*UIL Mock Look At What The New Districts Would Look Like/1A Passes!!!!!!!!!!*

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest A-TOWN

I know, i was saying i feel sorry for some of the big schools that are in a district with another big school, thats like Playoff teams in 1 district together

5A Division 2 District 7

Baytown Lee

Baytown Sterling

Beaumont West Brook

Dickinson

Galveston Ball

La Porte

LC Clear Springs

Port Arthur Memorial

4A Division 1 District 9

Beaumont Central

Conroe Caney Creek

Humble Kingwood

Park

Huntsville

Magnolia

Magnolia West

Montgomery

Willis

• 2 weeks later...

UIL is putting as many strong playoff teams together in one district. They started this the last realignment. This means some of the weaker teams in the weaker district will make the playoffs and some of the stronger teams in the stronger districts will be sitting home. When these weaker districts meet the stronger district in the playoffs it could be embarrasing. They are not doing the weaker teams a favor by grouping them together. You don't get stronger by playing weaker teams in your district. UIL IS WAY OFF BASE WITH THIS SUGGESTION. HOPE THIS DOES NOT PASS.

Travel!!  If you look at the mock proposal, you will have a total of 3, 4 team districts in 3a and 3 in 1a.  5a and 4a will be a range from 6 team districts to 10 team districts.  2a - 5 -8, 3a 4 - 6, 1a 4-7.  Remember with the proposal as it passed for 1a, only 2 teams from each district make the playoffs.  How is this proposal more equitable than current policy?  The 3rd place team in a 10 team district is possibly better than the second place team in a 6 team district.

• 1 month later...

Travel!!  If you look at the mock proposal, you will have a total of 3, 4 team districts in 3a and 3 in 1a.  5a and 4a will be a range from 6 team districts to 10 team districts.  2a - 5 -8, 3a 4 - 6, 1a 4-7.  Remember with the proposal as it passed for 1a, only 2 teams from each district make the playoffs.  How is this proposal more equitable than current policy?  The 3rd place team in a 10 team district is possibly better than the second place team in a 6 team district.

Football, I can agree with you to a point that the 3rd place team in a 10 team district "possibly" could be better than the 2nd place team in a 6 team district, maybe even the 4th place team. Of course that would only be if at least half the teams in the district were quality teams. On the other hand, teams in a 6 team district would have the opportunity to tune up against high quality teams in other small districts so......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833