Ofield @ H-J - UPDATES/HJ Wins!

Guest bleed orange

I was talking about the best officiating at the HJ gym....pleez,  :'( like sometime in the past you have had a game stolen from you by the officials. for bobcat papa. Home cooking is what happens in OF.

"Home Cooking" there is that word again. ;D It is making me hungry.

first, i must congratulate h-j for their victory. they played aggressive defense causing turnover after turnover and o-f never could get theire game going. however, bobcat05 you don't need to comment or apologize for things you don't know anything about. i did not see any unsportsmanlike conduct by any o-f player or fan. i did see and o-f player get football tackled at half court by an hj player though and by the way no foul was called. but i am sure you hj guys didn't see that. as for the officiating, that was by far the best officiated game i have seen in an h-j gym. so i can honesly say h-j beat o-f. but i do find it odd the winning team's fans complaining about the officiating.

Oh I think I saw you at the game sir...you were the man with the dark black glasses and long white pole you used to navagate your way around....HAHA...btw that was a terrible officiating job those guys should all hang up the shiny shoes and whistles....and the only reason we had to lay one of your guys out at half court was because yall had tackled us about 5 times...oh and i dont see how anyone could rate #15 near any of our HJ players...he was not only unsportsman like he completly gave up on the game quit hustlin and everything...(i think his main problem was that the HECKLERS got to him)...bottomline HJ wrecked shop...ORANGEFIELD for the rest of the season should put a finger over there mouth and SHHHHHHHHHH about how good they are...!!! cuz when it comes to 21-3A  HJ RUNS THIS!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

On the boys side OF always think they get screwed with the officiating. Never fails, every year someone wants to file a complaint. I got to the game late becuase I went to the girls game first. I didn't see anything thats not normal in the officiating, They might not have called what you and I regard as a foul but thats why we are in the stands and they are on the court. The refs do a pretty good job most of the time, the only time I complain is when it is inconsistant. It was a good game and I beleive that we might have the big four now not just three. and by the way JB wins the head to head battle for best guard.

PoppaBear, I thought in all the HJ-OF games i've seen in recent years, home or away, that was the best officiated game i've ever seen.  I thought they did a good job last night.  If anyone thinks they did a bad job last night, go back and watch the tape of the game and tell me what fouls were bad calls, i didnt see many.  HJ is an in your face full court pressing defense that causes a lot of turnovers.  The upside to that style is you get a lot of turnovers and easy baskets.  The downside is sometimes you can pick up a lot of fouls.  OF was in the bonus before HJ in both halves last night, and i'm guessing thats why the HJ fans are on here are complaining.  A lot of the fouls called were reach in fouls and were legit calls.  OF lost by 2 pts to HJ last year at home and this years OF team is just as talented as last years team, so i know they can compete with HJ.  This year they played #18 Liberty Hill to overtime who plays a similar style to HJ.  Make no mistake though, OF has a lot of work to do if they want to come close to beating HJ when they play at OF this year.  HJ has a great basketball program and a great coach and are hard to beat any year.  OF's program has come a long way in recent years, but i think they need to beat a team like HJ in district to take the next step. 

I am not complaining about the fouls that were called........I am frustrated with several games this season.....wins and losses for the Hawks......of the times that they call ticky tack fouls and let the obvious fouls go uncalled.  That is what is bad for all involved.  They let you get knocked to the ground and do not call it and then the next trip down the floor and the ball handler is not even touched and they call a foul.  It was a fairly called game last night no doubt!!!!!!  I also with HJ would prefer a game when they let you play, that only helps out HJ!!!!!!!

I am not complaining about the fouls that were called........I am frustrated with several games this season.....wins and losses for the Hawks......of the times that they call ticky tack fouls and let the obvious fouls go uncalled.  That is what is bad for all involved.  They let you get knocked to the ground and do not call it and then the next trip down the floor and the ball handler is not even touched and they call a foul.  It was a fairly called game last night no doubt!!!!!!  I also with HJ would prefer a game when they let you play, that only helps out HJ!!!!!!!

I totally agree with your post Lazeek, you just want the game to be called consistently.  I know we've talked a lot about officials on this thread and some think its stupid to bring up the officials affecting the game but the bottom line is they do.  A perfect example is last season, OF played Silsbee at Silsbee and it was very tightly called game and OF lost by 2 and nearly got an upset victory.  The next matchup OF played Silsbee at home and the game was called very loosely and OF lost by 30 and was ran out of the gym.  Silsbee was playing very well at the time, so that had something to do with it also.  But how officials call the game makes a big difference with the players and what they feel like they can do and get away with.  By the way, Lazeek, I prefer a game they dont let them play, that usually helps OF.  I dont mind a lot of foul calls if they are calling it consistently.  Good luck to HJ the rest of the season and hopefully we see a better game next time!

It is very sad that fans get online and blame officials for the way their team is playing. One post read was let them play. If that had been done in that type of physical ball game,a fight would have broke out. Then the comment would be I can't believe they let the game get out of hand.

I usually don't get on here and say much.  I read and shake my head at some of the silly crap people say on here.  But, in talking about poor sportsmanship I will say this.  I did see # 15 for Orangefield shove the ball in the chest of an HJ player after a foul and thought that was very uncalled for. 

I also saw Burrell talking trash to the OF players the entire time he was in the game.  Then on another occasion an HJ player walked by a group of OF students sitting on the bottom row near half court and said "Why y'all bring these scrubs down here to play". Also uncalled for.    Most of the kids, on both teams, were out there trying to just play hard.  So, I would suggest not throwing everyone  under the bus because of the way 1 or 2 players acted.    The unsportsmanlike door swings both ways..

• 2 weeks later...

I usually don't get on here and say much.  I read and shake my head at some of the silly crap people say on here.  But, in talking about poor sportsmanship I will say this.  I did see # 15 for Orangefield shove the ball in the chest of an HJ player after a foul and thought that was very uncalled for. 

I also saw Burrell talking trash to the OF players the entire time he was in the game.  Then on another occasion an HJ player walked by a group of OF students sitting on the bottom row near half court and said "Why y'all bring these scrubs down here to play". Also uncalled for.    Most of the kids, on both teams, were out there trying to just play hard.  So, I would suggest not throwing everyone  under the bus because of the way 1 or 2 players acted.    The unsportsmanlike door swings both ways..

I thought scrubs were Silsbee's hecklers?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder