**BREAKING NEWS.. PN-G's Matt Burnett To Step Down As Head Coach**

KFDM COOP

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet Matt doesn't hang around to deal with kids skipping school. Someone Will buy out his contract and he will move on, school's create these positions because if you already owe the money(another years contract) you might as well have someone helping out. PNG is not conroe isd, galena park isd or beaumont isd where you have multiple high school's, the new head coach will be the new AD and when Matt's year is up, if not sooner, he will not be the outdoor athletic complex supervisor/truancy officer or whatever they called it. Matt will land on his feet somewhere as a high school head coach or defensive coordinator, might be good assistant at Lamar, probably a good recruiter. Matt is a really good guy and I hate to see him go.

As a PN-G alumni I wish the best for both PN-G and Coach Matt Burnett. I am saddened it came to this and all this negative talk is surrounding OUR Indians. I would have never dreamed PN-G would seem so divided. Coach Burnett would not even want it to be like this and I'm sure the school board is the same way. Whichever direction the board goes with a new coach, I surely hope these days of Indians arguing with Indians is over in a hurry. It really does shock me.

Roughrider

Sophomore

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Re: Nederland Seniors

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 03:04:56 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Stangs92 on November 25, 2008, 03:00:56 PM

HEY EVERYONE. IF U GET A CHANCE ON DEC.6,2008 COME AND CHECK OUT THE STJFL SEMIFINALS AT DAN R. HOOKS STADIUM. IT WILL BE SOME GREAT YOUTH FOOTBALL. HERE IS THE SCHEDULE:

Pee Wee Division   9am Lumberton White Vs Ned Gold

11am WO-S Vs Lumberton Red

JUNIOR DIVISION WILL HAVE A CLASSIC  MATCHUP BETWEEN TWO WO-S TEAMS.

JR. DIVISION     1PM WO-S WHITE VS. WOS BLUE

3PM KOUNTZE VS. LUMBERTON WHITE

SR. DIVISION       5PM WO-S BLUE VS. LUMBERTON WHITE

7PM  NED. BLACK VS. NED. WHITE

PLEASE COME OUT AND SUPPORT YOUR CITY AND THE STARS OF THE FUTURE!!!!!

With so much talk lately about upcoming talent. It looks to me like WOS, Lumberton, and Nederland have the bragging rights.

Yeah I think its a little crazy also!!!!!!!!

Why? The proof is in the puddin  ;)

I don't think PN-G will go after Creduer. It seems to me that most of the fan base is very unhappy with the run,run, run offense and is looking for change. You cannot argue with the success that Creduer has had at Lumberton, but he has had a big O-Line that is physical, several good backs, and a hard hitting and aggressive defense. That sounds to me like the blueprint that Burnett has had in his successful years in the past. Some years you just do not have the personnel to be succesful in that smashmouth type of offense. I think PN-G will hire outside the area and get an established coach to come in and really shake things up, implement a new offense, and change the face of PN-G football. Long gone are the days where you can be one-dimensional and make long playoff runs. You have to be able to run, pass, play some defense, and perform on special teams as well. The well-rounded teams are the ones that take home the state titles year in and year out.

Coach Long bring him home!!!!! There is already talks that he was coming back to PN-G from Kelly (For all those who don't keep up) because of retirement issues. But now Coach Long will be able to run HIS offense and not have to worry about coach Burnett changing the play. Guys I can't tell you how many almost knockdown dragouts me and others saw between them two over that issue and Coach Long is a offensive guru and he will use what works best for his team NOT the same thing every year. Give this man sometime and he will blossum as a coach here and lead Port Neches back.

dirty D 17.  D=Dustin  17 was your #.  ;D

I would like to see Long back as well. I don't put a whole lot of stock in this years Kelly record because he was starting over with a lot of Freshman and Sophomores. I just think of the local candidates he would be my first choice. I think he and Dustin would work hard to develop our young skilled position talent and develop a pipeline much like Dodge and Ledbetter before him did at Carroll high.

I am though very interested in the list of applicants from outside the GT.

Guest pirates

I played for Coach Burnett when he was doing his student coaching at Lamar, Coach Burnett is truly a fine person and a great coach.  I lookup to Coach Burnett and very proud to call him a friend.  Coach, your the best and good luck.

I don't think you understand..Not that I want Long over all others, just of the local legitimate coaching candidates, I like what Long brings to the table most. But I thnk there will be a nice list outside of the GT forming and will be very interested to see who is on it.

I would love C. Stump, but he ain't gonna leave WB without throwing a bunch of money at him, more than we could afford!

If Stump is not who you were refering to, then let us have it...Who?

hes prob referring to larry haynes at hardin. Every program hes been to he wins. His offense is prob the most exciting in setx. Has won at haltom. Clearlake.lumberton.crosby.and now hardin and doesnt have to have the great athletes to get it done.

He was 6/4 and 7/3 at lumberton hes at hardin because thats where hes from. Eiesenhower still made it to the playoffs that yr and the spread doesnt work overnight it takes time. IT SURE IS WORKING AT HARDIN. WORK AT CROSBY AND EVERY OTHER PLACE HES BEEN AT 140/37 CAREER RECORD. NUMBERS DONT LIE

I don't think PN-G will go after Creduer. It seems to me that most of the fan base is very unhappy with the run,run, run offense and is looking for change. You cannot argue with the success that Creduer has had at Lumberton, but he has had a big O-Line that is physical, several good backs, and a hard hitting and aggressive defense. That sounds to me like the blueprint that Burnett has had in his successful years in the past. Some years you just do not have the personnel to be succesful in that smashmouth type of offense. I think PN-G will hire outside the area and get an established coach to come in and really shake things up, implement a new offense, and change the face of PN-G football. Long gone are the days where you can be one-dimensional and make long playoff runs. You have to be able to run, pass, play some defense, and perform on special teams as well. The well-rounded teams are the ones that take home the state titles year in and year out.

I agree.  I think PNG will hire outside of the district, and you're right, we need a head coach that will come in and shake things up and not be one dimensional, someone that can implement change and bring about a "well" rounded football teacm.  Good post.

Guest rykerx144

I personally think that PNG can do better than Larry Haynes.

Locally, right off the top of my head I would take Credeur and Alvarez before Haynes. Out of this area, there would be many that would be in front of Haynes in the line for the job.

Hey leave Alvarez outta this!!  Although he is one of the best at getting the most production with very little, I would hate to see what he could do with alot of talent!

Flanigan has one of the top young QB's in the state in Merka (Soph. this year). I don't think he will be going anywhere for a few years.

I agree Alvarez would be way higher on my list over Haynes. He appears to be a great motivator. Also heard a few weeks back that Alvarez was contacted by PNG officials??

Guest rykerx144

Flanigan has one of the top young QB's in the state in Merka (Soph. this year). I don't think he will be going anywhere for a few years.

I agree Alvarez would be way higher on my list over Haynes. He appears to be a great motivator. Also heard a few weeks back that Alvarez was contacted by PNG officials??

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Leave him alone!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder