**BREAKING NEWS.. PN-G's Matt Burnett To Step Down As Head Coach**

KFDM COOP

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to Ball Watcher--You haven't watched our program deteriorate the last several years.  If you take the Dustin Long years out of the picture, Burnett was barely over 500% in his winning percentage.  His offense has been void of any imagination or passing attack and has lost the confidence of the fans, not the spoiled parents as you have said.  I don't comment on other teams that I don't know anything about and I would suggest that you do the same.  The talent has been there to win, Burnett's offensive philosophy has been stuck in the past and he  hasn't spread the field to allow the kids to be successful. The frustration of the fans has been building for several years now and its time for a change. 

In response to Ball Watcher--You haven't watched our program deteriorate the last several years.  If you take the Dustin Long years out of the picture, Burnett was barely over 500% in his winning percentage.  His offense has been void of any imagination or passing attack and has lost the confidence of the fans, not the spoiled parents as you have said.  I don't comment on other teams that I don't know anything about and I would suggest that you do the same.  The talent has been there to win, Burnett's offensive philosophy has been stuck in the past and he  hasn't spread the field to allow the kids to be successful. The frustration of the fans has been building for several years now and its time for a change. 

Can't imagine having to sit through that for years...nothing like running Knute Rockney's offense in 2008.

Can't imagine having to sit through that for years...nothing like running Knute Rockney's offense in 2008.

AMEN, im really looking forward to next years season now, weve got 2 good QBs coming up with the JV and they were 1 win away from being undefeated, we got some talent coming up that has already beat these teams they will play this coming year

I played football at PNG and I played for 3 diffrent head coaches while I was there. In coaching I was on a staff that my head coach was reassigned. Also have been on a new staff coming in after an old coach was run off...

The only comment I will make is that things will get crazy over there!!!!!  It will take the ALL of the parents support for the new coach or a WHOLE lot of wins to bring this community back together...

I'm not saying be disloyal to MB just make sure the new coach...whatever he does...has you FULL support.

"whatever he does" - I played for Malone and personally at the time did not like him. But after he left and now looking back...he made me a better player and I thank him for that. Oh yeah and we WON!!!

Geez, now the scout team is going to have to actually start taping the games. We have been using the same game film for years, toss left, toss right, throw on 3rd and long. Good luck to M.B. on his new job, i'm assuming he would not take anyone down with him and thats why he was demoted to see-saw watcher. You have to give him kudos for that. Lets see if the politics in P.N.G. tell the new coach who he can and can't bring in as asst's.

Yes. I believe so. They had already talked about the new position. Also other schools like NS and Conroe ISD that have facilities like PNG's have one.

I'm relieved to know that.  I was beginning to think that an extra 70-80M ( or whatever) was going to be spent in order to save face and maintain GOBP.

Be careful with what you wish for. Nederland went through this cycle and LCM and Ozen are going through it now. It is called life. MB can come over and coach with the Dogs and I would be happy.

I agree Cornhusker, Burnet did coach at Nederland before he went to PNG and was very well respected. I just dont know if he can find it in himself to slip the Black and Gold on again.

I personally think he will end up coaching at Lamar under Woodard after he serves out his contract.

Come on people, coaches get paid to win football games. People can call the people of PNG spoiled brats or whatever they want but coaches get paid to win. Do you think Nederland is paying Neumann almost $100,000 to be just a good ol' boy or be good with the kid's, heck no he gets paid to win football games. As for as the stadium goes, the school board and the taxpayer's is the reason for the stadium. Hopefully PNGISD will post this job state wide because you can really get the attention of some really good football coaches across the state. It is going to be a very attractive job and hopefully they do hire someone that does not have any connections to PNG. That way the whole program can be cleaned up and not just another home town boy who will depend on his buddies to do their job. It's kind of hard when all of the coaches are trying to take care of all of their friends and family. Some of these coaches are very good, but this will also make them work a little harder because they will have an impression to make with their new boss. I do believe that Alvarez will be a candidate as well as Long, but I believe they can do better from across the state. They need to bring in a true offensive minded coach because you can find a defensive coach and he might bring his own DC.

I agree.  The PNG head coaching position is a lucrative job, one that will have coaches salivating from across the state. I feel they should post this postion all across the state and hire someone that is not from here.  PNG fans and players have the HONOR, PRIDE, and TRADITION.  I wish only the BEST for Coach Burnett, but I feel this was a good move.  What amazes me is now, I see people posting from other schools that were always putting MB down, but now are coming out of the woodwork to give him support and are amazed at the decision that was made.  Hmmm......go figure.  PNG will be back, you can count on that!

AMEN, im really looking forward to next years season now, weve got 2 good QBs coming up with the JV and they were 1 win away from being undefeated, we got some talent coming up that has already beat these teams they will play this coming year

New Indian who went undeated in JV this year?

Burnett dont play football, He coach football . It's up to the players to win.

???

Do you really not understand what she is saying?  I understand.   :-\ :-\ .  Was that sarcasism?

District 204A is so competitive that coaching is the difference. Look at Nederland year in and year out and at the same time look at Ozen. I promise Ozen usually puts some very talented kids on the field but coahing has failed them. I believe everyone on this board knows Matt Burnett doesn't play , he coaches. It is ultimately up to the kids to win but the guidance from the coach can be the difference most of the time. No sarcasm just questioning the theory.

ozen ALWAYS puts the most talent on the field. either them or central.

jus no coaching..

Newsflash...Central is in the third round of the playoffs...Seems like some pretty decent coaching to me.

I agree Soulja, you have a very good coach and he is a class act. As long as he is there Central will be a force to be reckoned with. Thats why I referred to Ozen, as much talent as anyone they just can't find the right leader.

Another good example is West Brook, Stump took them from the joke of Beaumont to being a state power. Thats what I was replying to mamajag about, why couldn't " the players" there just win before Stump took over. If it was just one season we could write it off as a good group of kids but I believe he has built a program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa