*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why I always say, computer models are inaccurate at best and a downright joke the rest of the time. They are only good for about four hours. After that, the weather conditions that they depended on have changed and so will the models. They are interesting and kind of like debating football and which team is the best. Anything more than a couple of days out is just like tossing dice. Heck, two days before Rita hit, we weren't even going to evacuate.

This storm is just as likely to hit the Florida panhandle or the Yucatan. The models from six days ago said the north Atlantic. Then it was toward the east coast and then the east coast of Florida. Next it was going to barely round the Keys and then head toward Tampa Bay or maybe toward Pennsacola. Oops, it is going toward Missisippi... but wait, now it is heading toward NOLA again. Until of course, the latest map which shows the upper Texas coast.

Nope, I don't think anyone can call this one with any reasonable accuracy at this point. A good guess might pan out but that is all it will be. The way they keep pushing the track south and westerly, it may not even hit the US mainland. I don't believe that but so far, none of the early predictions have come close to being correct.

Guest baseball25

Its going to be a very close call.......the last three runs for the models haven't shifted to much.....Today models runs will be very interesting today...they come out at 2 and 8 and euro around 3. The gfdl has done descent this year and did pretty good with gustav and was about 80 miles off and the hwrf did good the last 2 days....so we shall see....

Coop-

Guess it looks like I need to clean my guest room for my parents in Vidor, huh?  They camped out here for a week when Rita hit.  What is up the last few years with all of the hurricanes?  I grew up in Lumberton and the time I lived in SE Texas we only had to evacuate 2 times!!!  I feel for you guys!!!

Coop-

Guess it looks like I need to clean my guest room for my parents in Vidor, huh?  They camped out here for a week when Rita hit.  What is up the last few years with all of the hurricanes?  I grew up in Lumberton and the time I lived in SE Texas we only had to evacuate 2 times!!!  I feel for you guys!!!

We seem to be the magnet now!! >:(

Guest tchawks99

what's bad is that people are just coming off bad experiences of evacuating..not to mention dropping some money while being gone and now they are about to do it again.I wonder how many will stay in stead of go this time?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012

• Meh.. Everyone knows this. The kid that got injured wasn't lifting weights. Supposedly he was hit with a helmet in his elbow. In my opinion the kid shouldn't have been put in that situation. AD should've told the Varsity baseball players to sit that one out. I have no issues with the lifting or conditioning. However, anytime helmets/pads are on there is a higher risk of injury. This AD showed a total lack of respect for HIS baseball program. 
    • Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
    • 5A Bi-District Baseball: Friendswood vs. Nederland -Game 1: Thursday (May 2): 6:30pm -Game 2: Friday (May 3): 6:30pm -Game 3 (If Needed): Saturday (May 4): 12pm *All games at Goose Creek Memorial HS*
    • Baseball mafia can cry all they want but when the talent isn’t there it ain’t there lol
    • It's only a matter of time before the baseball mafia starts greasing the tracks to run Crumedy out of town. It'll be a dang shame too, but mark my words. 
  • Topics