*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emergency Officials Will Hold Conference Call to Discuss Hurricane Ike

Southeast Texas Emergency Management Press Release: Officials from Hardin, Orange and Jefferson Counties will participate in a 4:00 p.m. conference call with the State of Texas and the National Weather Service to discuss Hurricane Ike. Officials will continue to monitor the track of the storm and prepare plans should our area become a designated target. 

This a prime opportunity for those persons who have not previously registered with 211 to do so now.  211 registration is a database for citizens with medical or physical special needs who will need transportation to a safe shelter should a storm strike.  Also, those citizens who simply do not have a ride or the financial means to evacuate on their own can also register for transportation. 

Citizens are encouraged to make their own arrangements to take family or friends to safety in the comfort of their own private auto if they have the means to do so.  This includes those loved ones who are in a nursing home, assisted living facility or those who are homebound. 

Officials will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

Guest baseball25

guys its going to be a close call but untill it gets into the gulf who knows what its going to do ....the models have shifted to texas but cuba has high mountains so lets see what ike does when he goes through the mountains..

Hey Coop,

Which one of those models was correct from Gustav.

Once gustav got into the gulf, the track on storm pulse was pretty close.

Still way to early, we got to wait till IKE gets into the gulf....

Coop....

I understand that there are two high pressures (one over Texas and one over the SE USA), like there was during Gustav and that the storm will usually track between the two...

There are a few models on storm pulse that keep the storm moving due west.

What scenario with the two highs would make that happen?

Don't know if any of you have been to the border lately, but gosh is the Rio Grand low.

Don't won't to wish the hurricane on anybody, but they sure could use the rain down that way.

There's actually a Trough digging down through the Central U.S. along with a weak front. This trough is the key. If it picks it up then it will turn it north. If not then a high builds in from the east and pushes IKE west. GFDL model turns it north toward Homua again while the GFS has cameron. The European model has Brownsville. The bottom line is we'll know more once it's off Cuba.

You know what's funny? I was in the press box last night at Durley and a couple of other press guys started talking about Ike. I told them that I didn't think Ike was really gonna be that much of a problem for the Bruins as long as we got through Westfield without any injuries. Of course, they were talking about the storm and I was talking about Aldine Eisenhower-West Brook's opponent in two weeks. I had not heard the latest about this hurricane. Boy was I suprised. The last time I heard anything about it, it was heading up the Eastern seaboard. See what happens when the cooler weather gets here and it's football time. I forget about everything else! :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder