All District

MVP-Brent Waldrup(Lumberton)

Keeper of the Year-Ethan Mckay(LCM)

Defensive MVP-Scott Poole(started to play a lot of offense at the end of the year) or could go to any one probably someone from Nederland or LCM(maybe Colt Arteaga he was a huge asset and got first team last year as a sophomore)

Newcomer of the Year- Bay Callaway( I think that is the Nederland Kid with the fro) or LCM had two freshmen who started every game(Garrett Bonneaux and Vance Foster)

Offensive MVP- could be Craig Leger(LCM) maybe Fernando Uribe(I think every time Central scored it was him) and yes Mark Brackin(but he was overshadowed by Brent and I didn't see his name much for goals, yet on another team he could have been a huge player)

Utility MVP- Tim Reynolds(Vidor)

This is by far my least favorite time of year and my least favorite aspect of coaching.  Soccer is such a team sport and to single out individuals... I don't know, I just don't like to do it.  No matter who is named, there's going to be a handful of kids left off. 

Case in point:  The list above by namen5 is a very good list, but where is Scott Poole?  That kid is a beast anywhere you put him.  Brakin could have scored 50 goals had he been on another team, too.  Little Greenway might have scored a billion goals in another system.  Big Zim at PNG is as good as anyone on my squad.  There were guys on my bench and on my JV who could have led other teams in scoring had they played for someone else.

I know it's gotta be done, but I hate it.

This is by far my least favorite time of year and my least favorite aspect of coaching.  Soccer is such a team sport and to single out individuals... I don't know, I just don't like to do it.  No matter who is named, there's going to be a handful of kids left off. 

Case in point:  The list above by namen5 is a very good list, but where is Scott Poole?  That kid is a beast anywhere you put him.  Brakin could have scored 50 goals had he been on another team, too.  Little Greenway might have scored a billion goals in another system.  Big Zim at PNG is as good as anyone on my squad.  There were guys on my bench and on my JV who could have led other teams in scoring had they played for someone else.

I know it's gotta be done, but I hate it.

Case Solved :

Get rosters from each team - Divide by position - There is your all district team. Name 20 to the first team -  20 to the second team - 20 to the third team and all the rest are honorable mention. (Just like in the past)

OK before everybody gets crazy I'm only kidding but how about making it a true honor, and not an "everybody gets a trophy at the end of the year pizza party"

11 to 15 1st teamers (including Offensive MVP type awards.)

11 2nd teamers

11 honorable mentions

Peace

Dav -- that idea has merit but it is extremely hard to acheive in a 10 team district

True. But I'm still old - school. From the 70's when only the winner went to bi-district..and All District meant maybe a little bit more. Oh Well..........

But since we still have a horse in the race -- Go Lumberton.

Okay now that you all have had your same discussion that you had earlier this year and we know what you all dont like about them... i was actually hoping to hear what the players view on the subject would be.  lets hear from the players...  are fans that are knowledgable and not bias .. so no soccermom cant pick her son haha.. and neither can princess.. let others pick your kids because i am pretty sure they will get some pick...  cuz they are good.

Okay now that you all have had your same discussion that you had earlier this year and we know what you all dont like about them... i was actually hoping to hear what the players view on the subject would be.   lets hear from the players...  are fans that are knowledgable and not bias .. so no soccermom cant pick her son haha.. and neither can princess.. let others pick your kids because i am pretty sure they will get some pick...  cuz they are good.

Surely you as a coach realizes that a team is STILL COMPETING. Perhaps wait until the end of the season. What ya think?

Defensive MVP-Scott Poole(started to play a lot of offense at the end of the year) or could go to any one probably someone from Nederland or LCM(maybe Colt Arteaga he was a huge asset and got first team last year as a sophomore)

Newcomer of the Year- Bay Callaway( I think that is the Nederland Kid with the fro) or LCM had two freshmen who started every game(Garrett Bonneaux and Vance Foster)

Offensive MVP- could be Craig Leger(LCM) maybe Fernando Uribe(I think every time Central scored it was him) and yes Mark Brackin(but he was overshadowed by Brent and I didn't see his name much for goals, yet on another team he could have been a huge player)

WAT ABOUT OZENS DEFENSIVE SWEEPER AND FULLBACKS THEY DID PRETTY GOOD THIS YEAR...

WAT ABOUT OZENS DEFENSIVE SWEEPER AND FULLBACKS THEY DID PRETTY GOOD THIS YEAR...

They were good but not MVP's

Mvp- Brent Waldrup

Keeper of the year- Ethan Mckay

Defensive Mvp- Scott Poole

Newcomer of the Year- Is going to be a difficult choice between numbers 13 and 21 for nederland.

Offensive Mvp- Craig Leger or Frenando Uribe

Utility Mvp- Tim Reynolds.

It's basically the same as all the others.

Don't underestimate the impact that the Baby Bears, Bonneaux and Foster, made on LCM's big turnaround this season.  They went from four wins last season to 3rd place in district.  The main new ingrediant:  The Baby Bears.

Bonneaux and Foster played in the mid-field for the Bears most of the season and effected both the offense and the defense for LCM.

The Baby Bears are babes no more, they are playas !! BALLIN'!

Guest princess

Yeah!  I like it.....THE BABY BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't underestimate the impact that the Baby Bears, Bonneaux and Foster, made on LCM's big turnaround this season.  They went from four wins last season to 3rd place in district.  The main new ingrediant:  The Baby Bears.

Bonneaux and Foster played in the mid-field for the Bears most of the season and effected both the offense and the defense for LCM.

The Baby Bears are babes no more, they are playas !! BALLIN'!

Hey, "The Truths" The "Baby Bears" Weren't the only thing different from last year, Although they were very good and did a lot for  The Bears. The main ingredient missing from last year was the Bears Starting Keeper Ethan McKay. Also we added a new mid fielder/Defender Darrell Lawrence, who helped just as much as the "Baby Bears".

Mvp- Brent Waldrup

Keeper of the year- Caleb Schexnider of lumberton or Ethan Mckay of lcm they impressed me when we played em

Defensive Mvp- Ima have to say one of the backs from lcm

Newcomer of the Year- Bay Calloway

Offensive Mvp- Frenando Uribe.. he had pinpoint accuracy.. just had a little temper

Utility Mvp- Scott Poole if hes the one im thinkin from lumberton.. he could play anywhere

Mvp- Brent Waldrup

Keeper of the year- Caleb Schexnider of lumberton or Ethan Mckay of lcm they impressed me when we played em

Defensive Mvp- Ima have to say one of the backs from lcm

Newcomer of the Year- Bay Calloway

Offensive Mvp- Frenando Uribe.. he had pinpoint accuracy.. just had a little temper

Utility Mvp- Scott Poole if hes the one im thinkin from lumberton.. he could play anywhere

I think newcomer is a pretty hard choice, number 21 and 13 worked great together, i think that will be a tough choice. Lumberton's goalie was pretty good also, as well as nederland's goalie, and lcm's

Nah i think bay will get it.. and nederlands goalie was good but not as good as lumberton or lcms..  lumbertons was aggressive and lcm could block a shot.. so its gonna be tough.. i wish pittman couldve stepped up this year

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami