LC-M FOOTBALL PROGRAM

skipper

Man, ya'll are hard on that guy! I dont agree with what he did, but cut the guy a little slack. He's doing the best he can with the talent he has to work with. Let's face it, most of the talent in Orange county goes to WO-S.

i  know of about 10 or 15 kids that have played football all there life that REFUSE to play football for moody. i think there is potential for a better team, but they just dont want to play for him. im not sayin that there is enough talent to go to playoffs everyyear or anything, but they could be a better team then what they are.

They don't have the dedication anyway then.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, ya'll are hard on that guy! I dont agree with what he did, but cut the guy a little slack. He's doing the best he can with the talent he has to work with. Let's face it, most of the talent in Orange county goes to WO-S.

i  know of about 10 or 15 kids that have played football all there life that REFUSE to play football for moody. i think there is potential for a better team, but they just dont want to play for him. im not sayin that there is enough talent to go to playoffs everyyear or anything, but they could be a better team then what they are.

It's not about "dedication" to the game. A coach can ruin someones love for the game, and if you don't realize that your blind. People that say "well if their kids really liked football they would play under moody winning season or not" But it's not about the game, it's not about losing, it's not about having a lack for love of the game, it's about the coach. When a coach picks his favorites, his "best" and treats them like they are superstars and then treats the rest of the kids like they're brainless mutants that deserve less even though they work just as hard, or in most cases harder than the favorites, it will ALWAYS lead to losing players and a very unsuccessful program. So for the dedication not being there, you really don't know. Why play the game, why risk injuries, for this kind of "playing" when you can play or do something better for yourself in another sport or in academics and actually get rewarded for what you do on some front or another. With Moody there, the only ones rewarded will be his super stars, not the average run of the mill player that will bust his hump to be his best.

It's not about "dedication" to the game. A coach can ruin someones love for the game, and if you don't realize that your blind. People that say "well if their kids really liked football they would play under moody winning season or not" But it's not about the game, it's not about losing, it's not about having a lack for love of the game, it's about the coach. When a coach picks his favorites, his "best" and treats them like they are superstars and then treats the rest of the kids like they're brainless mutants that deserve less even though they work just as hard, or in most cases harder than the favorites, it will ALWAYS lead to losing players and a very unsuccessful program. So for the dedication not being there, you really don't know. Why play the game, why risk injuries, for this kind of "playing" when you can play or do something better for yourself in another sport or in academics and actually get rewarded for what you do on some front or another. With Moody there, the only ones rewarded will be his super stars, not the average run of the mill player that will bust his hump to be his best.

This is a true. I know of several players that bust their butt and work harder than the superstars. He only has 11 or 12 seniors on the team and maybe the same in juniors. I see even less players returning next year if moody returns.

If all this is true, as well as other posts similar to this one, then there are some difficult times at the Bear's den.  I hope ya'll are able to work things out.  I hate to see kids miss out, especially for this reason.  Football is so much more than wins and losses.  They are life lessons and it looks like the lessons that the Bears are getting are not positive!!!! 

In my opinion, the best coaches, like Hooks, are those who know about more than just Xs and Os. They know how to inspire and win kids over. Kids at WO-S know that it's Hooks' way or the highway, and if parents throw a fit, they learn that playing football is a privilege, not a right. Don't like it? Bye. At LC, does the board back Moody up when complaints arise (though some sound legit)? I'm so thankful that the Stangs have such a great coach to mold them. You can whine and moan and boo all you want when you see him on the field screaming at the refs, but the kids sure as hell know that he is in there fighting for them. Moody trying to cancel the game - and then running out the clock from the get-go - reflected poorly on him as a coach and leader of young men. I'm not saying he's a bad coach or person. I'm saying those two actions made him look bad.

Guest abovetherim

In my opinion, the best coaches, like Hooks, are those who know about more than just Xs and Os. They know how to inspire and win kids over. Kids at WO-S know that it's Hooks' way or the highway, and if parents throw a fit, they learn that playing football is a privilege, not a right. Don't like it? Bye. At LC, does the board back Moody up when complaints arise (though some sound legit)? I'm so thankful that the Stangs have such a great coach to mold them. You can whine and moan and boo all you want when you see him on the field screaming at the refs, but the kids sure as heck know that he is in there fighting for them. Moody trying to cancel the game - and then running out the clock from the get-go - reflected poorly on him as a coach and leader of young men. I'm not saying he's a bad coach or person. I'm saying those two actions made him look bad.

You judge a player, a team, the coaching staff and yes the head coach by what the team accomplishes on the field. 

How many kids did WO-S dress for this game? 28? LC-M is a much larger district and greater numbers to draw from. They should not be doing this poorly.

In closing, it isn't ALL Coach Moody's fault. The young men wearing Green and Gold should have more heart.

from what i saw saturday night in west orange made my heart jump for joy all you had to do was look on the other side of the field and see all the people in the stands showing there support for the (KIDS).from what i saw the kids at lc-m wanted this game very very bad.yes i agree there were a few that let up  but not  stop fighting  to stop the play. my prayers are with the young kid that got hurt i wish him a speedy recovery and to you fans at lc-m (NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR KIDS) your day will come

from what i saw saturday night in west orange made my heart jump for joy all you had to do was look on the other side of the field and see all the people in the stands showing there support for the (KIDS).from what i saw the kids at lc-m wanted this game very very bad.yes i agree there were a few that let up  but not  stop fighting  to stop the play. my prayers are with the young kid that got hurt i wish him a speedy recovery and to you fans at lc-m (NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR KIDS) your day will come

;D

when coach hooks says his way or the highway, it's a great thing. but when coach moody does it, he's a butthole and most people just take the highway. there's apparently the pretense that we're supposed to always like the coach's way.

and i don't know where you're getting the thing about playing favorites. i've seen him do things for the least of his players as well as the starters. i mean i'll even admit that he says some things about life that we all need to hear, i just don't see those kids listening.

his way or the highway... it's a good idea until people pick the latter.

when coach hooks says his way or the highway, it's a great thing. but when coach moody does it, he's a butthole and most people just take the highway. there's apparently the pretense that we're supposed to always like the coach's way.

and i don't know where you're getting the thing about playing favorites. i've seen him do things for the least of his players as well as the starters. i mean i'll even admit that he says some things about life that we all need to hear, i just don't see those kids listening.

That's a good point, Hooks has been here for 28 years and people know what to expect. I've always felt that the LCM community will have to give themselves, body AND mind to a coach before they will ever get one they feel is worth his salt. I'm not saying that Moody could have been that coach. By his actions last week, I have to feel he probably isn't. However, that program will never be where it needs to be if the parents and community don't relinquish some control. JMO

Well since everyone else is sharing their thoughts on Moody, I figured I would give mine.  I feel what it boils down to is Moody is not from here.  He doesn't know southeast Texas football nor does he know how much football means to LCM fans.  He is an outsider and the LCM school board should have never hired an outsider.  There were plenty of qualified candidates from this area that could have brought some pride back to LCM football.  I seriously don't think Moody knows how to lead those boys and/or how to be an effective athletic director.  Bottom line is he needs to go before every player quits and every good coach left leaves.  My hearts go out to the kids though who have to suffer from all of this, especially the seniors.  I will continue to go to the games to support the kids, because they are what its all about.

Nothing will change until all of the student athletes decide they are going to change it for themselves, take pride in turning the program around, the kids that are playing football are giving it everything they have and I applaud them but there is at least 20 plus amazing athletes with size and ability that have been convinced to play only 1 sport wheather it be Basketball or Baseball or something else. They decide to focus on trying to better themselves for college, not a bad thing but when it is over the regrets begin and I have heard them from many including my own who skipped his Jr. year but went back. Just one time I want to see all of these athletes get together and play football because they would be a better team, WOS does not have one strong athlete that is not playing football......it's just the way it is.

Again just my opinion and it means nothing.

Nothing will change until all of the student athletes decide they are going to change it for themselves, take pride in turning the program around, the kids that are playing football are giving it everything they have and I applaud them but there is at least 20 plus amazing athletes with size and ability that have been convinced to play only 1 sport wheather it be Basketball or Baseball or something else. They decide to focus on trying to better themselves for college, not a bad thing but when it is over the regrets begin and I have heard them from many including my own who skipped his Jr. year but went back. Just one time I want to see all of these athletes get together and play football because they would be a better team, WOS does not have one strong athlete that is not playing football......it's just the way it is.

Again just my opinion and it means nothing.

You are exactly right and if all those atheletes would play football the coaches of the other sports would not be able to use the tactics of if you dont play a certain sport year round you will get behind therefore wont be able to play for me. Over the years I've seen many different kids play 2 or 3 sports and excell. They need to get the mind set of the smaller schools that the atheletes play all sports. ( coaches too)jmo

Doesn't matter what school you are talking about. I know Texas is a football first state in high school. What I see is that trend is slowly changing at most of the bigger schools. Lets just take baseball for an example. If I was a parent of a player that i paid for extra instruction or select ball... I would hate to see him get hurt playin football and waste all the time , effort, and money that was spent. You can take baseball out of that sentence and type in the sport of your choice. I guess Kendrick Perkins should have played tightend for Ozen back in the day and risk getting hurt and forget all the bucks he is making in the NBA. You never know what young player in our area will grow and become a much better player than expected and get a scholarship or maybe the slim chance to get to play pro ball for a living.

I agree with you 77,  LCM does a lot of pulling athletes toward one sport and doesn't want them to play more than one.  That is crazy.  I think that when you get athletes who have the ability to do it all, let them, it will only make your whole program better.  Let the kids decide if they want to specialize in one sport, quit letting the coaches decide.  There is to much of that going on within the LCM athletic program and it needs to stop before we lose all our athletes to other school where they can do that.  They are only kids once and besides not all athletes that specializes in one sport will go on to play it in college, so why are they being told to choose.

I have to disagree, LCM has loads of talented kids.  Most are not playing football, unfortunately.  West Orange Stark doesn't have anymore talent than  anyone else.  What they do different is take the average kids and make them above average and surround the talent with above average kids.  Most schools just rely on the talent and fail to develop the not so talented.  The WOS coaches deserve a lot of credit for what happens there.

dude who are you trying to kid...above average...OMG....your saying that all those NFL players and college players that come out of WOS each year are above average kids and not talented...and i bet you have a bridge in the desert to sell cheap

That's a good point, Hooks has been here for 28 years and people know what to expect. I've always felt that the LCM community will have to give themselves, body AND mind to a coach before they will ever get one they feel is worth his salt. I'm not saying that Moody could have been that coach. By his actions last week, I have to feel he probably isn't. However, that program will never be where it needs to be if the parents and community don't relinquish some control. JMO

That takes some time Gas.  It goes with the saying that respect is earned not given.  Not everyone was on board with Neumann in the beginning either, and some still aren't.  But getting back to the playoffs in the first year went a long way to getting to that point.  My point is that Moody will have to earn the respect of the players first, have some sucess and then the parents will follow.

let me get this straight.....you are putting the blame on Coach Griffith for LC M's football woes...I don't think Coach Moody sees it that way since he was coaching freshman football and is still helping freshman football...surely if other coaches (Griffith, Harley, Wedel) were trying to pull athletes out of football Coach Moody would get them as far away from football as possible...just my opinion

That is not what I meant. I know Griff very well and know that he pushes for his baseball players to play baseball year round.  I don't have a problem with that and know that he has had baseball players, play football, basketball, soccer and track.  I just don't think the pressure to choose should be there, let the kids make that decision.

High School athletics is not a "minor league organization" for college................Some of you have lost the point of it all.

Well put and the majority of these high schoolers are not going anywhere to play after high school no matter how bad daddy wants it.

sportsfreak 2008, Bears, and 77:

IMO you guys are way off base.  I have heard for years from outsiders the excuse of "kids not playing more than one sport and why" at our school.  It just doesn't carry water.  I know it is poplular to say for people who are looking to point fingers.  I know you all have had sons, daughters, and siblings go through LCM in the last 10 years so you are somewhat close to the situation. So for that reason I respect your opinion.  You probably have a better vantage point than I do.  However, despite you all and others throwing acusations around I have never heard a specific example of these things happening since a certain basketball coach left years and years ago.  Newcastle made a good point the (head/assistant baseball coaches, the head/assistant soccer coaches and the asstant basketball coaches all coach football). It would seem coach moody at least, thinks all of these guys are good for his football program.

My opinion.  I saw an LCM team last night that "seemed" to have soph. all over the field most of whom play other sports (a good sign for the whole program).  And Bears you made the statement "WOS doesn't have one strong athlete who is not playing football."  True and they are a terrific football program speed, speed and more speed.  But speaking of kids forced to focus on just one sport.  What is the state of Basketball, Baseball and Soccer programs and WOS.  Question is for Bears only. Not trying to start anything with WOS people please.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833