*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tues afternoon.

Well until Wednesday morning, I'm not going to believe any model I see... Lol, and that is no offense to you guys, without you Coop and everyone else who keeps us updated on here, imagine how much crap we'd be in? I've actually learned some stuff about the weather by regularly paying attention to everything you say, and not going to lie, it's really interesting stuff...

Well until Wednesday morning, I'm not going to believe any model I see... Lol, and that is no offense to you guys,.........

Good idea. Forecasting hurricane landfall more than 48 hours out (or even then) is a guess. The predictions are interesting and cause a lot of conversations but they are unreliable at best. The good thing about the predictions is that it keeps people's minds on the fact that unpredictable storms are out there. Other than that........

Guest WeedBegone

:o

I'm most likely going to regret saying what I just said, lol...

LOL--nah--your just proving why you need to be in school.  Based on your previous post--there is still some educating left in you.  LOLTIWMP

Ike will be moving into the Gulf tonight and should gradually intensify over the next few days.  The good news for our area is that the ridge of high pressure to the north of Ike looks likely to remain strong and force Ike to move toward the Brownsville-Corpus Christi areas Friday and Saturday.  If landfall is that far to our southwest, there will certainly be no need to evacuate and the impact in our area should just be some rain and a few wind gusts.

This is not certain yet as this storm has been rather difficult to forecast so we will need to continue to closely watch Ike's progress.

Greg Bostwick

Chief Meteorologist

KFDM-TV

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder