OF vs Coldspring Tue. Woodville/Predictions?

KFDM COOP

Where do you get that Coldspring has better athletes?  In some years I might agree with you, but I haven't seen anyone shut down Jeremy Granger all year long except when his teamates decide they are gonna go 3 happy.  They haven't done that in the last few games and it has showed.  When OF takes what the other team allows they are pretty dang good.  They have come a long way in the last few weeks I think dating back to the OT game against WOS, (other than the fiasco against Silsbee.)  Based on head to head competition, I say OF by 6

Where do you get that Coldspring has better athletes?  In some years I might agree with you, but I haven't seen anyone shut down Jeremy Granger all year long except when his teamates decide they are gonna go 3 happy.  They haven't done that in the last few games and it has showed.  When OF takes what the other team allows they are pretty dang good.  They have come a long way in the last few weeks I think dating back to the OT game against WOS, (other than the fiasco against Silsbee.)  Based on head to head competition, I say OF by 6

haha everyone from OF is overrating Jeremy Granger......he is good but yall are making him out to be a beast and he is not a beast.......OF is defiantly not as athletic as cold springs.  Cold Springs by 12

Trust me I know Coldspring...they have athletes and you guys from O-field make it sound like yall only depend on that Granger kid to do everything and trust me I seen him played this year and he didn't excited me one bit. Just a big boy under the basket to me.

Granger probably didnt excite you that much because he probably didnt touch the ball that much.  They dont get him the ball near as much as they should. Also if you wouldve seen any of the 3 games against Jasper you wouldve been impressed with him.  He scored over 20 in 2 of the games and scored like 16 in the other game when he was sick.  They just couldnt stop him.  He's not one the best 2 or 3 players in the district, but i think he's easily in the top 10, he's very good.  He is a senior this year and will be the toughest player on the team to replace on next years team, no question about it. 

I'll agree with you on one thing and that is that they dont depend on Granger to do everything, they have several other teammates they depend on.

I am going to have to go with Coldspring in this one, even though I do like this Orangefield team. Granger really put it on Jasper, but I'll be honest with you, I was never impressed with this Jasper team this year. Coldspring will be a much better team than Jasper and I'll predict them to win , 63-54.

I will take the underdog role anyday.  Last week the same people said that there was no way OF would beat jasper twice.  They also said HJ would kill OF by 40 when they played the second time.  So far I love their picks.  Granger was All district last year by the way.  As far as the athlete part, if you slow down the game does it really matter, then it comes down to disipline.  OF by at least 4

Trust me I know Coldspring...they have athletes and you guys from O-field make it sound like yall only depend on that Granger kid to do everything and trust me I seen him played this year and he didn't excited me one bit. Just a big boy under the basket to me.

Granger probably didnt excite you that much because he probably didnt touch the ball that much.  They dont get him the ball near as much as they should. Also if you wouldve seen any of the 3 games against Jasper you wouldve been impressed with him.  He scored over 20 in 2 of the games and scored like 16 in the other game when he was sick.  They just couldnt stop him.  He's not one the best 2 or 3 players in the district, but i think he's easily in the top 10, he's very good.  He is a senior this year and will be the toughest player on the team to replace on next years team, no question about it. 

I'll agree with you on one thing and that is that they dont depend on Granger to do everything, they have several other teammates they depend on.

so your post did good against jasper......Jasper has ONE big kid and he is not tall nor is he good.....so any post in this district should look superior against Jasper

Basketball is not a game won by pure athleticism, especially at the high school level.  If OF controls the game, they win, and they are getting better and better at that.  If you have decent athletes with basketball skills you can win.  Granger is good, but the way OF will win is by having several kids in double figures, just like they did Friday night. Someone put a comment on the OF website that said that OF girls have always been good, but the boys were coming on.  Actually, the girls couldn't even smell the playoffs until the group of kids that came along and graduated last year.  Teams are commonly built around a good group of basketball kids that come along.  The OF boys team has a very strong group of sophomores.  I would say as a group stronger than the group of girls that are just now finishing up at OF.  So everyone go ahead and get used to OF being around.  I will say this as well, do you think it is a coincidence that all 3 teams in the playoffs for this district have strong Little Dribbler programs? OF kids are now playing year around.  It matters, players are made in the off season.

Guest Ricthepic

Congrats to the Bobcats and Coach Wrinkle. Great season, great win Friday night. Orangefield is a great community, with the best fans in the area. Stay focused, don't listen to all the hype about Coldsprings, just play your game. Best wishes. Bobcats by 3.

Im out of town for a few days and still am and finally look at the site and people are dogging my boy Jeremy Granger.

Granger is a beast and has always been a beast in every sport. When he gets the ball down low, there are not too many people around who can stop the big guy.

Im taking OF in this game because the Cats have started feeding Granger the ball, Hayes is playing inside himself which is a great thing and Helton and Angelle are great guards. Angelle can be the leading scorer on any given night.

OF wins this game by 6 or more.

You are right the Bobcats have got to feed the post early and often.  Take what the Trojans give you though.  If they are doubling the post don't force it to him.  Be patient.  I don't understand why the fact that Coldspring is athletic means the Bobcats can't win this game.  They have almost beaten Silsbee twice, HJ once, beat WOS twice, and beat Jasper twice.  Those seem like pretty athletic teams.  Don't count the Bobcats out just because they aren't "athletic".  In the text that some of you use that word it is racial, not physical.  The Bobcats have athletes as well.

I have been to the State tournament for the last several years.  At least 50% of the time, the state championship is won by what most around here would consider to be non athletic teams.  They have decent athleticism with lots of discipline and basketball skills.  Also, without exception they can shoot the ball.  If you want to compare athleticism look at Silsbee and H-J.  I take Silsbee's athletes over H-J's every time.  But I take H-J's basketball players over Silsbee's every time. Its all about controlling the ballgame.  Be smart, take good shots.  OF has matured a lot in the last few weeks.  Don't count them out!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder