The Future of Deweyville Football

I put A Thread on here last night so we Deweyville Fans could talk about our football team and its coaches and some one deleted it Please leave this one. I really want to here from the people of Deweyville on the subject of our new coaching staff. I my self do not think any of the seniors or going to play for these coaches next year.Give me your thoughts

I put A Thread on here last night so we Deweyville Fans could talk about our football team and its coaches and some one deleted it Please leave this one. I really want to here from the people of Deweyville on the subject of our new coaching staff. I my self do not think any of the seniors or going to play for these coaches next year.Give me your thoughts

It is real simple....bashing coaches will not be tolerated.  Repeatedly this board has stated such.  If a tread has been deemed to cross the line it will be deleted.

Deweyville is a very small 2A school.  It will be tough for them to compete no matter who the Coach is.  The Pirates beat their smaller opponents this season rather easily.  IMO, we as parents or fans should encourage the players to play the game for the TEAM and not for any other reason.  Deweyville loves football, no one can deny it.  I don't think this thread will have any positive feedback for you.  I think you might need to rethink your line of questioning.  You might want to sit little Johnny down give him a talking to.  You know what they say about KARMA, it might come back and get you.

As a loyal Deweyville fan I see nothing wrong with the coaching staff. Many on the staff were new this year and learning to work together as well. The boys were always encouraged to go out and do their best. New things were tried and some worked and some didn't. Like someone already stated earlier, with Deweyville being such a small 2A school is it hard to compete with schools who have 3 and 4 times more boys than we do. It would be nice to move down to 1A and be one of the bigger 1A schools. I really think that our team will continue to improve and Coach McDaniel and his staff will continue to grow and new great things for the Pirates.

Frustration is a terrible thing!

The main reason that it is, is that there is nothing you can do about it in most cases. If coaches had to deal with losing their jobs after a losing or even a non-playoff year then I am going to start a moving business, because if you check the number of teams that are not in the playoffs (losing seasons or just not enough wins to get in) them I could easily become a millionaire and that is just in this quarter of the state. Think of the business if I went national.

Coaching is a profession that puts its "product" on display once or twice a week during a season. The pieces to the puzzle (called a team) in this case are 15 to 18 year old young men and women. They get to practice a couple of hours a day each week after school starts. College players in all sports spend as much as 5 hours a day and professional athletes well it is their job. Most jobs do not depend on the performance of teenagers to gauge success.

There are I am sure coaches that should not be in their position. If you have a legitimate concern the place to voice it is to your local school board. But when you do ask yourself a few brief questions before you go in.

1. Why are you doing this?

If it is because your child is not playing, you don't like losing or is it something serious that  administrators need to address.

2. Refer to question #1

I played on a team that won the first game of my senior year. We defeated the #1 ranked 4A team in the state in week 1. We had three players injured that were the heart and soul of our team. We appeared in the 5A top ten list in week two. But we traveled down from north Texas to play Ball High in Galveston in week 2 and believe me we fell like a rock from that point. We did not win again that season only a tie against FW Dunbar. Our coach was a great guy who led us through a building season the year before and through successful seasons after I graduated. The thing I remember most about that devastating season was that even in losing our coach was always the one telling us that life is not depended on the wins and losses on the field or court. Character sticks with someone forever.

I know people that have been part of state championship teams, I have even met a couple of people who have been on Super Bowl winning teams. The thing that impressed me most was that they do start the conversation "Hey, I'm a champion from fill in date here they are just people, some better than others, but just people.

Athletics is a class and coaches are teachers. Are kids learning, developing (mind and body) are they learning lessons about dealing with the good and bad that can and will happen in life, are they learning to work as a team and develop new skills that will serve them not just on the team, but in life!

I am not a coach, but I did coach for a couple of years. I do work with students and I am thankful for the coaches that have worked with my children. I have had my disagreements, but I took them to the coach and once they were said that was that.

This was a long post, but I guess I am just responding to the fact that this is the only place where you get to bash someone for their job. How do you think you would feel if someone started a post about how bad you were as a welder, construction worker, insurance agent or whatever. I doubt you would be excited about it, especially if no one used their real name to do it!

PIRATE FANS , I WAS AT THE GAME LASTNIGHT , I WAS ON THE PIRATE SIDELINE , IVE RAN THE DOWNBOX FOR 7 YRS. NOW , I HAD THE PRIVLEDGE TO MEET 3-4 PIRATE DADS WHO WERE HANGING ON THE FENCE , NICE GUYS AND GENUINLY CONCERNED , ILL TELL YOU LIKE I TOLD THEM , YOU HAVE TALENT TO COMPETE IN THIS DISTRICT , YOUR LINE HAS GOOD SIZE , I SAW SPEED IN THE KEY POSITIONS AND YOUR DEFENCE HIT , BUT YOUR BOYS LACK DISIPLINE , PERIOD , I WONT BASH COACHES ON HERE , BUT I WILL SAY THAT UNTIL THE ATHLETES LEARN A LITTLE RESPECT AND HUMILITY THEY WILL GET NO-WHERE

PIRATE FANS , I WAS AT THE GAME LASTNIGHT , I WAS ON THE PIRATE SIDELINE , IVE RAN THE DOWNBOX FOR 7 YRS. NOW , I HAD THE PRIVLEDGE TO MEET 3-4 PIRATE DADS WHO WERE HANGING ON THE FENCE , NICE GUYS AND GENUINLY CONCERNED , ILL TELL YOU LIKE I TOLD THEM , YOU HAVE TALENT TO COMPETE IN THIS DISTRICT , YOUR LINE HAS GOOD SIZE , I SAW SPEED IN THE KEY POSITIONS AND YOUR DEFENCE HIT , BUT YOUR BOYS LACK DISIPLINE , PERIOD , I WONT BASH COACHES ON HERE , BUT I WILL SAY THAT UNTIL THE ATHLETES LEARN A LITTLE RESPECT AND HUMILITY THEY WILL GET NO-WHERE

Yep

Fact is it wouldn't have mattered who coached the Pirates this year.They are the smallest school in  the district and that makes it tough on them.They always play hard and every so often they have a exceptional athlete come thru the system like they had a couple of years ago(I think his name was Addison) that makes the Coach,whoever he is look pretty good.The disparity in size of the 2-a schools ,top to bottom, is the problem not the coaching staff.The good young coaches gotta start somewhere and the older established ones aren't standing in line to come to a small 2-a school.I don't buy the seniors won't play for the guy argument.If they want to play they will get on the field,if not they will spend the next 40-50 years wishing they had.Ever wonder why our kids don't want to go into coaching? ::) ::) ::)

Fact is it wouldn't have mattered who coached the Pirates this year.They are the smallest school in  the district and that makes it tough on them.They always play hard and every so often they have a exceptional athlete come thru the system like they had a couple of years ago(I think his name was Addison) that makes the Coach,whoever he is look pretty good.The disparity in size of the 2-a schools ,top to bottom, is the problem not the coaching staff.The good young coaches gotta start somewhere and the older established ones aren't standing in line to come to a small 2-a school.I don't buy the seniors won't play for the guy argument.If they want to play they will get on the field,if not they will spend the next 40-50 years wishing they had.Ever wonder why our kids don't want to go into coaching? ::) ::) ::)

Addison will be a sr next year

Please Explain  , You or saying the deweyville players have no respect for who

It is real simple....bashing coaches will not be tolerated.  Repeatedly this board has stated such.  If a tread has been deemed to cross the line it will be deleted.

Unless its referring to the WOS oc?

Yep

I have to agree too....

FOOTBALLWILD , ALOT OF THE PLAYERS HAD NO RESPECT FOR THERE OPPONENT , THE VERBAL ABUSE AND NAME CALLING THEY CARRIED ON WITH MADE ME SICK , AND IT ALSO MADE ME FEEL BAD FOR THE TEAMMATES THAT WERE GIVING IT THERE ALL , THA COACHES HEARD THIS AND ONLY ONE TOLD A COUPLE PLAYERS TO TONE IT DOWN , A COUPLE PLAYERS EVEN TAUNTED US , THE CHAIN GANG , NATURALLY I JUST POINTED AT THE SCOREBOARD ,

FOOTBALLWILD , ALOT OF THE PLAYERS HAD NO RESPECT FOR THERE OPPONENT , THE VERBAL ABUSE AND NAME CALLING THEY CARRIED ON WITH MADE ME SICK , AND IT ALSO MADE ME FEEL BAD FOR THE TEAMMATES THAT WERE GIVING IT THERE ALL , THA COACHES HEARD THIS AND ONLY ONE TOLD A COUPLE PLAYERS TO TONE IT DOWN , A COUPLE PLAYERS EVEN TAUNTED US , THE CHAIN GANG , NATURALLY I JUST POINTED AT THE SCOREBOARD ,

The chain gang? As in WOS?

i agree that this thread doesnt need to be here but if you look at last years record, these coaches made an improvement  this year.  rome was not built in one day. the players that will be playing next year( mine is a senior and will not be back) need to ask themselves and their coaches what they need to do as a team, quit worrying about  me me  me  and get to work now.  if these kids work together as a team in  the offseason really hard with one goal in mind, good things will come.  if you dont like what i am saying,  just look at what anauac has accomplished in 3 years.  it can be done here in deweyville as any other school program if every player and coach looks at what they accomplished this year, addresses the problems they have  and works together to prepare for next years season starting now in the offseason. if this is done good thing will come. if nothing is changed now ,  it will be the same thing next year,  watching the other teams reports in the playoffs from the papers.  good luck to the players and coaches in the future and i will be back to run chains for deweyville next year