LC-M FOOTBALL PROGRAM

skipper

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though the kids swolled it,hook line and sinker,Moody made lcm the laughing stock of southeast tx. with the BOJO thingy.

he is the only one chanting bojo  most of the kids laugh about it

They might laugh,but they chant it from the stands the times I have been there.

Man, ya'll are hard on that guy! I dont agree with what he did, but cut the guy a little slack. He's doing the best he can with the talent he has to work with. Let's face it, most of the talent in Orange county goes to WO-S.

I think the talent is there.LCM is just not a football school because they have not had a great deal of success.IMO there is talent but they want come out for football.

I know that coaching and the type of program have a lot to do with the success of any school.You put all this togather and it will equal failure.

Look at schools like PNG,NED,WO-S,WB,BC,Newton and others.They don't stay on top for ever but they don't stay down for long either.All these schools have something in common...Winning!!! Why?They have the right work ethic instilled in their kids...all the kids not just a handful.

I remember years back when it all came togather for LCM and they had a great playoff run...three or four rounds deep.I thought that would light a fire for the future but it just fizzled out.

I did not say that they don't have talent.  I said they don't have that muchmore talent than everybody else.  They simply work harder to develop the less talented kids that surround the talent that they do have, which makes them a much better football team than most.  I have seen it first hand.

::)  Keep telling yourself that.  Thats like saying LSU doesn't have that much more talent than Tulane.

Man, ya'll are hard on that guy! I dont agree with what he did, but cut the guy a little slack. He's doing the best he can with the talent he has to work with. Let's face it, most of the talent in Orange county goes to WO-S.

I think the talent is there.LCM is just not a football school because they have not had a great deal of success.IMO there is talent but they want come out for football.

I know that coaching and the type of program have a lot to do with the success of any school.You put all this togather and it will equal failure.

Look at schools like PNG,NED,WO-S,WB,BC,Newton and others.They don't stay on top for ever but they don't stay down for long either.All these schools have something in common...Winning!!! Why?They have the right work ethic instilled in their kids...all the kids not just a handful.

I remember years back when it all came togather for LCM and they had a great playoff run...three or four rounds deep.I thought that would light a fire for the future but it just fizzled out.

There is a lot of untaped talent on the team now that Moody doesn't use because he wont give them the chance. He has players that give it their all and do everything he ask. All he does is play his favorites.  I have seen coaches that have almost no talent win more games because the coach knew how to work with the kids and they wanted to work for him. Time and time again I have watched Moody get on a kid that gets 1/10th the practice time doing the wrong thing 1 time. While a starter is doing the exact same thing almost every play, but that kid starts and both are the same size, have the same speed and have the same talent. A coach has to develop all the players so they can all be their if needed. If all but the last string player goes down how will that player be able to help the team if the coach hasn't done his job. The player will get yelled at for not know the play when he knows the plays on paper just never practiced them.  He has told the kids that do what he ask they would play more. I know someone is going to say the best should start. The only problem with that is sometimes the better player is not the one starting because he doesn't get the practice the other players get. The ones that are starting are Moody's pets.

I did not say that they don't have talent.  I said they don't have that muchmore talent than everybody else.  They simply work harder to develop the less talented kids that surround the talent that they do have, which makes them a much better football team than most.  I have seen it first hand.

::)  Keep telling yourself that.  Thats like saying LSU doesn't have that much more talent than Tulane.

There is no way you can compare College to Highschool.  If you try to sell many places you will get laughed at :D :D :D

There is a lot of untaped talent on the team now that Moody doesn't use because he wont give them the chance. He has players that give it their all and do everything he ask. All he does is play his favorites.  I have seen coaches that have almost no talent win more games because the coach knew how to work with the kids and they wanted to work for him. Time and time again I have watched Moody get on a kid that gets 1/10th the practice time doing the wrong thing 1 time. While a starter is doing the exact same thing almost every play, but that kid starts and both are the same size, have the same speed and have the same talent. A coach has to develop all the players so they can all be their if needed. If all but the last string player goes down how will that player be able to help the team if the coach hasn't done his job. The player will get yelled at for not know the play when he knows the plays on paper just never practiced them.  He has told the kids that do what he ask they would play more. I know someone is going to say the best should start. The only problem with that is sometimes the better player is not the one starting because he doesn't get the practice the other players get. The ones that are starting are Moody's pets.

What I noticed last year was that he had his starters set from day one and no matter how they performed or( did'nt in this case )had no bearing on how much they played, has you know they were 1-9 on the season but he would never vary on who played no matter the score or the game at some point you have to challenge your better players to step it up whether it is pulling them for a series to get thier attention or take them from the starting line up. They knew that there was no chance of losing thier job. At any level you must do this to get the best from your players. As for the pet thing I dont think he mistreats any kids he just does'nt challenge them to be better. jmo

Moody does play favorites he did it last year.  It is sad that everyone in the stands knew that he played favorites.  The same players got the ball on every play and he ran the same play everytime up the middle.  The bears had alot of talent on their team last year but Moody didn't know what to do with it.  I honestly believe Dan Hooks could go into LCM and turn that football program around with the players that are there.  The boys are the ones that suffer because Moody does not know what he is doing.  You would have thought that our school board would have realize that last year and got rid of him.  I was told that alot of the boys that played football in the past did not go out for it this year simply because they did not want to play under Moody again which is sad.  I honestly hope our school board is listening to the parents and seeing what is going on and they do not renew this man contract for another season. 

Guest bleed orange

Moody does play favorites he did it last year.  It is sad that everyone in the stands knew that he played favorites.  The same players got the ball on every play and he ran the same play everytime up the middle.  The bears had alot of talent on their team last year but Moody didn't know what to do with it.  I honestly believe Dan Hooks could go into LCM and turn that football program around with the players that are there.  The boys are the ones that suffer because Moody does not know what he is doing.  You would have thought that our school board would have realize that last year and got rid of him.  I was told that alot of the boys that played football in the past did not go out for it this year simply because they did not want to play under Moody again which is sad.  I honestly hope our school board is listening to the parents and seeing what is going on and they do not renew this man contract for another season. 

I believe also that Dan Hooks could turn around the football program at LCM. That is "IF" the parents would allow it. That's a big "IF". Coaches Hooks has been coaching the same way for thirty years. Its his way or the highway. That is why he is still at WOS.

I believe also that Dan Hooks could turn around the football program at LCM. That is "IF" the parents would allow it. That's a big "IF". Coaches Hooks has been coaching the same way for thirty years. Its his way are the highway. That is why he is still at WOS.

I believe you are correct he needs to enforce discipline on all players across the board no matter how good or bad of a player they are. Which he did not do last year.

i  know of about 10 or 15 kids that have played football all there life that REFUSE to play football for moody. i think there is potential for a better team, but they just dont want to play for him. im not sayin that there is enough talent to go to playoffs everyyear or anything, but they could be a better team then what they are.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline