****Here's your PN-G applicant list...**IS THE COACH PN-G WANTS ON THE LIST?

SO who is this mystery applicant ? If there is one then his name should be out there too ! 

There is no mystery applicant. There was a group of folks in the community trying to convince Stump to apply. It aint happening. Danaher is the right man for the job. I think he still has 10 years left and we currently have some good young coaches who could learn a great bit from him.

But why? He has a winning program at CCC. Has his system in place. Guys in their 60s just don't up and move and "start over."

This makes no sense.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO who is this mystery applicant ? If there is one then his name should be out there too ! 

There is no mystery applicant. There was a group of folks in the community trying to convince Stump to apply. It aint happening. Danaher is the right man for the job. I think he still has 10 years left and we currently have some good young coaches who could learn a great bit from him.

But why? He has a winning program at CCC. Has his system in place. Guys in their 60s just don't up and move and "start over."

This makes no sense.

I am not saying he will get the job, but I can promise you the interest is genuine.

Then post he makes about 99,000 per year @ Calallen....I know more than you think.  ;)

Sometimes there are reasons other than money. Situations and circumstances change in all communities. I believe PNG's offer will be a little less but not much.

ding, ding ding. That is one issue. But not the only one.

Then post he makes about 99,000 per year @ Calallen....I know more than you think.  ;)

Sometimes there are reasons other than money. Situations and circumstances change in all communities. I believe PNG's offer will be a little less but not much.

Are they trying to pressure him to retire?

No.

No.

This one is a real chin scratcher to me.... ???

Vance is the guy. Donaher is old and not what we need.  Looking for a guy that has had lots of recent success.  Motivated, and looking to change things starting at the middle school level.  Its not a sin to teach the kids to win at a young age.  They do it in junior league and fall behind after that.  Regardless of my opinions, neither of these guys have local ties, and will have full control of hiring and firing staff, thanks to the masters. Its time for change, and that's what we will get.  Start at the top the keep on going.  To all you loyal readers get ready because the guard is changing.  Out with all of the old and in with the new. Once a new staff is in place we can begin to work on the other things needing change.  Hopefully get a few new elected officials that have community interest in mind, the again if not the law will always prevail.  Good luck to all, my jaw sure didn't drop after seeing the list, but at least theres a few good ones.  This whole situation reminds me of Enron..................  Just when you think you have all the power............................................  Your done.  That's the mighty fine world of politics. 

Does anyone know what the board is looking for? AS in all lists of apps for HC jobs there are some duds. Some up and comers, and some established coaches. Some of the established coaches make you wonder why they would leave their present job, ie Danaher. But maybe he has valid reasons. It is easy to see why a coach in asmaller division would want to move up. But success in lower divisions doesn't always mean success at the higher levels. An OC or DC app usually means a younger man with desire to implement his style to see if it works. The job of deciding which of these apps is the right one is not a job I envy. But with out knowing what the driving force with the board is , it is hard to guess who the front runners are. Is it a certain offence they want to see, or defence? Or does it matter as long as they win? Do they want experience or a young gun with fire in his belly? I wish them luck in their decision.  But it would be fun to try and guess the winner. So if anyone has a clue what the board is looking for give us a clue

Vance is the guy. Donaher is old and not what we need.  Looking for a guy that has had lots of recent success.  Motivated, and looking to change things starting at the middle school level.  Its not a sin to teach the kids to win at a young age.  They do it in junior league and fall behind after that.  Regardless of my opinions, neither of these guys have local ties, and will have full control of hiring and firing staff, thanks to the masters. Its time for change, and that's what we will get.  Start at the top the keep on going.  To all you loyal readers get ready because the guard is changing.  Out with all of the old and in with the new. Once a new staff is in place we can begin to work on the other things needing change.  Hopefully get a few new elected officials that have community interest in mind, the again if not the law will always prevail.  Good luck to all, my jaw sure didn't drop after seeing the list, but at least theres a few good ones.  This whole situation reminds me of Enron..................  Just when you think you have all the power............................................  Your done.  That's the mighty fine world of politics. 

I would take either one.

I get a little scared of PN-G if Vance gets the job...not too scared mind you but he'll actually turn them back into a force.  I'd guess it's going to take a pretty good offer for him to leave Liberty Hill where he pretty much gets what he wants.  He's not all that young either and I don't think he takes the job if he thinks it's a long rebuilding effort.

I think Southeast Texas will be surprised with the new HC/AD at PNG, and I think it will be someone we least expect.  The indian spirits are covering The Reservation and I feel nothing but blessings coming PNG's way in the future from our new HC/AD.

PNG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Honor...............Pride...............Tradition.........simply "PRICELESS!"

If you look at CCalallen the demographics are changing and not for the football better...I could see Danaher wanting a 5-8 year deal and bring a couple young gun OC/DC with him...Hell he could keep some of the better young guys PNG has and coach them up to do what he wants...

I still see these names as potential also....

Vance...Proven winner

Critchlow...Experience at all levels....(could bring Barbay with him)

Faircloth....Not really the #2 guy in Odessa...They have an Assoc Hd Coach and he was at HPark...

NOT THESE

Cook...Fired

Langston...NCAA Sanctions

If you look at CCalallen the demographics are changing and not for the football better...I could see Danaher wanting a 5-8 year deal and bring a couple young gun OC/DC with him...heck he could keep some of the better young guys PNG has and coach them up to do what he wants...

Vance...Proven winner

Faircloth....Not really the #2 guy in Odessa...They have an Assoc Hd Coach and he was at HPark...

NOT THESE

Cook...Fired

I agree with these and I would add Chris Garrett from Duncanville......younger and enthusiastic with a good ideas, excellent TE coach as well, from what I hear.

If you look at CCalallen the demographics are changing and not for the football better...I could see Danaher wanting a 5-8 year deal and bring a couple young gun OC/DC with him...heck he could keep some of the better young guys PNG has and coach them up to do what he wants...

Vance...Proven winner

NOT THESE

Cook...Fired

Excellent post, someone did a little research.

There are only a couple names of interest..

Philip Danaher....Age 61????..Great Success but end of his career..might I remind you of Lou Holtz and his run at SC.

Jerry Vance...Proven winner with Slot T Run Run and Run some more offense.  Should be in Top 3

Brandon Faircloth... Odessa Permian OC - Coonass is right...There was an asst Head coach ahead of him

Critchlow.. Fired from previous job for DWI

Satcher...former PNG grad, College Exp, Defensive mind, Success at the HS Level with Bay City (State Finalist)& Clear Lake (similar talent makeup) State Semifinalist, District Champs, Top 10 Defense in the state, Bayou Bowl Allstar game Defensive Coor. for this year....No Interview

Other than that very disappointing...If you disagree look these guys up on the internet...Junior High Coaches, Former Coaches, Position coaches,  Not the jaw dropping list we thought we would see..It looks as though the masters requirement did in fact hurt us.

Poppa....thanks for the DWI update....I didnt look into that one that much..

I agree with ya on the jaw droppers....Faircloth got to where he is because of Matt Stafford (HPark) obviously a major draft positions in the NFL this year....

If Danaher is true of coming, I would go with him....Vance would be my most likely next candidate....

Guest Brubaker

I can't see Vance's slot T which he runs in 3A being successful at PNG.  Wrong guy.  Danaher... I've said great credentials, but PNG needs something different in my view.  PNG needs a spark, I don't think they get from either.  They are safe though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder