Lumberton vs. Nederland Game Thread

KFDM COOP

i dunno about you.. but if i got decleated from behind when i didnt have the ball..id feel offended if my coach didnt argue my case..

Well...when you put it like that...your correct.  Lumberton were angels and the Nederland players only tryed to hurt the other team.  ::) 

dont rag on the lumberton players for what the coach does. i do believe nederlands coach cried the whole game about the first goal. even after the game was over, he continued to argue, like he had a better perspective on that ball than the AR, who was standing even with the goal. but that doesnt justify lumbertons coach in anyway. no one can help the way their coach acts. and i'm sure lumberton players are just as sick of it as everyone else, they hear it more. overall, great game. First half was nederlands by far. Second half was more even. Great opportunities on both sides, lumberton, however, capitolized. props to both teams. i'm also glad to see both teams players keep their composure, even with the game being a very rough one. lots of pushing and shoving from both sides, but it was good to see the players act mature and show good sportsmanship through it all.

i am sorry to say but nederland did play a pretty physical and had quite a few cheap challenges thrown in. Regardless of how high they are supposedly looking  ???, idiotic but nonetheless, they still should not have made some of the plays that they made on our players. i wont even say plays on the ball because it isnt appropriate.

Second goal was a blast and a very good shot.  And yes its hard to see but look at his feet and remember the whole ball has to cross.  Playing tied zero zero.. is different then opening up to attack to tie... and that usually leaves your back end open...  all i have to say on it...  nederland didnt score .......lumberton did.. unfortunate for the nederland guys..

Dogs blanked by 20-4A leading Lumberton 2-0

HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER

The Port Arthur News

NEDERLAND -- For the second time in a rough week, Nederland's offense fired a blank on the scoreboard.

The 20-4A boys district leader Lumberton visited Bulldog Stadium on Friday night and muzzled the Dogs attack throughout the entire 80 minutes, even though Nederland certainly needed a victory to blemish the Raiders' perfect league mark.

Lumberton claimed a 2-0 victory that obviously served as a giant step toward securing a likely district championship.

Lumberton improved to 13-4 and 13-0 under coach Chad Luttrell but had to battle through nearly 60 minutes of a scoreless tie before scoring a goal that disturbed NHS mentor Rob Bledsoe. The loss dropped the Bulldogs to 11-4-2 and 9-2-2.

A linesman ruled a legal goal had been scored when it appeared to many observers, including Bledsoe, that an offsides ruling should have been enforced.

Lumberton added insurance later in the second half on a goal that contained no controversy at all. The Raiders restarted possession and converted an attempt from the top of the 18-yard penalty box.

Bledsoe credited his defender Ian Barnett for doing an outstanding job of marking Lumberton's Mark Brackin.

The Bulldogs led in shots on goal, 9-7.

Nederland will visit Babe Zaharias Stadium on Monday at 5:30 for a game against Beaumont Central.

I agree with LSUdu MAN... the players kept it together the whole game and I dont believe anyone was dragging the players into the same boat as the coaches whine.  Your rite about Nederlands first half and lumbertons second and lumberton finishing that opportunity.  if you can look at youtube and I believe its posted as nederland and lumberton goal....  and you can see the goal that wasnt.  and the linesman was not on the goal line when he raises his flag.   no lumberton player celebrated for a goal ... until the ref stopped the game and said goal.  meaning I dont believe anyone thought the ball went in..  but none the less it was called.  I know a parent put it on youtube but i am not positive under what...  not perfect clear but you can see the nederland guys feet on the line and he cleared it in front of him. 

Here's the link if you would like to check it out.

Whenever Nederland learns how to put the ball in the net, they'll be fine.  Even though the bad guys won this one, you must admit it's fun to see a local team with some skills.  Too often that's not the case in district play.  Matter of fact, sometimes it's downright sad the quality of teams that show up.  I say all this and do not mean to downgrade the effort the young men who do love the game.  Something is missing with the black and gold.................I sure hope coach figures it out.

Shark first you dog the players from Kelly and then take the job and now your dogging the Lumberton coach? yes hes emotional but he has lost 1 district game in 2 years and his kids act right and play the game right. No wonder why Fontana said your a joke

My kingdom for a goal!  We are obviously having trouble scoring after being shut out in consecutive games.  We've seen a couple of really good defenses, but we're going to have to take advantage of our opportunities a little better if we are going to be successful.

i do believe nederlands coach cried the whole game about the first goal. even after the game was over, he continued to argue, like he had a better perspective on that ball than the AR, who was standing even with the goal.

Anyone can search my history on this site.  I don't normally get on here to respond to attacks on me, but I for some reason I feel like rebutting this statement.  First of all, how can someone cry "the whole game" about a goal that was scored midway through the second half?!  Did I time-travel and shout preemptive cries?  Next, in my mind there is a major difference in protesting ONE egregious call and yelling about EVERY SINGLE CHALLENGE.  Admittedly neither scenario is ideal, though.  Also, you can see from the Youtube clip that the AR is not on the line and he raises his flag  ???  , which is not the signal for a goal.  And finally, I'd like you to answer this:  If you thought my response was extreme, what would have been the reaction from your sideline had that call been made against them?  I stand firm and believe that the incessant badgering of that AR influenced that decision. 

All in all, the better team won.  I have abso-friggin-lutely no problem saying that.  The Lumberton players deserved that win, and I wish them good luck in the play-offs.

After watching the video again, I think I figured out why the AR raised his flag.  It looks like he loses sight of the sweeper and is signaling offside on the Lumberton player beside the shooter who, if our sweeper is not there, is in an offside position. 

That settled (I think), it's time to move on to our opponent.

It's truly too close to tell by watching that video.  I can't even see the goal line.  It does look to me that the stopper's foot does go back at a slight angle to make the "save".  Did it go back enough that the ball completely crossed the line?  Who knows.  Chalk it up as one of those tough decisions refs have to make using their best judgement.  Looks like the player at the PK is protesting by pointing at the goal after it is played out.  Wasn't someone on here complaining about whining earlier? 

I distinctly remember a goal taken away from Lumberton last year against Nederland due to somebody's incessant whining.  Sounds to me like someone is a professional whiner; putting video on you tube and posting on message boards.  Put that ridiculous foul away from the ball, where the Ned player just took that kids legs out, on you tube so we can all have a whinefest together.

And for the record, Coach Luttrell's Raiders have produced a 30-1 district record so far in two years.  I'd have to say he is certainly as much a great coach and class act as anyone else mentioned on here.  It aint the water in Lumberton!  And he certainly wouldn't come on here and talk about any body else in a negative manner either. 

"And for the record, Coach Luttrell's Raiders have produced a 30-1 district record so far in two years.  I'd have to say he is certainly as much a great coach and class act as anyone else mentioned on here.  It aint the water in Lumberton!  And he certainly wouldn't come on here and talk about any body else in a negative manner either."

i completely agree. Thats the only thing coach L talks about when stuff goes wrong. He tells us to respond instead of react, and to play with class no matter what. A few times the team, or individuals rather, stoop down to our opponents level, and everyone gets punished for it. I think its made us a better ball club. I like the way things are happening at lumberton. 

I distinctly remember a goal taken away from Lumberton last year against Nederland due to somebody's incessant whining.  Sounds to me like someone is a professional whiner; putting video on you tube and posting on message boards.  Put that ridiculous foul away from the ball, where the Ned player just took that kids legs out, on you tube so we can all have a whinefest together.

Actually, It's not Coach Bledsoe who uploaded that video, so don't jump on him for that... And he wasn't whining on her, just rightfully defending himself...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder