Ask MrUmp1 your rules question.

[quote name="crittergitter" post="1410450" timestamp="1370285093"]
[quote author=teeboan link=topic=35113.msg1410371#msg1410371 date=1370268812]
http://www.tasobeaumont.org/ They are posted on our website
[/quote]

just a quick scan i noticed not one kid from pn-g, ned or bc on the teams. i wonder why that is.
[/quote]

That's ok Neither was JonBoy Smith Vidor... a powerhouse to say the least...

[/quote]

just a quick scan i noticed not one kid from pn-g, ned or bc on the teams. i wonder why that is.
[/quote]
Either they weren't nominated by their coaches or if they were, they weren't available to play

[/quote]

[/quote]

All of the players that was nominated by their coach and is available will be on the roster to play. TASO does not exclude any player that was nominated

• 9 months later...

One question....

Bases Loaded, 1 out, infield fly situation, batter pops up foul towards the 1st base dugout, Nothing is ever said by the umpire, ball is blown back fair by a very strong wind and lands just inside fair territory, ball was not caught due to the wind...runners take off and runner is tagged at home....double play....

I understand that the runner took off at his own risk, but is it part of the umpire's mechanics to declare "infield fly, the batter is out"  or is the signal for infield fly the only real mechanic needed?

An infield fly that is clearly in the infield is called for the protection of the runner. No verbal called is required. Coaches and runners should know the situation. 

Knowing the situation is not the only answer.  Yes - no verbal is required, but why wouldn't an umpire use the verbal mechanic?  The reason I say this is, there is still a measure of judgement to an infield fly.  It is an infield fly when "in the judgement" of the umpire that the pop up can be caught with ordinary effort, he has to judge this, not the coaches and runners.  In other words, not every pop up to the infield is an infield fly.  Knowing the sitch can be easy, but wondering if the umpires judgement is the same as yours....not so easy. 

• 3 weeks later...

Coach goes out to talk with his pitcher.  He tosses a ball to his SS so he can throw to loosen up his arm.  When visit is over the SS throws ball to bench.   Allowed or Not -Allowed......     If not allowed why and by what rule.

I have never seen a specific rule. If I am behind the plate I may not let the conference go as long as I regularly would. There is also a rule, not quite sure of the number but maybe 10-6 that says an umpire has the right to rule on anything not specifically noted in the rule book.  

• 2 weeks later...
If a runner leaves early on a steal attempt, can a move be made to the base the runner is trying to steal without first disengaging the rubber. I think there is a rule that states as long as a play is being made you can do this even though the base the runner is stealing is unoccupied.

The pitcher would have to step of the back in that case. If he just spins around on the rubber it is a balk which is different from a straight pickoff throw to second. 

why would that be a balk?

ART. 4 . . . Balk. If there is a runner or runners, any of the following acts by a

pitcher while he is touching the pitcher’s plate is a balk:

a. any feinting toward the batter or first base, or any dropping of the ball

(even though accidental) and the ball does not cross a foul line (6-1-4);

b. failing to step with the non-pivot foot directly toward a base (occupied or

unoccupied) when throwing or feinting there in an attempt to put out, or

drive back a runner; or throwing or feinting to any unoccupied base when

it is not an attempt to put out or drive back a runner

why would that be a balk?

ART. 4 . . . Balk. If there is a runner or runners, any of the following acts by a

pitcher while he is touching the pitcher’s plate is a balk:

a. any feinting toward the batter or first base, or any dropping of the ball

(even though accidental) and the ball does not cross a foul line (6-1-4);

b. failing to step with the non-pivot foot directly toward a base (occupied or

unoccupied) when throwing or feinting there in an attempt to put out, or

drive back a runner; or throwing or feinting to any unoccupied base when

it is not an attempt to put out or drive back a runner

• KF89 unpinned and pinned this topic