Ofield @ H-J - UPDATES/HJ Wins!

I know its natural for people to make mistakes and foul in basketball but when someone bodychecks another person repetivly, throws an elbow into another guys face, one guy fell on the gound and then held onto one of our guys ankle. Lets see now there was when our guy got a foul and walks off and the OF guy follows him and then shoves the ball into his chest from behind. I personally havnt seen a team this bad all year.

I know its natural for people to make mistakes and foul in basketball but when someone bodychecks another person repetivly, throws an elbow into another guys face, one guy fell on the gound and then held onto one of our guys ankle. Lets see now there was when our guy got a foul and walks off and the OF guy follows him and then shoves the ball into his chest from behind. I personally havnt seen a team this bad all year.

I for one am sorry for that, and I am sure Coach Wrinkle will take care of them at practice!  >:(

and what made it worse is that after hayes stuffed the ball into jarvis stomach all of the OF fans stood up and started applauding for the action as if they appreciate dirty plays over there i lost alot of respect for OF amd their fans during this game

I better see some Orangefield fans on here saying this was not as bad as it seems!  :o

and what made it worse is that after hayes stuffed the ball into jarvis stomach all of the OF fans stood up and started applauding for the action as if they appreciate dirty plays over there i lost alot of respect for OF amd their fans during this game

I better see some Orangefield fans on here saying this was not as bad as it seems!   :o

you wont and if they get on here and try to deny all of this then they will be lying..it was a very classless act but i guess some people cant handle when their team is losing

I better see some Orangefield fans on here saying this was not as bad as it seems!   :o

you wont and if they get on here and try to deny all of this then they will be lying..it was a very classless act but i guess some people cant handle when their team is losing

They had better get their act together or watch the playoffs from the stands!!  >:(

Did not think that all of the big 3 played well, Jarvis played well but Burrell and Turner really did not have good games.  Why didn't Burrell start tonight?  He seemed to be pretty ticked off through most of game.  Ricosa played very well and seemed to get alot of offensive rebounds.  I disagree about the clapping on the Hayes incident, it was more of a stand up as to what was going on since it was on the other side of the floor.  There is not much positive that I can say about this game, just did not get it done, gotta get ready for the next one.  

Burrell did not start for disciplinary reasons.  He has taken the 3rd spot behind Jarvis and Jacoby this season.  Ricossa played great in his first game back since injuring his knee.  If he can play like this for the rest of the season it will make a huge difference for the Hawks.

first, i must congratulate h-j for their victory. they played aggressive defense causing turnover after turnover and o-f never could get theire game going. however, bobcat05 you don't need to comment or apologize for things you don't know anything about. i did not see any unsportsmanlike conduct by any o-f player or fan. i did see and o-f player get football tackled at half court by an hj player though and by the way no foul was called. but i am sure you hj guys didn't see that. as for the officiating, that was by far the best officiated game i have seen in an h-j gym. so i can honesly say h-j beat o-f. but i do find it odd the winning team's fans complaining about the officiating.

first, i must congratulate h-j for their victory. they played aggressive defense causing turnover after turnover and o-f never could get theire game going. however, bobcat05 you don't need to comment or apologize for things you don't know anything about. i did not see any unsportsmanlike conduct by any o-f player or fan. i did see and o-f player get football tackled at half court by an hj player though and by the way no foul was called. but i am sure you hj guys didn't see that. as for the officiating, that was by far the best officiated game i have seen in an h-j gym. so i can honesly say h-j beat o-f. but i do find it odd the winning team's fans complaining about the officiating.

Two HJ fans said it...I know it's hard to look at your team and see that they DO WRONG sometimes.  That's why I asked for Orangefiled fans to say it wasn't that bad...and you did...thanks!

I agree with this post and what i put in bold.  I've always thought OF gets screwed at HJ or at home, and this was by far the best officiated game OF has had @ HJ.  And as far as sportsmanship, OF is not a dirty team and i didnt see anything that was flagrant out there tonight.  Its a shame OF take advantage and play better, but they just turned the ball over too much and gave up too many offensive rebounds on defense.  The turnovers were killer tonight though, a lot of them were dumb passes that shouldnt have been thrown.  Credit HJ though, the pressure they applied had a lot to do with those turnovers.   I agree with Wildcatter, Ricossa was a difference maker for HJ and OF couldnt stop him all night on the boards.  Congrats to HJ on the win, and I want to add Sutherland has done a good job with that team this year.  OF needs to get over this loss because it doesnt get any easier when Silsbee comes to town friday.

I have access to the film and the incident happened right in front of the HJ bench.  After a foul called on an HJ player, the OF player who was fouled took the ball and shoved it into the chest of Benard from HJ.  It was pretty blatant and clearly seen but, I am sure it was just the emotion of the game.  As for the tackle at half court, the HJ player went for the ball and the two players got tangled and went down together.

On the boys side OF always think they get screwed with the officiating. Never fails, every year someone wants to file a complaint. I got to the game late becuase I went to the girls game first. I didn't see anything thats not normal in the officiating, They might not have called what you and I regard as a foul but thats why we are in the stands and they are on the court. The refs do a pretty good job most of the time, the only time I complain is when it is inconsistant. It was a good game and I beleive that we might have the big four now not just three. and by the way JB wins the head to head battle for best guard.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmj0
    Newest Member
    mmj0