Lumberton Lady Raiders 14 - Central Lady Jaguars 0

the score looks pretty bad at a glance.  it can be hard to not run up a score sometimes, but it's not really that hard. the question is whether it's worse to score 14 and make a team look bad or pass the ball around them and make them look bad.  my sister's team in dallas won their district, and they averaged beating the worst teams in district 5-0.  those teams were beaten by middle of the pack teams in district by double digits.  apparently their coach found the formula for keeping the score down. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this is why you don't send 4 teams in a district to the playoffs.  I looked at all the UIL scores for this level and every first place district team won and for the most part, did not get scored on. The other half had byes.  About the only thing that could have happened is that someone could have gotten hurt in a game that ended up being a joke.  Hopkins is a great coach and the people saying that he ran up the score were obviously not there. 

Ouch.  There is NEVER a good reason to do that to any team.  That is pure bad sporrtsmanship and the coach should be ashamed!  I cannot wait until Lumberton plays a team that whips their tail!

Women's Playoffs:

2003:  Poteet 16 -Seagoville 0;  Wylie 9 -Paris 0; Highland Park 15 - Dallas Smith 0

2004:  Poteet 13 - Kimball 0;  Highland park 16 - Roosevelt 0; Midway 15 - Sharpstown 0; Friendswood 9 - Hardin 0

2005:  Midlothian 11 - Wilson 0

2006:  Klein 9 - Lumberton 0; Friendswood 8 - Foster 0; Friendswood 10 - Waltrip 0;  Tx City 10 - Westbury 0

2007:  Rider 10 - San Elizaro 0; Friendswood 10 - Galena Park 1; Boyd 10 - Sulphur Springs 1

2008:  Boyd 12 - Mount Pleasant 0

Three of these coaches are wearing rings.  Nine others were in the State Finals.  That's a long list of coaches for you to start bashing.  You better get started Mr. Perfect.  We're dying to hear about it.  You might just be able to get them to call some of those kids, who have gone on to bigger and better things than soccer scholarships, and apologize for beating them.  Or maybe you could just send a letter to Obama to have the UIL put a limit on goals that teams can score.  If they go over, they would be replaced by Rec. coaches or something so everything would be nice and fair. 

I like this guy, he is fun.

Ouch.  There is NEVER a good reason to do that to any team.  That is pure bad sporrtsmanship and the coach should be ashamed!  I cannot wait until Lumberton plays a team that whips their tail!

Women's Playoffs:

2003:  Poteet 16 -Seagoville 0;  Wylie 9 -Paris 0; Highland Park 15 - Dallas Smith 0

2004:  Poteet 13 - Kimball 0;  Highland park 16 - Roosevelt 0; Midway 15 - Sharpstown 0; Friendswood 9 - Hardin 0

2006:  Klein 9 - Lumberton 0; Friendswood 8 - Foster 0; Friendswood 10 - Waltrip 0;  Tx City 10 - Westbury 0

2007:  Rider 10 - San Elizaro 0; Friendswood 10 - Galena Park 1; Boyd 10 - Sulphur Springs 1

Three of these coaches are wearing rings.  Nine others were in the State Finals.  That's a long list of coaches for you to start bashing.  You better get started Mr. Perfect.  We're dying to hear about it.  You might just be able to get them to call some of those kids, who have gone on to bigger and better things than soccer scholarships, and apologize for beating them.  Or maybe you could just send a letter to Obama to have the UIL put a limit on goals that teams can score.  If they go over, they would be replaced by Rec. coaches or something so everything would be nice and fair. 

yeah, have the UIL put in a 6 run mercy rule, oh wait, that would mean that a team that might could have pulled off a come back wouldn't get the chance to do that.

Women's Playoffs:

yeah, have the UIL put in a 6 run mercy rule, oh wait, that would mean that a team that might could have pulled off a come back wouldn't get the chance to do that.

BTW, just looked up both the boys and girls playoff scores for Friendswood, seeing as he/she started this. Boys squeaked by with a 1-0 win, just like Lumbertons'. The girls try a 7-0 win against Crosby. So maybe friendswoodfan is just jealous their girls aren't as good as Lumberton?  ::):o;)

Women's Playoffs:

BTW, just looked up both the boys and girls playoff scores for Friendswood, seeing as he/she started this. Boys squeaked by with a 1-0 win, just like Lumbertons'. The girls try a 7-0 win against Crosby. So maybe friendswoodfan is just jealous their girls aren't as good as Lumberton?  ::):o;)

that is true. friendswoodfan is just jealous of Lumberton. we cant help our soccer players are just good =)

Yes, you caught me.  As a fan of the most successful program in the history of the Region (a team that is on a 3 year and counting streak of Regional Championships), I am terribly jealous of a team that has gotten more than 2 rounds into the playoffs (and, which lost to PNG earlier this year) how many times??????   ;D  My only wish is to root for slow-footed but stout players who beat up on weak teams.  You're all class L-town. 

Enjoy the earlier rounds and beating up on the weak teams.  And save up your money to buy your tickets to watch Friendswood play in the later rounds!

And, I stand by my statement that beating up Central by a 14-0 score is poor sportsmanship!  As best as I can tell, your excuse is that Central beats the **** out of you teams in football  and basketball, so you compensate by doing it in soccer.  That's lame.

we've beat them the last two years in football

Lumberton beats one team in a playoff game by five more goals then Freindswood beat three teams during district play and suddenly the Region 3 Champion 'representative' can come on here and make a fool of himself.  We just talk up our teams for padding because deep inside we all know that FW is undefeatable.  ::)  I havent seen your reply to the posts about your team barley squeaking by with 10-0 wins in the playoffs.  I guess since everybody has an opinion, and your a fan of the best team on the planet, we'll just have to listen to yours while trying not wet ourselves everytime you mention their name.  I meant from laughing of course.  ;D ;D

And, I stand by my statement that beating up Central by a 14-0 score is poor sportsmanship!  As best as I can tell, your excuse is that Central beats the **** out of you teams in football  and basketball, so you compensate by doing it in soccer.  That's lame.

You might want to go back and look at the football scores again.

First of all Central did not beat us in football this year so there is no "getting even" with anyone if that is what you imply. Maybe 14 goals was too many, or maybe even worse was the fact that on several occasions lumberton had the ball within 2 feet of the goal and dribbles away from the goal because they do have class and character. They were doing what they were told and were not trying to score at every turn. Should a coach take a risk at playing keep away for more than 20 minutes (I assure you there was at least 15-20 minutes where Central did not possess the ball) to where a central player gets frustrated and tries to foul hard. I dont hink so and as mentioned earlier this game could have yielded way more goals than 14. WAY MORE!

Second  Friendswood fan, are you saying that your own coach and the coaches that dogbone mentioned are worthless and are also poor sportsman? Just curious as sometimes people turn a blind eye towards their own programs. Lumberton is a solid team, as is Friendswood,  but reputations are simply that... reputations. We at Lumberton are living proof that reputations dont mean jack when it all boils down to the game. Yes we may lose games here and there, playoffs, district games and maybe even tournaments but one thing is for sure, our kids, nay our community has kicked our reputation of being a weak sister in many of our athletic endeavours. Football has won back to back district titles (the only 2 in school history), our boys and girls teams in soccer have won many titles themselves (boys have won 11 district titles) all because we really dont care that people like you get on these forums and say that we are going to lose simply because you have a history of success. We are not where we would like to be but we are definately headed in the right direction. If you look back im sure that even your beloved and cherrished Friendswood was not GREAT all the time. Its sad that you get on these forums and bad mouth kids and these programs to get whatever fulfillment youre after. Do you realize that it is you who is showing bad sportsmanship? Funny becasue that is the very thing you acuse the Lumberton coach of having.

And before you get to say that you never say bad things about high school kids, let me remind you that you called our girls "slow-footed and stout". What exactly do you mean stout? By definition it means thicker and heavier than an average person of the same height. Are you calling them fat or heavy, or solid, or plump, or chubby etc.... "Slow-footed and stout players"? Seriously are you gonna talk about high school kids like that. This coming from a man, im sure by the way he talks, is the world record holder in 100 yard dash.

Friendswood has a great program no one contests that. I am a big fan of school spirit but you seem to go a little too far.

"Talent is God-given; be humble. Fame is man-given; be thankful. Conceit is self-given; be careful." John Wooden

Friendswoodfan is ethier a child or actting like a child. CoachL I didnt come to your game against central bc I thought I might have been bad luck plus my cousin had a baseball game. anyways where and when is the next game. and when is the girls game I wanna watch Jason be unclassy.

Wow coach L pretty much said it rite... calling them stout and slowfooted is way way wrong thing to do.  I worked with the majority of these girls for a club season and then some and enjoyed the group ... they were workers and loved to learn more and more and then put it into games.  And i can assure you they were not anything but classy competitors....  good spill coach............  and from first hand exxperience they are great girls.  and ffan should apologize for his comments....  but bet he doesnt.....

The bottom line folks is that running up a 14-0 score is classless.  Most teams that are any good have a rule to not obtain a double digit lead -- the one FHS win by a 10-0 score was, as I recall the result of an own goal when the score was 9-0 already.  My personal view is that the FHS coach shoud shut it down after a 6 goal lead (except if we ever play Lumberton).  And, there is a big difference between even 10-0 and 14-0.

As for calling the Lumberton girls slow-footed and stout, I have watched them play and slow-footed is an entirely accurate description.  I'm sorry if that hurts, but once (or if) you see teams from outside SE Texas, you will understand.  And, stout actually means strong but arrogant -- which aptly descibes any team that would put up 14 goals against a weak sister like Central!  As for those of you who jumped to the conclusion that I meant chubby or thick, I leave it to you to explain why you would assume such a thing, but don't you dare hang on me your aparently unspoken views about the fitness of the Lumberton players!

The bottom line folks is that running up a 14-0 score is classless.  Most teams that are any good have a rule to not obtain a double digit lead -- the one FHS win by a 10-0 score was, as I recall the result of an own goal when the score was 9-0 already.  My personal view is that the FHS coach shoud shut it down after a 6 goal lead (except if we ever play Lumberton).  And, there is a big difference between even 10-0 and 14-0.

As for calling the Lumberton girls slow-footed and stout, I have watched them play and slow-footed is an entirely accurate description.  I'm sorry if that hurts, but once (or if) you see teams from outside SE Texas, you will understand.  And, stout actually means strong but arrogant -- which aptly descibes any team that would put up 14 goals against a weak sister like Central!  As for those of you who jumped to the conclusion that I meant chubby or thick, I leave it to you to explain why you would assume such a thing, but don't you dare hang on me your aparently unspoken views about the fitness of the Lumberton players!

fan you should just stop....

Guest setxgal

LMAO!!! you don't know much about the Lumberton girls.....most of their starters have played select with my daughter for years, and we have won eastern District and  gone to state the last 3 years...we placed 2nd all 3 years.....and I don't know if you noticed FF, but this was a PLAYOFF game..why should they take it easy on a 'weak sister'? Central made it(some may ask why when they can get scored on so much and get shut out), but they made it so fair is fair...the Lumberton girls and coach are very classy and Central was scored on a lot by many teams this year.....I hope Central can continue to build their program.

And keep at Lumberton(you too RP  :P :P)

Everyone from SE Texas needs to apologize to Friendswood Fan.  He gets to decide that 14-0 is much worse then 10-0, and we all know he gets to decide what is right and what is wrong in soccer. He obviously has watched much more soccer then us and he knows all and sees all, so we shouldn't question his supreme soccer knowledge.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012