number coming back and their AD is coming back also.

I always also look at the bench and the Soph. & JV programs.  I see OF and BC going for the title in 21-3A.  BC has mighty strong seasoned Pitching.  Silsbee with their high enrollment selection and WO-S with their now proven better Coaching will be very competitive.

Strongest State Districts will be--21-3A, 18-3A, and 25-3A?(or the best of the two that went from Region III to Region IV). 
[/quote]You have no idea what your talking about

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="CircleChange" post="606019" timestamp="1246418023"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=56666.msg605877#msg605877 date=1246362460]
Silsbee only lost 1 starter, Kelly. He was the only senior on the team. They also had no juniors on the team, just soph. and fresh.
[/quote]

Big loss in Kelly,  also lost their best pitcher in Colby Jenkins (Soph) going down with Tommy John.
[/quote]

Actually, Silsbee lost their two best pitchers to Tommy John. Clint Scoggins (Jr) and Colby Jenkins (Soph). Both players think they may be back in time to play this year, but not to pitch. This is a big loss as Silsbee was looking to only replace a SS this year.

[quote name="WTB" post="606687" timestamp="1246589746"]
Next season Lumberton returns alot of players and could make a run for a playoff spot and maybe more depending on Anthony Beard, and their hitting.

Corbin Bell  P/IF Jr last season Stats  7-3  ERA arond 2.2   1st team all-district Pitcher last season as a sophmore. Playing his Summer baseball with the TPX Jaxx and Beaumont Gladiators and has looked strong all summer. Has got his velocity up to 84 last weekend at a wood bat tounry in Dallas.

Anthony Beard P/OF Sr as a sophmore was the number 1 for Lumberton and was clocked as high as 88 toward the end of the year. missed last season because of his knee injury so if he comes out and how quickly he picks things back up will be the key.

Tyler Erickson P/IF Sr Hard throwing lefthander that has a ton of potential and was looking really strong until he hurt his Elbow against BC. Also has alot of pop at the plate. Plays his summer ball with the

Ryan Hughes OF Jr Really good hitter that was up and down last season. If he can hit like hes capable then he will be a big contributer in the middle of the line up.

Wayne Stanley SS Jr Has been the starting SS since his freshman year. Last year was great at SS but struggled at the plate. Has been playing with the Gladiators this summer and hitting really well. will be a big key for Lumberton at the top of the lineup.

Lance Pace OF Soph started most of the season in centerfield last season and really hit the ball well when he was on varsity. I think he will be primed for a big season.

Dylan Bronson P/IF Soph played alittle bit on Varsity last season and struggled alittle. He did get a save against HJ. could find a spot in the infield next season.
[/quote]
Also returning for Lumberton:
Wes Bingham - Catcher, Sr
Ryan Dunkleberger - P, Jr.
Ty Choate - Pitcher, CF Sr.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="Domination Station" post="704003" timestamp="1257917065"]
[quote author=WTB link=topic=56666.msg606687#msg606687 date=1246589746]

Corbin Bell  P/IF Jr last season Stats  7-3  ERA arond 2.2   1st team all-district Pitcher last season as a sophmore. Playing his Summer baseball with the TPX Jaxx and Beaumont Gladiators and has looked strong all summer. Has got his velocity up to 84 last weekend at a wood bat tounry in Dallas.

[/quote]
Also returning for Lumberton:
Wes Bingham - Catcher, Sr
Ryan Dunkleberger - P, Jr.
Ty Choate - Pitcher, CF Sr.

[/quote]

Dunkleberger hasn't played on varsity before. He could see some time this year possibly.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• He's steadily improving rapidly. Not that your opinion matters much based on some of the wild projections you've made on this site 
    • Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
  • Topics