Who Will Be Cinderellas?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah' date=' Silsbee can't be considered a Cinderella when they are expected to be there. I just hope they can live up to the hype.[/quote']

Correct. Darkhorse and Cinderella all have roughly the same meaning in sports. Cinderella/Darkhorse is a person or team that is not given much chance to do anything but makes an unexpectedly good showing such as going to the playoffs, especially making a deep run. Playoff favorites are not Cinderella or darkhorse teams.

For example, I would think in 22-4A this year, most people would pick between PNG, Ozen, Central, Dayton and Nederland as the playoff contenders. Lumberton, LCM and Vidor would be potential Cinderella/Darkhorse teams. For someone to say that they expect Vidor to be a Cinderella team, they are picking Vidor to upset the general consensus.

Lumberton is a "monster in the making". Yes' date=' I know [b']most will refuse to believe it.

Gee, I can't figure out why. You have a school that has never made the playoffs in any division. You have a school with a new coach and I am sure his players will have to learn new plays and schemes. Lumberton will be going up against some good teams with great playoff traditions. There certainly is nothing there to make someone think that Lumberton won't become a monster in district is there?

If not this year' date=' but next lumberton will be a challenge just like PNG, Ned are every year.[/quote']

A winning season and a playoff spot or two might turn things around if they can get the right coach at the right time.

When a team with a losing history is 3-16 in the last two years, it is hard for other teams to think of them as the new challenge. It doesn't mean that you can take them lightly but that is why they are not mentioned in with other likely playoff contenders. Maybe Alvin Credeur is that right coach at the right time. He certainly has some fans pumped up and hopeful.

Nederland was 6-24 in the three years preceding Larry Neumann. In his first year, he took Nederland to the playoffs. Since taking the helm at Nederland, they are 107-45-1 with 11 playoff appearances in 13 years, including the last 10 in a row. Maybe Alvin Credeur can do the same for Lumberton. I wish him luck.

Guest bulldogbark

I think some Monsters can just pop up...for example Central the year before everybody and their brother trounced them , wooped on them and just used them to test plays....then the next year I know for a couple of use from Jasper were quite suprized when Central came back and put it on us.....then put it on just about everybody else...that was a monster :shock:

I think some Monsters can just pop up...for example Central the year before everybody and their brother trounced them ' date=' wooped on them and just used them to test plays....then the next year I know for a couple of use from Jasper were quite suprized when Central came back and put it on us.....then put it on just about everybody else...that was a monster :shock:[/quote']

It is true that Central missed the playoffs in 2004, only to come back and win the district in 2005. But there are not far removed from the playoffs. They went in 2002 and again in 2003, making it to the quarterfinals before losing to finalist Bay City 13-3. Last years seniors at Central were in the playoffs 3 of their 4 years in high school and just missed a shot at the state title in 2003. Pardon me if I don't put Lumberton quite in the same situation.

Well, I'm a mom who wouldn't really care about football if my son weren't playing, but even I know that this year's Raiders are a force to be reckoned with!

This is the group that have been together since 7th and 8th grade. Can you say UNDEFEATED? Mike Minton and Danny Golden did a great job. That's not to say that they'll sail through the season that way again, but you'll dang sure know they're here! If it doesn't happen this year, it will most certainly happen in '07-'08!

These kids have already been playing for Credeur for a couple of years, and they know how he runs the show. They have nothing but the ustmost respect for him. Some of his underling coaches may leave a little to be desired, but I know as far as my boy goes, Credeur ROCKS!

Ya'll better put the glass slippers away, cuz the Raiders are coming to raid the Castle!

Well, I'm a mom who wouldn't really care about football if my son weren't playing, but even I know that this year's Raiders are a force to be reckoned with!

This is the group that have been together since 7th and 8th grade. Can you say UNDEFEATED? Mike Minton and Danny Golden did a great job. That's not to say that they'll sail through the season that way again, but you'll dang sure know they're here! If it doesn't happen this year, it will most certainly happen in '07-'08!

These kids have already been playing for Credeur for a couple of years, and they know how he runs the show. They have nothing but the ustmost respect for him. Some of his underling coaches may leave a little to be desired, but I know as far as my boy goes, Credeur ROCKS!

Ya'll better put the glass slippers away, cuz the Raiders are coming to raid the Castle!

:lol: awww. Bless your heart. I'll give 'em 2-8.

Undefeated in JV means about as much as it does in Pop Warner. It doesn't always translate to varsity. We've had some LOUSY JV teams, and when do you remember a LOUSY WO-S varsity team? I don't. It's not the same. I'm sorry, but I can't put that much faith into a team that lost to Gulf Shores Academy. With all due respect, that might be the most embarrassing loss any team in this area has ever had, including the WO-S 84-0 beating of Lincoln back in 93. I'm sorry if this is disrespectful or harsh, but you guys from Lumberton have to understand that NOBODY is going to buy the talk from a team like the raiders until they've at least STARTED to walk the walk. Last year's team didn't even crawl.

Well' date=' I'm a mom who wouldn't really care about football if my son weren't playing, but even I know that this year's Raiders are a force to be reckoned with!

This is the group that have been together since 7th and 8th grade. Can you say [b']UNDEFEATED? Mike Minton and Danny Golden did a great job. That's not to say that they'll sail through the season that way again, but you'll dang sure know they're here! If it doesn't happen this year, it will most certainly happen in '07-'08!

Are you serious? :lol:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder