Lamar vs. Texas State Updates/LU FALLS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KFDM COOP

No offense MFFL........but come sit where I sit and you will see another side of Roc that you do not see from your seats!!!!!  He is not to great with the x's and o's!!!!!  I get to see it first hand every home game.

None taken, I'm sure he doesn't have the best schemes, but I think he's trying to get better though, that's all you can ask for from a Coach, of course you do sit right there though so maybe he doesn't do jack crap during TO's. Just hate it when Terror throws fuel to the fire.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

They never gave Tony Branch a chance!! ONE YEAR?? That was horrible... :(...He is a good guy and a pretty good coach too...What if that did Roc that way? Would you guys agree with it now?

Guest tigersvoice

They never gave Tony Branch a chance!! ONE YEAR?? That was horrible... :(...He is a good guy and a pretty good coach too...What if that did Roc that way? Would you guys agree with it now?

I agree with Dickie on this one.  Tony had NO CHANCE!

Definitely agree with you. We're way to impatient with coaches.

Never meant to equate Williams with Daniels, only that Williams is the only player on this team that even shows the ability to dribble drive and finish.  Can he pull up and make the 10 to 12 footer, I don't know but nobody else on this team is capable.  It takes a complete college career to determine how good a player is or becomes.

Skyler Williams is no Alan Daniels. I don't think we'll be seeing Skyler scoring over 1,000 points in 2 years anytime soon. The team has no shooters besides Dawkins. Most teams have a solid 8 man rotation and we don't. If we can somehow rise from the dead and make the tournament, then anything can happen, but until we start winning, these games will give the youngsters some experience for next year.

No offense MFFL........but come sit where I sit and you will see another side of Roc that you do not see from your seats!!!!!  He is not to great with the x's and o's!!!!!  I get to see it first hand every home game.

I agree with you, Lazeek. I am a season ticket holder(11 years now), and from the beginning of Roc's tenure I have never been impressed with his on court decision making. Roc may be a great recruiter, motivator, and even a good practice coach, but his in game decision making and in game adjustments are not very good. Tony Branch, Grey, Deane and Newell were better game type coaches with their x's and o's.

I am beginning to doubt that as well!!!!

Agree with giving the younsters a chance.  Thought some facts would be interesting. No doubt Daniels was the best at Lamar in years.  Point of earlier comments were in response to Williams not taking open shots, is it him or is it ROC's game plan.  Based on last three years don't see that great recruiting ROC was known for either.

Alan Daniels Stat Summary:

Season GP MPG PPG FG% 3FG% FT% APG RPG BPG SPG

2005-2006 31 35.1 23.5 43.6 30.4 66.5 3.0 6.7 0.7 2.3

2004-2005 29 33.2 19.9 46.9 37.7 66.4 2.8 5.3 0.6 2.0

Career 60 34.2 21.8 44.9 33.7 66.4 2.9 6.0 0.6 2.2

Skyler Williams Stat Summary:

2008-2009 20 17.3 3.7 48.0 21.1 62.9 1.9 2.3 0.1 1.1

Brandon McThay Stat Summary:

2008-2009 24 30.7 13.6 42.6 37.3 79.2 2.2 3.2 0.0 1.1

2007-2008 29 18.8 5.9 43.8 42.6 80.9 1.9 1.2 0.0 0.9

2005-2006 21 11.3 4.5 36.5 26.7 75.9 2.1 1.2 0.0 0.7

Career 74 20.5 8.0 42.0 38.1 78.6 2.0 1.8 0.0 0.9

Ashton Hall Stat Summary:

2008-2009 24 23.7 8.2 43.8 27.9 71.8 1.3 3.5 0.5 0.7

2007-2008 21 7.9 1.5 23.3 25.0 68.2 0.5 1.0 0.1 0.1

Career 45 16.3 5.1 40.4 27.2 70.9 0.9 2.4 0.3 0.4

Lamar has no X and O"s. It is up and down the court and see how many AIR BALLS you can shoot. They may have to give tickets away plus a 6-pack to get a crowd there.  :D :D  That is the worst team I have seen play in many a year!

Okay, they have been running up and down the floor all year. So why now are you complaining  after they start losing? I knew that fickle fanbase would raise it's head before the season was over :D

Okay, whose going to initiate the "Get The Roc Out" vote?

Lamar has no X and O"s. It is up and down the court and see how many AIR BALLS you can shoot. They may have to give tickets away plus a 6-pack to get a crowd there.  :D :D  That is the worst team I have seen play in many a year!

Okay, they have been running up and down the floor all year. So why now are you complaining  after they start losing? I knew that fickle fanbase would raise it's head before the season was over :D

Okay, whose going to initiate the "Get The Roc Out" vote?

I don't know but I'll shut it down... Beaumont does have some fickle fans. You win, we support, we have tough times, and all of a sudden we're lost. I mean we're talking about maybe 5 plays that would of made a difference in 3 games. We play SHSU on wed in the $h!tole coliseum and even though it is in Hunstville, it took them 2 OT's to beat us in Beaumont. Then we get NWST. this saturday. I'll mark it down as a win if we are still playing the way we have.

No doubt things have to change but things have already drastically changed since the OOC and hopefully this team will make another drastic change and start winning more.

We need to pull off a win on Wed. and then maybe next monday we'll be on this board with a little optimism for once!  :o

Guest coachacola

They are not that bad, and I don't remember any air balls in that game.  They've hit a tough stretch now but they could have easily won 3 of the last 4 conference games with a little luck.

They are not that bad, and I don't remember any air balls in that game.  They've hit a tough stretch now but they could have easily won 3 of the last 4 conference games with a little luck.

Change that quote to a "little better coaching" and I'll agree with you. If a team is relying on "luck" they are doomed. Any fans putting these losses on lack of luck, is reaching.

I remember one early in the game... Custer I think...

What was going on with the Kid named Williams? He had the ball on the wing and Texas State dared him to shoot the ball. I figured he must be a poor shooter. But it sure wouod have pissed me off. Thats showing disrespect to your game by backing off and challenging you to shoot a wide open UNCONTESTED 17 footer.

I have to agree with Lazeek and other on the board.  I sit close to the team and see the same thing.  The team has lost it's chemistry and enthusiasm with each other. Roc yell out confusing the players, a game or two back, KD lost the ball and possibly the game because of Roc's yelling at him as he just bring the ball down on a critical possession. I know he can hear me yelling at him, with have eye contact.  Sky should have shot, he was not more than 30 ft from me. I thought the little coach was telling Sky he needed to shoot, but he did it again from the same spot.

What was the not making class all about, a protest of some sort?  It seems like a yearly thing the chemistry is lost, leaving us to say  " we got baseball coming up"

My internet access is limited, having to piggy back with laptop to get on line.  House is slow to getting back.

A lot of posts have mentioned the injuries as one of the causes for Lamar's problems, anyone have a record of the number of in game injuries versus practice injuries.  I know that Nabors and Harper were off court or out of season but other than a cut here or there I don't recall any significant game related injuries.  I know teams have a shoot around on game days but why would you have an hour and a half practice, that Roc mentioned on his pregame interview. 

I think it's more of the case that  our injuries have obviously created a lack of depth which leads to players playing more minutes which of course doesn't help our fatigue out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder