Stadium renovation news

Guest coachacola

I think the stadium renovations are a top secret project that no one's allowed to talk about.  About once a month Coach Woodard says they are going to start work on it soon but nothing ever happens.

Meanwhile, while LU sits on their hands Texas State is proceeding nicely on $15 million worth of renovations to their 15K seat stadium:

img119.jpg

I guess the good thing about LU not starting yet is that construction costs have declined about 10% from last year so maybe they plan to do more than originally planned.

I am getting frustrated with this lack of news as well.. You would think that they would be releasing information all the time about this to keep the public interested and build up some excitement about this new program... 

Rumor has it that LU will play the 2010 season home games at the Salvation Army Field just off of I-10 and 11th street!!!!!

Nope. It's my understanding that BISD has promised Lamar that they can use their new stadium after letting BISD use their's over the last several years.

The problem is that Lamar actually belives BISD will have the stadium ready by 2010. We all know that it won't be ready till 2040.

we have a football program back at LU and everyone is still complaining.  we havent even played a  single down and everyone is upset with the stadium.  i dont care where we play, as long as the team wins football games and championships, conference or national.  a lot of people read this website and putting down the program before they even play will not help bring in fans either.  im just grateful that football is back and lamar will now feel like a "complete" university.  sure i would love to have brand new stadium, but as long as we at least have a team im happy.  

Guest coachacola

Can't we get an explanation why we can't get any updates. I believe they are scaling back on the original

plans.

That would be really disappointing if it's true.  I read that construction costs have dropped since last year, and since they've been approved to spend almost $26 million they should build more, not less.

They also need to get started on the soccer field since they'll need a place to play those games.  Maybe LU is holding back while they finalize plans for both the stadium/athletic comples and soccer/field house projects.

Psst...

Don't let UNLV know that SHSU alums now hold the top two spots on the TSUS Board of Regents. He'll think we have a conspiracy to keep the Cards out of joining the Ohio Valley Conference or Atlantic Sun, whichever it is he is seeking...

This is the hidden content, please

SEC or our second choice BIG 10

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami