Best and Worst Gyms...?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice

Best- Kirbyville

Worst- Broaddus (old gym) Some folks are confusing this one with Brookelands).This gym was flat out dangerous if you dove for a loose ball.

Best:  Evadale - but a very similar gym would be Kirbyville's.  Evadale's has a little better viewing IMO.

Worst:  Staying away from that concept in 2009 (resolution, you know).  Besides, got "Smited" too many times last year expressing negative opinions.  I'm all about Karma this year.  You people just don't understand us ole folks.

brookeland old gym was the worst gym in the good old USA

Maybe in Southeast Texas but not the USA.  There was a gym I used to play  basketball in out in the West Texas town of Presidio.  I know I called it a gym but it was really more of a cafeterium.  Tile floor, no bleachers and just restrooms to dress in.  BAD

WORST:  Hardin's Old Gym- It had the stands that where above the court, so you couldn't see the action, and there was no room between the sidelines and the bleacher walls.  And the worst part was that the floor was warped (and Im talking big bubbles on the floor), so in certain spots when you dribble the ball would bounce away from you.  ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!!!

Honorable Mention:  The design and seating capacity of the New Hardin Gym-  What was their adminstration thinking?  Spending $$$ to build a new gym, and make it where you can only seats like 100 people (ok maybe 110, LOL) makes no sense. 

Guest curtissimo

I know this is pretty up north...but has anyone by chance seen "the Coliseum" in Tatum...

I believe it is one of the best I have seen ever... 8)

now the worst...ehhh,,,some of ya'll should take a trip to Groveton Centerville...hahahahaha ;D

or maybe Brookelands old gym, new one's not much better..no visitor dressing rooms, new seating has fans basically on the court during the game...  :-\

I feel you on that one. Tatums is beast. And Groveton centervilles has got to be the worst. Just horrible.

Best- Kirbyville

Worst- Broaddus (old gym) Some folks are confusing this one with Brookelands).This gym was flat out dangerous if you dove for a loose ball.

ya Broaddus' old gym is pretty bad..but I was meaning Brookelands when i talked about the worst gym...but Broaddus and Brookelands old gyms are pretty much identical..right down to the poles and low ceilings..lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami