Nederland vs WOS Week 0!!! Your Thoughts....

Guest 87CRU79

Guest 87CRU79

The old rivalry is renewed!!!

WOS has gotten the best of Nederland the last two meetings between these teams, but Nederland had WOS' number the three contests before those two.

What are yall's thoughts on this years match up???

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drove thru nederland the other day and saw the scoreboard.  it is HUGE!!!  the scoreboard is so big that it makes the stadium look small.  i was very impressed.   8)

Thats why we need to replace the stadium!!  ;D

Guest 87CRU79

Nederland has a lot of talent coming off of last years team:

Offense

QB - (3) Kirby Bellow, Jr

WR - (21) Asa Cardenas, Sr

WR - (7) Ryan Brady, Jr

WR - (4) Brandon Salenga, So

OL - (56) Trey Terracina, Sr

OL - (54) Stefan Huber, Sr

Defense

DL - (2) Wareall Grogan, Sr

LB - (40) Grant Lovelady, Jr

LB - 8 - Jordan Landry, Sr

DB - (22) Justin Krautz, Sr

DB - (24) Jimmy Swain, Sr

DB - (25) Adrian Pina, Sr

I believe that Nederland will have a solid core of leadership returning from last year's 7-3 team. If Bellow can return to form after a standout sophomore year, he will have arguebly the best receiving core in the area. Questions loom though: Will Larry Neumann return as head coach? In year 2 AM (After Mosley), can Nederland find a consistent RB for the 2008 season? We shall see...

Offense

WR - (7) Ryan Brady, Jr

Defense

I believe that Nederland will have a solid core of leadership returning from last year's 7-3 team. If Bellow can return to form after a standout sophomore year, he will have arguebly the best receiving core in the area. Questions loom though: Will Larry Neumann return as head coach? In year 2 AM (After Mosley), can Nederland find a consistent RB for the 2008 season? We shall see...

Even if Neumann returns(and he will, Suggs gets the job @LM), there's still Spell running that swiss cheese D which gave up 40+ points the last 3 games on avg., on that big pretty score board.  Matter of fact, I heard after Dayton got done, it was leaning to the right lol

Offense

WR - (7) Ryan Brady, Jr

Defense

Even if Neumann returns(and he will, Suggs gets the job @LM), there's still Spell running that swiss cheese D which gave up 40+ points the last 3 games on avg., on that big pretty score board.  Matter of fact, I heard after Dayton got done, it was leaning to the right lol

wow you are a funny guy, again what team do you support?

Guest Penny

SFA85, who coached the defenses that dominated Bay City in the 00 Regional Final, shutdown both of the McCown led Jacksonville offenses, stopped the unstoppable Friendswood offense in the Regional Final of 01... I could go on.

You have a short memory... or you don't know jack freakin xxit about high school football... where coaches don't get to recruit players.  Has Nederland been soft on Defense... heck yeah, no joke, tell folks something they don't know.  To blame it on a coach who has been one of the great defensive minds in the area... give me a break... you embarrass yourself.  Go ask Cornell Thompson what he thinks of Spell and you would be FREAKIN embarrassed.  Keep talkin... Nederland will have personnel again shortly to play defense... we'll see what you have to say.  Give it about 2-3 years.

SFA85, who coached the defenses that dominated Bay City in the 00 Regional Final, shutdown both of the McCown led Jacksonville offenses, stopped the unstoppable Friendswood offense in the Regional Final of 01... I could go on.

You have a short memory... or you don't know jack freakin xxit about high school football... where coaches don't get to recruit players.  Has Nederland been soft on Defense... heck yeah, no joke, tell folks something they don't know.  To blame it on a coach who has been one of the great defensive minds in the area... give me a break... you embarrass yourself.  Go ask Cornell Thompson what he thinks of Spell and you would be FREAKIN embarrassed.  Keep talkin... Nederland will have personnel again shortly to play defense... we'll see what you have to say.  Give it about 2-3 years.

The same cat who coached those defenses is the same cat who now presides of that crab net defense @Nederland but don't get your panties in a knot Penny.  Then numbers don't lie.  Funny thing also, the more all-staters/pseudo-All americans in your defense, the worse stastically y'all have gotten.  It's no big secret on how to beat Nederland the last 6 years:  Run right down their throats.  That's a failure in coaching and preparation that starts with Nuemann.  Now, with Saint Mosely gone, y'all have gotten soft on O.  Looking like a poor-man's Lumberton of the late 90's/early 00's.  But don't be mad at me.  The proof of what I say are in the numbers......

Guest Penny

SFA, so you're telling me that Neumann all of a sudden said, hey we're going to be soft against the run, I know what worked for the past 7-8 years when we dominated on defense, but we're not going to teach that anymore??? You kill me buddy, you're like a night at the Improv.  I'm not mad at you, I'm at the games, I know why we're soft against the run.  I'm not mad at you, I feel sorry for you that you go after a guy like Larry Neumann, he is a class act.  I'm sure Suggs is as well, he's a great football coach.

• 3 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83