Who Will Be Cinderellas?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me come to the defense of Gusher, my son is a junior on the LR team. What all the other teams in the area do not understand is that Alivn Credeur has been the coach for these juniors for four years now, as the kids moved up Alvin moved up with them, this is not a rebuilding year this is a coming out year. Coach Credeur has proven his Offense with PNG and Kelly. I played HS football I understand the game and I have never been around a group of kids who love and respect their coach like this group does. I will not make any predictions, but I will tell you this team for 2006 will be no push over.

Guest GoStangs

What's the word on the LR defense? Sounds like offense and coaching should be improved, so if defense and special teams can come around, maybe they're headed in the right direction.

Bless ya Gusher. Its apparent to me that this site is kinda bias WO horse fans. They have been very lucky to be in the right district at the right times, not to mention they have one of, if not the best high school coaching staffs in the state of Texas. Enjoy it while you can. However, Lumberton is in building mode. As I said before, the right pieces are there and Coach Alvin knows the answer to the puzzle. It just takes a little time. WE WILL DO BETTER this year and bet your monies on these kids senior year...........Hit Somebody Every Play!!!

Well' date=' I'm a mom who wouldn't really care about football if my son weren't playing, but even I know that this year's Raiders are a force to be reckoned with!

This is the group that have been together since 7th and 8th grade. Can you say [b']UNDEFEATED? Mike Minton and Danny Golden did a great job. That's not to say that they'll sail through the season that way again, but you'll dang sure know they're here! If it doesn't happen this year, it will most certainly happen in '07-'08!

These kids have already been playing for Credeur for a couple of years, and they know how he runs the show. They have nothing but the ustmost respect for him. Some of his underling coaches may leave a little to be desired, but I know as far as my boy goes, Credeur ROCKS!

Ya'll better put the glass slippers away, cuz the Raiders are coming to raid the Castle!

I just spewed Coke all over my screen!

Bless ya Gusher. Its apparent to me that this site is kinda bias WO horse fans. They have been very lucky to be in the right district at the right times' date=' not to mention they have one of, if not the best high school coaching staffs in the state of Texas. Enjoy it while you can. However, Lumberton is in building mode. As I said before, the right pieces are there and Coach Alvin knows the answer to the puzzle. It just takes a little time. WE WILL DO BETTER this year and bet your monies on these kids senior year...........Hit Somebody Every Play!!![/quote']

The right District at the right times? Are you talking about WOS :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What is that supposed to mean? Tell me what district we have EVER been in that we didnt dominate? In fact, tell me any local district that we havent dominated? Including last years Big Bad 20-4A?

Ill ask you Raider fans this.....Do you think this years team could give WOS a run for their money? I cant wait to hear the reply to this.

Bye the way, when you say Biased toward WO, we just WIN.

Yeah, we've really been lucky to be in a nine-team 4A district and now an eight-team 3a district with six playoff teams from last year. We must have info on somebody at the UIL office to be so lucky, huh? Yeaaaah all those years of domination in 4A, we were only facing district opposition from teams like PN-G, Nederland, PA Lincoln, etc. Cream puffs. We've been lucky.

Look, this has nothing to do with "WO bias." Why would we have an axe to grind with Lumberton? Enjoy it while we can? What does that even mean? Are you guys gunning for us? Guess what - wrong classification.

Yeah' date=' we've really been lucky to be in a nine-team 4A district and now an eight-team 3a district with six playoff teams from last year. We must have info on somebody at the UIL office to be so lucky, huh? Yeaaaah all those years of domination in 4A, we were only facing district opposition from teams like PN-G, Nederland, PA Lincoln, etc. Cream puffs. We've been lucky.

Look, this has nothing to do with "WO bias." Why would we have an axe to grind with Lumberton? Enjoy it while we can? What does that even mean? Are you guys gunning for us? Guess what - wrong classification.[/quote']

Well they know we dont HAVE to play them anymore. (I say HAVE to because we would never in our right mind play them in predistrict) so they can talk dirty to us.

I kind of like the attitude from Lumberton though :wink:

Guest bulldogbark

I think somebody thinks that the fairy God mother is going to change a bunch of mice into a huge front line :D I am just visiualizing a football team singing "someday my prince will come" :)

I thought Tony Eckert was an awesome prospect. Other than that, Lumberton has never really showed anything. I think you guys from Lumberton just need to realize that a team with zero playoff appearances - even when in a weak district - can't just snap its fingers and have respect with a new coach - even if it's Bill Parcels. It takes more than coaching - like talent, heart, discipline. If you've NEVER made the playoffs, I - for one - am going to assume that coaching is not the only problem. Even a team with a history of bad coaching will fall a@@ backwards into a playoff berth ONCE. Is it just me?

Bless ya Gusher. Its apparent to me that this site is kinda bias WO horse fans. They have been very lucky to be in the right district at the right times' date=' not to mention they have one of, if not the best high school coaching staffs in the state of Texas. Enjoy it while you can. However, Lumberton is in building mode. As I said before, the right pieces are there and Coach Alvin knows the answer to the puzzle. It just takes a little time. WE WILL DO BETTER this year and bet your monies on these kids senior year...........Hit Somebody Every Play!!![/quote']

Yep, WO-S has really been in an easy district. The rest of 20-4A was a bunch of patsies. Some long playoff runs also tells me that they could beat teams outside of this area but maybe the playoff teams from other districts were lame also.

Also... WO-S did not make the playoffs for their last four years in 4A. Maybe the district wasn't so easy after all. I guess it is all a matter of opinon.

Guest GoStangs

Okay, I, for one, am pretty interested to see if LR can back the hype that's been printed here. I hope they can, but as most have pointed out, it's a longshot, especially considering their history. Of course, tomorrow is a different day, and as most fans can attest, having great coaching can turn a pretty weak team into a yearly favorite to make the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83