Best and Worst Gyms...?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brookeland old gym was the worst gym in the good old USA

Maybe in Southeast Texas but not the USA.  There was a gym I used to play  basketball in out in the West Texas town of Presidio.  I know I called it a gym but it was really more of a cafeterium.  Tile floor, no bleachers and just restrooms to dress in.  BAD

wow presidio...I used to know about them, for my time at Tornillo High...West of Ft. Hancock..

I saw a few people talking about WB's gym, and I thought I'd ask this for kicks...

Whats the Best and/or Worst gyms you've seen in this area?

The old Brookeland Gym back in the 70s with the stage behind the goal and the out of bounds line drawn ON the stage....Hemphill with the "dead spots" in the floor......lol...what memories.....

when we (lumberton) were playing our first playoff game last year at barbers hill, we were walkin around the locker room after the game tryin to find another bathroom. we opened up the wrong doors, and it took us to the bball gym. it was HUGE! the had a second tier in a HIGHSCHOOL gym!

Guest bleed orange

I am a homer too!! Our gym has color. Some of the other gyms do not. Everybody likes Evadale but their court is plain. The seating is good but the court is not, no color just plain. The same with Ozen. Ozens gym is just big that's all. Same with PNG. Kirbyville has good seating and a nice muriel but the court is blah.

I am a homer too!! Our gym has color. Some of the other gyms do not. Everybody likes Evadale but their court is plain. The seating is good but the court is not, no color just plain. The same with Ozen. Ozens gym is just big that's all. Same with PNG. Kirbyville has good seating and a nice muriel but the court is blah.

Bleed, come see Silsbee's new gym floor, I'll think you'll like it.

Did they just add the new floor this year? Anyone have a picture, I'd love to see it.

Did they just add the new floor this year? Anyone have a picture, I'd love to see it.

Just added it this year.

PNG  Tons of seating! Lots of space! Good goals! Good shiny floor, maybe not good design, but the floor is always shiny and well kept! The college scoreboard in the middle with big sound system and with clock on every side and fouls and time and all the other things and then mini clocks on each end of gym

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder