If Jasper is looking for a game next week.....

Since Jasper will now be off this week and they need to fill their original open date which is next week Sept. 12 I do believe there is a team over by houston that has 2 open dates that might work....... ;D May want to check into it.

Dayton Broncos

Aug. 29 Bay City

Sept. 5 @ Friendswood

Sept. 12 OPEN

Sept. 19 Kingwood Park*

Sept. 26 @ Goose Creek Memorial*

Oct. 3 North Forest*

Oct. 10 Crosby*

Oct. 17 @ Barbers Hill*

Oct. 24 Galena Park*

Oct. 31 @ C.E. King*

Nov. 7 OPEN

Jasper Bulldogs

Aug. 28 Gilmer at Tyler's Rose Stadium (Thur.)

Sept. 5 Kirbyville

Sept. 12 OPEN

Sept. 19 @ West Orange-Stark

Sept. 26 Hamshire-Fannett

Oct. 3 @ Silsbee

Oct. 10 @ Diboll*

Oct. 17 Huntington*

Oct. 24 @ Carthage*

Oct. 31 Rusk*

Nov. 7 @ Center*

Since Jasper will now be off this week and they need to fill their original open date which is next week Sept. 12 I do believe there is a team over by houston that has 2 open dates that might work....... ;D May want to check into it.

Dayton Broncos

Aug. 29 Bay City

Sept. 5 @ Friendswood

Sept. 12 OPEN

Sept. 19 Kingwood Park*

Oct. 3 North Forest*

Oct. 10 Crosby*

Oct. 17 @ Barbers Hill*

Oct. 24 Galena Park*

Oct. 31 @ C.E. King*

Nov. 7 OPEN

Jasper Bulldogs

Sept. 5 Kirbyville

Sept. 12 OPEN

Oct. 3 @ Silsbee

Oct. 10 @ Diboll*

Oct. 17 Huntington*

Oct. 24 @ Carthage*

Oct. 31 Rusk*

Nov. 7 @ Center*

That would be interesting, but I don't think Jasper would want any part of Dayton. If Gilmer can hang 56 on the Dawgs, Dayton would hang at least 63.

Dayton Broncos

Aug. 29 Bay City

Sept. 5 @ Friendswood

Sept. 12 OPEN

Sept. 19 Kingwood Park*

Oct. 3 North Forest*

Oct. 10 Crosby*

Oct. 17 @ Barbers Hill*

Oct. 24 Galena Park*

Oct. 31 @ C.E. King*

Nov. 7 OPEN

Jasper Bulldogs

Sept. 5 Kirbyville

Sept. 12 OPEN

Oct. 3 @ Silsbee

Oct. 10 @ Diboll*

Oct. 17 Huntington*

Oct. 24 @ Carthage*

Oct. 31 Rusk*

Nov. 7 @ Center*

Good observation on your part bobcatfan4life.  The question i have is, if they Jasper did do that and decided to play Dayton, why wouldnt they just play their originally scheduled game against Kirbyville?  Wasnt it Jasper that cancelled the game?  It would seem to me if they could play Dayton, then they should be able to play Kirbyville also.  Just my 2 cents, but i think this cancellation was way too premature (and stupid).  Today is only monday, a lot can happen between now and then.  Not to mention they couldve waited and pushed the game back to saturday possibly.  Is it too late for them to try to play this game?  Would it be possible for them to reschedule the game for saturday or even the following monday? 

Guest bballdude

Dayton Broncos

Aug. 29 Bay City

Sept. 5 @ Friendswood

Sept. 12 OPEN

Sept. 19 Kingwood Park*

Oct. 3 North Forest*

Oct. 10 Crosby*

Oct. 17 @ Barbers Hill*

Oct. 24 Galena Park*

Oct. 31 @ C.E. King*

Nov. 7 OPEN

Jasper Bulldogs

Sept. 5 Kirbyville

Sept. 12 OPEN

Oct. 3 @ Silsbee

Oct. 10 @ Diboll*

Oct. 17 Huntington*

Oct. 24 @ Carthage*

Oct. 31 Rusk*

Nov. 7 @ Center*

Good observation on your part bobcatfan4life.  The question i have is, if they Jasper did do that and decided to play Dayton, why wouldnt they just play their originally scheduled game against Kirbyville?  Wasnt it Jasper that cancelled the game?  It would seem to me if they could play Dayton, then they should be able to play Kirbyville also.  Just my 2 cents, but i think this cancellation was way too premature (and stupid).  Today is only monday, a lot can happen between now and then.  Not to mention they couldve waited and pushed the game back to saturday possibly.  Is it too late for them to try to play this game?  Would it be possible for them to reschedule the game for saturday or even the following monday? 

Sir or mam please know facts before you call an idea premature or stupid. The game was not cancelled by jasper, it was a mutual agreement. With athletes being scattered all around texas and possibly even out of state, The schools probably did not want them rushing back to practices and school in possible wet and dangerous conditions, and as for pushing games back this game is not a district game so there is no need to affect the practice schedule for the next weeks game. The logical thing to do was to cancel the game.

Thank you, have a nice day.

Dayton Broncos

Aug. 29 Bay City

Sept. 5 @ Friendswood

Sept. 12 OPEN

Sept. 19 Kingwood Park*

Oct. 3 North Forest*

Oct. 10 Crosby*

Oct. 17 @ Barbers Hill*

Oct. 24 Galena Park*

Oct. 31 @ C.E. King*

Nov. 7 OPEN

Jasper Bulldogs

Sept. 5 Kirbyville

Sept. 12 OPEN

Oct. 3 @ Silsbee

Oct. 10 @ Diboll*

Oct. 17 Huntington*

Oct. 24 @ Carthage*

Oct. 31 Rusk*

Nov. 7 @ Center*

The point I think you are missing here beeninnikes is that Jasper could play Dayton on the 12th, but could not play Kirbyville on the 12th because Kirbyville plays WOS that night. Dayton and Jasper are both off that week. Jasper and Kirbyville decided to cancel this game because of obvious reasons. Dayton has two off weeks this year because of Smiley and Forest Brook combining as one school. This would enable both teams to have 10 regular season games instead of 9. Kirbyville would be left with just 9 unless they find someone in the same position and same off week as them.

Guest tigersvoice

Dayton Broncos

Aug. 29 Bay City

Sept. 5 @ Friendswood

Sept. 12 OPEN

Sept. 19 Kingwood Park*

Oct. 3 North Forest*

Oct. 10 Crosby*

Oct. 17 @ Barbers Hill*

Oct. 24 Galena Park*

Oct. 31 @ C.E. King*

Nov. 7 OPEN

Jasper Bulldogs

Sept. 5 Kirbyville

Sept. 12 OPEN

Oct. 3 @ Silsbee

Oct. 10 @ Diboll*

Oct. 17 Huntington*

Oct. 24 @ Carthage*

Oct. 31 Rusk*

Nov. 7 @ Center*

Sir or mam please know facts before you call an idea premature or stupid. The game was not cancelled by jasper, it was a mutual agreement. With athletes being scattered all around texas and possibly even out of state, The schools probably did not want them rushing back to practices and school in possible wet and dangerous conditions, and as for pushing games back this game is not a district game so there is no need to affect the practice schedule for the next weeks game. The logical thing to do was to cancel the game.

Thank you, have a nice day.

No, I don't agree.  What other teams have cancelled games for this week?  Any?  Way too premature on the cancellation.

Thanks for pointing that out to me Aggiesarewe.  I agree that will be a good idea if this game is not played for week 1.  bballdude, do you want proof that they overreacted?  They are already letting people come back home.  School could probably start back tomorrow if they wanted to(even though it probably wont).  Most everyone should be back in town by wednesday at the latest now.  They couldve pushed the game back to saturday to allow for practice time and easily get this game in.  Another reason this was premature is that i havent heard of anyone else already cancelling because they are taking a "wait and see" approach to it which is smart.  The fact that they mutually agreed to it is irrelevant, it just proves that 2 parties made a bad decision...

I'm not going to speculate on the reasons the game was cancelled. I'm sure both coaches had valid points that we are currently not privy to. HOWEVER, I absolutely LOVE the idea of playing Dayton. Remember, Jasper used to be in the district with Dayton and we could renew an old rivalry. The reason to play a tough pre-season is to get the kids AND coaches prepared for district and hopefully the playoffs. The only risk you run is the team losing confidence. But, I don't see Coach Brooks letting that happen. Bring it on...!

Guest bballdude

beeninnikes, The point is here that they were being safe, and you can agree or disagree with precaution and safety but I think that it was the right decision not to have people maybe rushing back for school and practice tommorow from example arkansas.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu