BH Vs. Cleveland for Gulf Coast Classic Title

BHFAN

Guest ST4life

It appears to me, if I'm reading the posts correctly, that it is not the BH people complaining about HJ and Kountze not playing in the BH tournament. HJ and Kountze represented themselves well in the past at BH. It is being insinuated by other posters that they didn't play at BH because of the refs.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner ;D I was wonder where in the heck Lazeek was getting all of the junk he was spouting!!!

Lazeek as you said WHO CARES!!!! BH won their Tournament Nobody is saying they would beat HJ, Kounce or a half a million other teams!!!! All they can say is they won this one and I think after what Cleveland did to Silsbee and the rest they faced that it was a quality win by the Eagles. Oh and Happy New Years ;D ;D ;D hope you get the BH chip of your shoulder for 2009 :-*

what Cleveland did to Silsbee was nothing........Silsbee had an injured player and a not ready to play team that day........dont think you can beat Silsbee cause you might want to think twice on that......... ;D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears to me, if I'm reading the posts correctly, that it is not the BH people complaining about HJ and Kountze not playing in the BH tournament. HJ and Kountze represented themselves well in the past at BH. It is being insinuated by other posters that they didn't play at BH because of the refs.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner ;D I was wonder where in the heck Lazeek was getting all of the junk he was spouting!!!

Lazeek as you said WHO CARES!!!! BH won their Tournament Nobody is saying they would beat HJ, Kounce or a half a million other teams!!!! All they can say is they won this one and I think after what Cleveland did to Silsbee and the rest they faced that it was a quality win by the Eagles. Oh and Happy New Years ;D ;D ;D hope you get the BH chip of your shoulder for 2009 :-*

I read that "someone" was unhappy or questioned why HJ and Kountze do not play in the BH tourney anymore.  I gave a reason and that is that!!!!  I don't care if it is a BH fan or a fan of another school, it makes no difference.  Best of luck to everyone!!!

I read that "someone" was unhappy or questioned why HJ and Kountze do not play in the BH tourney anymore.  I gave a reason and that is that!!!!  I don't care if it is a BH fan or a fan of another school, it makes no difference.  Best of luck to everyone!!!

I MADE THE STATEMENT and here is the reason according to friends in both communities----BH pairs all the tough teams so that they face each other, then one reaches the finals after several bruising games only to face BH which has given themselves a bye and paired the weak sisters with themselves---along come the finals add in some homecooking and there you go---1st place

it is your tourney and you can do it your way but it still smells any way you slice it

what Cleveland did to Silsbee was nothing........Silsbee had an injured player and a not ready to play team that day........dont think you can beat Silsbee cause you might want to think twice on that......... ;D

So did Cleveland.

Anyone else want to argue that they don't take advantage of being the tourney host when drawing up the bracket? Come on Diamond ..puleeez.

taking advantage is one thing----in my view BH goes to the extreme--again if you have friends in the know at HJ and Kountze just ask them--if I were a coach I would not participate either

Anyone else want to argue that they don't take advantage of being the tourney host when drawing up the bracket? Come on Diamond ..puleeez.

taking advantage is one thing----in my view BH goes to the extreme--again if you have friends in the know at HJ and Kountze just ask them--if I were a coach I would not participate either

Well, who draws up those dastardly brackets?  Let see, the current BH head coach and his predecessor, both well respected, GT natives (one of them from a school you mentioned) must have been corrupted to the "extreme" when they came to work for the dark side  ;D ;D ;D

There was a little jawing between the fans from both Cleveland and Barbers Hill which was uncalled for.  It seemed that Cleveland was upset at some of the calls mostly in the first half of the game that forced some of the Cleveland players to sit the bench because of foul trouble, but however the second half was officiated decent and Cleveland was just outplayed.  The players on Cleveland were not involved in the conflict in the stands the coach brought all of his players away and the altercation didnt last very long.  BH is a very tough place to play in and has always been that way nobody should have expected differently. I believe the Cleveland team handled themselves very well and were good sports as well as BH team.  Good tournament.  Cleveland will be healthy after the break all of the players will be ready for district.  You can say silsbee wasnt healthy against Cleveland but Cleveland doesnt have one of their better players playing either. 

As I stated before, I saw two players turn around to the woman from BH and one say something to her. I could not hear her first reply, but when she realized they were players for the Cleveland team, she said wait a minute, You're a player? You just need to zip It! (sounds like a teacher doesn't it?) The Cleveland coach was unaware of this, it was obvious to me. Yes, Cleveland fans are known for this kind of behaviour, and I have witnessed it in the past. I am sure there a many good people and fans from Cleveland, but the ones who misbehave get the attention. I hope this ends this topic and we all move on. 

I have read all the posts on this thread and would like to make a few comments. 1) I have had children in the BH boys and girls basketball programs for the last 10 years and in Little Dribblers before that. We have had to go to places like HJ, HF, Kountze, Smiley, Forest Brook, Cleveland, Crosby and Shepherd to play and the officiating there is no better for a visiting team than at BH. In high school basketball the home team usually has an advantage because a lot of the referees that call the home games are locals and may even have kids in the schools. You can't cry about the refs, you just have to play the game. BH has lost many a road game where the officiating was certainly questionable. 2) Most schools build their tournament brackets to put them in the best possible position to make it to the championship. Anyone who would say otherwise is naive. You still have to win the games. If you do, then you beat the best team from the other side of the bracket. How about we just give BH credit for a great game played and leave it at. I have seen every BH game this season and it was their best effort to date. If teams don't want to come to BH to play then that is their problem. We never seem to have a problem finding teams that want to come play. 3) Everybody wants to make excuses about injured players. One of BH's best players was lost for the season due to an ACL injury in game 3 or 4. Does it matter? If sure does but the BH boys aren't crying about who is or isn't playing. They just keep working to get better. 4) There are classless fans at every school. Our point guard went down in a hard spill and there were a few Cleveland fans that cheered for that. We need to remember that these are just teenagers playing a game that they love and booing or heckling them is immature and uncalled for. Are the BH fans always saints? No, they aren't but I will guarantee you that our administration will not let things get out of hand at a game played at BH and parents can rest easy that their children can make their way to the bus after a game without being acosted. I personally have real reservations about some of the schools we have to go play at.

Good luck to all the rest of the season and let's remember they are just kids.

I have read all the posts on this thread and would like to make a few comments. 1) I have had children in the BH boys and girls basketball programs for the last 10 years and in Little Dribblers before that. We have had to go to places like HJ, HF, Kountze, Smiley, Forest Brook, Cleveland, Crosby and Shepherd to play and the officiating there is no better for a visiting team than at BH. In high school basketball the home team usually has an advantage because a lot of the referees that call the home games are locals and may even have kids in the schools. You can't cry about the refs, you just have to play the game. BH has lost many a road game where the officiating was certainly questionable. 2) Most schools build their tournament brackets to put them in the best possible position to make it to the championship. Anyone who would say otherwise is naive. You still have to win the games. If you do, then you beat the best team from the other side of the bracket. How about we just give BH credit for a great game played and leave it at. I have seen every BH game this season and it was their best effort to date. If teams don't want to come to BH to play then that is their problem. We never seem to have a problem finding teams that want to come play. 3) Everybody wants to make excuses about injured players. One of BH's best players was lost for the season due to an ACL injury in game 3 or 4. Does it matter? If sure does but the BH boys aren't crying about who is or isn't playing. They just keep working to get better. 4) There are classless fans at every school. Our point guard went down in a hard spill and there were a few Cleveland fans that cheered for that. We need to remember that these are just teenagers playing a game that they love and booing or heckling them is immature and uncalled for. Are the BH fans always saints? No, they aren't but I will guarantee you that our administration will not let things get out of hand at a game played at BH and parents can rest easy that their children can make their way to the bus after a game without being acosted. I personally have real reservations about some of the schools we have to go play at.

Good luck to all the rest of the season and let's remember they are just kids.

Beaumont TASO officials are not allowed to ref home or local teams games. They try haard to get every officials from different part of this area to call games

I will say this, yes the host team will set up the bracket to give themselves a good chance to make the finals, everyone does that. BUT, when I saw the brackets to this tourney, I saw an obvious advantage for BH, one that I think went too far in providing them access to the final. Yes, they did beat the team that adavanced from the lower(better) bracket in the final, but that team played more games against way better opponents which I believe took a lot of energy from them.

If you'll look at what teams finished in 2nd, 3rd, and consolation champ, you'll see that all of them came from the lower(better) bracket. In fact, the two teams that played for 3rd place, came from the lower bracket.

There were 13 teams in this tournament, but yet it was split 5 and 8. Five teams in top bracket, 8 teams in bottom. Of those 5 teams in the top bracket, only BH had a winning record. All the teams in the bottom bracket except for Dayton, had winning records, with the state ranked teams( Silsbee and Cleveland) being down there.

Too me, that's just way too obvious. I can see why some teams have turned their nose up to this tournament. I doubt you'll see Silsbee nor Cleveland come back to this one.

I will say this, yes the host team will set up the bracket to give themselves a good chance to make the finals, everyone does that. BUT, when I saw the brackets to this tourney, I saw an obvious advantage for BH, one that I think went too far in providing them access to the final. Yes, they did beat the team that adavanced from the lower(better) bracket in the final, but that team played more games against way better opponents which I believe took a lot of energy from them.

If you'll look at what teams finished in 2nd, 3rd, and consolation champ, you'll see that all of them came from the lower(better) bracket. In fact, the two teams that played for 3rd place, came from the lower bracket.

There were 13 teams in this tournament, but yet it was split 5 and 8. Five teams in top bracket, 8 teams in bottom. Of those 5 teams in the top bracket, only BH had a winning record. All the teams in the bottom bracket except for Dayton, had winning records, with the state ranked teams( Silsbee and Cleveland) being down there.

Too me, that's just way too obvious. I can see why some teams have turned their nose up to this tournament. I doubt you'll see Silsbee nor Cleveland come back to this one.

Thanks for your analysis--you said it much better than I did.

Not sure how you would suggest forming a 13 team bracket tournament. I guess they could have gone 6 and 6, but either way, some team will get a 1st round bye and that team is usually the home team. As for rankings, let's remember that Silsbee and Cleveland are 3A teams and I don't think that you can necessarily say that a ranked 3A team is significantly better than a non-ranked 4A or 5A team.

HJ beat us at Aransas Pass, Nederland beat HJ and we beat Nederland. That doesn't prove anything except to say that anything can happen on a given day and that is why they play the games. On this day, BH beat Cleveland. Cleveland was at the tournament last year and they must have not disliked it too much as they managed to come back this year. If you don't like it when you don't win the tournament you are playing in, then host your own and set it up how you want. This tournament has existed for 16 years so the folks running the tournament must be doing something right.

It's not been all that long ago that Cleveland was not allowed to play UIL football due to their fans getting out of control.  All that inbreeding must increase testosterone levels.   ;D

bh89, do your research before you start your bad mouthing, tell me when and where Cleveland's football fans were ever out of control, and  our players not allowed to play, loud yes they are as WE ALL stand behind all of our teams and support them 100%, so show some class on your part because that comment was unnecessary!

Also AAW, your statement that only Dayton had a losing record in the bottom half of the bracket was incorrect. Montgomery, CE King and Clear Creek all had losing records entering the tournament. Let's make sure that we have our facts straight.

;D ;D ;D ;D Diamond and Aggies just need to give it a rest and stop making up stuff ;D ;D ;D

Also AAW, your statement that only Dayton had a losing record in the bottom half of the bracket was incorrect. Montgomery, CE King and Clear Creek all had losing records entering the tournament. Let's make sure that we have our facts straight.

;D ;D ;D ;D Diamond and Aggies just need to give it a rest and stop making up stuff ;D ;D ;D

guilty conscience?

and Dayton after footballseason is "a little bit better" than Dayton during football season ;)

Guest misundastood

not to mention.......... one(spring dekaney) of the 5 teams BH placed on their side of the bracket was a JV( thats right / jr. varsity/)!!!!!   BUT SOMEHOW THE JV TAG WAS LEFT OFF THE BRACKETS!!!!!!!

plus GC Memorial is practically a JV because they dont have seniors............. 

its one thing to set up a favorable tournament...... this was more than that in most unbiased/rational minds!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa02
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa02