Lamar vs. Texas State Updates/LU FALLS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was all Roc's fault, in my opinion. I've been to every home game except for 1 this season. This happens every game. We get the lead and Roc switches the offense in to keep away mode. Williams had the ball at the 3 point line with nobody on him like 4 possessions in a row and did not take a shot one of them. We would be wide open and throw the ball back to the point out front. Maybe I just do not understand the thought process of slowing down the game when we get the lead. Hopefully the track meet next weekend will last long enough so I can miss them chalk up another L.

Pardon my french but..........LAMAR sucks!!!!!!  Period end of story!!!!!

Time to play the young kids and get them some experience and chalk it up as a transition season.  Just sad to see it for Dawkins, McThay, Brown and Worrell that their Senior season has been wasted!!!!!

IF YOU LEAVE SKYLAR WILLIAMS IN THE GAME THEN LET HIM SHOOT THE DANG BALL........IF YOU DON'T WANT HIM TO SHOOT THEN TAKE HIM OUT OF THE DANG GAME!!!!!!

Totally on Roc's and his staff tonight........NO OTHER EXCUSES!!!!!!!

I am frickin pissed about the Cards and their season now!!!!!!  I may protest and not go to another game I am so mad!!!!!!!!!

When you lose to what is quite possibly the worst team in the league at HOME, your season is over!

Pack it up Cards, season is over!

Lamar is the worse team in the SLC. How do you go from being a good team at the beginning of the season to the worse

team ever in LU history.

Guest coachacola

I watched the whole game on tv and it wasn't that pretty.  The 1st half was painful to watch.  The 2nd half was better, but I agree with everyone here, especially cardinalcc and lazeek.  Not much else to say.

Easy:

No bench depth

Top players banged up

Top players acting like idiots

Best player is the smallest on the team & he looks tired. Too many minutes

Agree 100%. I think Roc is fighting his a$$ off trying to put this team back in the thick of things. I like how he used as much time as he possibly could during the timeouts to get the team ready. I think the game plan was there, we just had to hit shots.

I think it was more of the players in this one. Of course, everything comes back to coaching but I'm not off of Roc's bandwagon yet.

Guest coachacola

Last year Lamar had Hopkins and Todd (and Barrow before he got hurt), along with McThay and Dawkins, who could all shoot the 3.  They well all good shooters (although somewhat streaky) and they were able to outshoot their opponents in most games.  This year the main guards behind McThay and Dawkins are Miles, Williams and Harper.  For the year Miles is 8-34 (.235), Williams is 4-19 (.211) and Harper is 1-3 (.333) from behind the arc.  Contrast that to last year with DHop 46-124 (.371), Todd 54-123 (.439) and Barrow 31-104 (.298).

If Lamar had just one guard who could hit the three (Moton?), then Lamar would probably be sitting at 6-4 instead of 3-7 right now in the SLC.  Since this was Miles, Williams and Harper's first year of D1 ball (and not highly recruited) then it was probably too much to expect them to replace 3 good seniors.  I'm sure Roc was expecting Moton to come in and fill Todd's role, while Nabors and Nwevo would have provided much needed depth inside. 

Agree 100%. I think Roc is fighting his a$$ off trying to put this team back in the thick of things. I like how he used as much time as he possibly could during the timeouts to get the team ready. I think the game plan was there, we just had to hit shots.

Roc is definitely not the best coach nor is he in the top in the league when it comes to X's and O's. He's always had the most "talented" and "athletic" team according to the pundits, but he never gets the results.

With all the shortcomings in the talent area this year, namely with the injuries, Roc's inabilities to coach even in the Southland Conference (which I know some of you call "lowly") are being exposed for what they are.

I am not worried about Williams 3 point percentage, he is the only guard Lamar has that can drive to the basket and elevate high enough to get a reasonably clean shot against the other teams big men and it appears he is no longer attempting to drive.  When McThay or Dawkins drive  (especially McThay) it either ends up with a circus shot or a bad pass once the other teams realize they can't get up high enough to be a real threat. If you don't have a big man then you need an Alan Daniels type guy and I believe that is Williams.

Guest coachacola

Roc is definitely not the best coach nor is he in the top in the league when it comes to X's and O's. He's always had the most "talented" and "athletic" team according to the pundits, but he never gets the results.

With all the shortcomings in the talent area this year, namely with the injuries, Roc's inabilities to coach even in the Southland Conference (which I know some of you call "lowly") are being exposed for what they are.

I think that TheRevSWT said it best about Terror on BobcatFans.com:

What happened to you to make you such a bitter and sad little man?

I don't think you're liked on any forum, not even katfans.com.  Constantly putting down other schools doesn't make SHSU better.  Not that many people care about SHSU so get over it.

I'm pretty sure I never said Roc was the best coach in the SLC, however he has beaten Bob Marlin twice in 4 tries, one of the losses took the Kat's an extra 10 minutes to seal the deal. Have you seen Roc coach more than one game than LU @ UNO. You constantly put him down, maybe because we fans like to hype up the recruiting classes and bring excitement to our program, however all you like to do is constantly put down Lamar in every aspect.

No offense MFFL........but come sit where I sit and you will see another side of Roc that you do not see from your seats!!!!!  He is not to great with the x's and o's!!!!!  I get to see it first hand every home game.

I agree with you, Lazeek. I am a season ticket holder(11 years now), and from the beginning of Roc's tenure I have never been impressed with his on court decision making. Roc may be a great recruiter, motivator, and even a good practice coach, but his in game decision making and in game adjustments are not very good. Tony Branch, Grey, Deane and Newell were better game type coaches with their x's and o's.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin