Confusion surrounds ending of BC/HF game

the hf fans should worry about this bc will never be happy a few years ago they had a football game suspended and they were leading at the time, the game was played the next day. they were leading in the 4rth qt. but lost . they all cried and said they could have finished the night before in the lighting and rain. so what ever happens bc is going to cry.

I have always heard "Theres no crying in baseball"  ;D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no burn i think we should all go with ksagrl on this one chicken ****

Yep chicken **** fits perfectly!

c'mon now don't get mad because it wasn't your team that was winning when the game was called

Technically MLG, if the COACHES, agreed to SUSPEND the game until a later time then the game was NOT called. From what I read early in the string, UIL rules call for the COACHES to decide on suspending a game right? So if the coaches who agreed on this are the HEAD coaches for their respective baseball teams, then I don't see where that AD has any reason nor RIGHT to make the decision to call the game.

It is a shame that this year HF will be remembered by it's last two games. (If the one for BC is not finished). People will get on here and read all year long and remember what was said at the end of the season and not all season long. You always want to end a season on a winning note, weather a winning season or a losing one. These boys from HF can hit the ball, flat out smash it. That's what I will remember about HF. But most of the people on here will read and remember HF by the way they acted in games and the way they got a win. (If the one for BC is not finished). Both teams are in the playoff and congrats and good luck. Make 21-AAA proud. 

To the two who keep talking trash to one another...just be quiet and show some class...Now I know Hamshire had to finish the game against H-J and I have heard people say the AD didn't step in on that one. There was no difference in either situation...HF was winning 4-0 against H-J and had to go finish so I don't understand that arguement. I wish they would finish the game but no matter who wins the game isn't BC still obviously the best team in the district. Just because you beat a team once does not mean you are better than them. Just better that night. Both teams are very good teams. HF if you want to prove you are better than BC this year, go deeper in the playoffs...the playoffs are what really matters anyways. Now, if they don't make the game up today can they make it up next week with the TAKS test going on?

Besides it can not be called unless 5 full innings are played.  Even though HF was in the lead in the bottom of the 5th does not mean squat.  That means only 4 and a half innings were played.  The UIL if it goes that far would more than likely say the same thing.  It has to be finished.

It is a shame that this year HF will be remembered by it's last two games. (If the one for BC is not finished). People will get on here and read all year long and remember what was said at the end of the season and not all season long. You always want to end a season on a winning note, weather a winning season or a losing one. These boys from HF can hit the ball, flat out smash it. That's what I will remember about HF. But most of the people on here will read and remember HF by the way they acted in games and the way they got a win. (If the one for BC is not finished). Both teams are in the playoff and congrats and good luck. Make 21-AAA proud.   

your a good man

Besides it can not be called unless 5 full innings are played.  Even though HF was in the lead in the bottom of the 5th does not mean squat.  That means only 4 and a half innings were played.  The UIL if it goes that far would more than likely say the same thing.  It has to be finished.

The game is official after 4 1/2 if the home team is leading.  From what I was told the rule was misinterpreted last week and this game is most likely finished.

Does anyone have a 21-AAA District rule manual handy. Everyone would love to hear what the rule manual says about this situation. Me, I would love to see this game played out. Both teams were stroking the ball in bad weather. But rules are rules.

This is the hidden content, please

Orange Leader

Over the years I’ve dropped plenty of praise on Orange County schools and I’ve dropped a bomb on them as well. However, this week I have a few little tidbits to throw at a couple of rival schools from our local districts.

Is it just me, or is something “fishy†in the water at Hamshire-Fannett these days?

For years and years, H-F drew a lot of respect from folks and schools across the area.

This year, there is some kind of “attitude†going on and I’m not necessarily pointing towards the kids completely on this one.

From football, to basketball and to baseball, I’ve seen Longhorns take out their frustrations by wanting to either pick a fight or throw their bats in disgust or draw silly technicals along with other tantrums here and there.

That’s not the H-F I always remember.

Also, if I’m coaching basketball, baseball or softball, a coach from another sport isn’t going to run “my show†whenever he wants too. If that was the case It would be a short stint for this “boy.â€

Micromanagement doesn’t work for me. And if someone wants to butt in on everything, it would be nice to know the rules of other sports and the district regulations that comply within each sport.

I’m just curious when football season rolls around next year if we’ll get to see the Longhorn “diamond coaches†call some offensive and defensive sets. That would only be fair and heck, it might even be entertaining.

The game is official after 4 1/2 if the home team is leading.  From what I was told the rule was misinterpreted last week and this game is most likely finished.

Okay, so by that token the Silsbee/OF game should have been called and Silsbee should have won.  Wouldn't that mean that OF should  be having a play-in game with someone this upcoming week?

I can see if the rule was misinterpreted, however, in the spirit of fairness it should be handled the way it was originally interpreted to preserve the integrity of the district race.

I truly believe this one of those examples where adults try to insert themselves into a situation that has nothing to do with them when the only thing the kids want to do is play ball. 

Okay, so by that token the Silsbee/OF game should have been called and Silsbee should have won.  Wouldn't that mean that OF should  be having a play-in game with someone this upcoming week?

I can see if the rule was misinterpreted, however, in the spirit of fairness it should be handled the way it was originally interpreted to preserve the integrity of the district race.

I truly believe this one of those examples where adults try to insert themselves into a situation that has nothing to do with them when the only thing the kids want to do is play ball. 

With all due respect, this is varsity baseball, not little league.

Does anyone have a 21-AAA District rule manual handy. Everyone would love to hear what the rule manual says about this situation. Me, I would love to see this game played out. Both teams were stroking the ball in bad weather. But rules are rules.

From the District 21-3A baseball manual..."Section 5, Rule J.   In the event of a suspended (game that has gone past 4 1/2 or 5 innings) or incomplete (less than 4 1/2 or 5 innings) game, the game will resume at the point the suspension occurred."  Not muich room for misinterpretation as far as I'm concerned...

The Silsbee/OF game was suspended in the middle of an atbat, therefore an inning was or had not been complete...If that's the case, you revert back to the last completed inning, in which case OF was up 2-1; or you suspend the game and resume, which is what the district rules say, in which OF won 7-6; Any way you slice it, OF wins they are 6-4 and are in the playoffs...

From the District 21-3A baseball manual..."Section 5, Rule J.   In the event of a suspended (game that has gone past 4 1/2 or 5 innings) or incomplete (less than 4 1/2 or 5 innings) game, the game will resume at the point the suspension occurred."  Not muich room for misinterpretation as far as I'm concerned...

This here speaks volumes.

OF was leading 2-1 after the 5th, which was the last completed inning. The outcome would have been the same either way. I do think they need to finish the game and go with the rules that were established last week.

Youre a good man...the rules had been established long before last week, each head coach in the district knows the rule, it's just a certain AD that seems he has to have his hand in everything, stay out of it and go back to your dry erase board.

OF was leading 2-1 after the 5th, which was the last completed inning. The outcome would have been the same either way. I do think they need to finish the game and go with the rules that were established last week.

My apologies.  I thought Silsbee was leading.

And Horndawg, I'm well aware this is varsity baseball.  Enjoy your "win."  And the lack of respect that will come with it. ::)

I'd advise you to read the previous pages before you take shots at me...This is not "my" win, I graduated a few years ago. If you go back and read, I've been wanting them to finish the game, thanks.  Then, when you finish reading that, you can go back and read what I said about people taking shots at others, and how if you dish it, you better be able to receive it because I'll send shots back at you.  Just go do a little reading, catch up on what you've missed and then see if your opinion changes about what I've typed. 

In the last week this situation has come up in 3 games, OF/Silsbee, HF/HJ, HF/BC. I have a hard time believing that 5 coaches did not know the rule on this

What is a 1/2 of and inning....innings are 1/3;1/3;1/3  ?  like 4 1/3rd etc:

Is their any information out saying Coach Wayne M.-- being the new AD at H-F next year?

You've never heard of playing 4 and 1/2 innings? That would be the bottom of the 5th with no outs

Is their any information out saying Coach Wayne M.-- being the new AD at H-F next year?

You've never heard of playing 4 and 1/2 innings? That would be the bottom of the 5th with no outs

horndawg is correct as usual, i would take what he writes to the bank.

yanks are laying it on the sox at fenway, 6-0 in the 4th.

horndawg is correct as usual, i would take what he writes to the bank.

yanks are laying it on the sox at fenway, 6-0 in the 4th.

Finally something posted actually worth reading!! Thanks admin, I knew you liked me

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder