Update on the PN-G coaching situation

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark my words, this will be about the fight, not Burnett's job.

School boards do not operate like that. That's not how the system works, trust me.

someone posted the agenda on the PNG forum on Sunday.  I assume it was on the agenda before Friday.  Who knows....guess we will all know something by morning.

Most Hd Coaches can be let go that have masters but I dont think MB has his.... However they still have their teaching assignment...I would expect a reassignment if he takes it....

If it does open up, I truly hope it will be a true "open" position because I would love to see the applicants for this job.....Is anyone at the school board meeting or better yet "outside" the closed doors to give us an update...????

Most Hd Coaches can be let go that have masters but I dont think MB has his.... However they still have their teaching assignment...I would expect a reassignment if he takes it....

If it does open up, I truly hope it will be a true "open" position because I would love to see the applicants for this job.....Is anyone at the school board meeting or better yet "outside" the closed doors to give us an update...????

X2 .Take the applications then take the most qualified. I will bet money the most qualified will NOT be Mike Long. If the school board gets the oppurtunity to do the right thing , I hope they do.

ethe

I know MB is a die hard Indian but if they offered him a reassignment he should tell them to stick it.

Whether anyone thinks he is a good head coach or not his overall record and background speaks for itself.

There's a lot of fun that's had on these boards, but I wish I could delete them from cyberspace at a time like this.  No man deserves to be ridiculed like Matt Burnett has on these message boards across SE Texas.  It's un American, no way to confront your accusers.

There's a lot of fun that's had on these boards, but I wish I could delete them from cyberspace at a time like this.  No man deserves to be ridiculed like Matt Burnett has on these message boards across SE Texas.  It's un American, no way to confront your accusers.

I agree with you Penny, Burnett is a great man and deserves more. Do I think there needs to be some changes? Yes, but Burnett is not one of them.

The meeting wasnt just about the fight. My wife attended the school board meeting tonight and they had a closed door session concerning the "duties & responsibilities" of the HS football coach. They said they would discuss the coaches duties, responsibilities, employment, performance, dismissal, (yes this word was used) etc etc, etc. Basically they were going to discuss it all. Coach Burnett was there but didnt go into the closed door meeting but stayed when everyone else was leaving.

Take that for what its worth. We havent heard anything that came from the meeting. Im sure we'll all hear something soon enough.

good post Penny...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder