Game 3: Hardin Jefferson vs Silsbee ( If necessary)

Guest A-TOWN

I think OF is going to pull the upset off, finally, at home tomorrow night.  If that happens, HJ might not get a chance to play Silsbee again this year.  It is also possible that HJ will play Silsbee at the Montagne event, and maybe also in the playoffs.  With Trey Burrell and Elliot Deshotel back on board, HJ will beat Silsbee by double digits again.

I think OF is going to pull the upset off, finally, at home tomorrow night.  If that happens, HJ might not get a chance to play Silsbee again this year.  It is also possible that HJ will play Silsbee at the Montagne event, and maybe also in the playoffs.  With Trey Burrell and Elliot Deshotel back on board, HJ will beat Silsbee by double digits again.

Yup, i think that will make all the difference.  Hawks by 12.

Guest DickVitale

How have they agreed and they don't know if they HAVE to play yet? I think that if they don't HAVE to play, to play a WARM UP game against each other would not be a very smart move, being that they may have to face off in the playoffs......How have they agreed at this point?

Guest DickVitale

OK I am right only.....99.9% of the time!! ;D...The other .1% I am probably tired or busy!! :D...If you agree, aren't you supposed to give me some positive karma?? ;)

Coach Williams and Coach Sutherland have agreed to play Friday night the 15th at the Montagne IF it is needed for them to playoff for first place in district. If one of the two were to lose a game before then, then they would not play but could play a warmup game against different opponents.

The boys playoff games will start on Tuesday night, the 19th with all district champions getting a bye for this round. Their first game will be Friday, the 22nd.

Hope this clears things up.

We just got a call that Silsbee's Tuesday night game has been moved to Monday night.  AND... that the first "play-off" game will be at the Montagne on Friday the 15th at 8:30.  Didn't think to ask opponent...could this be the game?

Yes, Silsbee's Tuesday nite game against BC is being moved to monday to accomodate Silsbee's fans for their girl's playoff game at Barbers Hill on tuesday. Also there HAS been an agreement on the 3rd HJ-Silsbee game at the Montagne next Friday. These agreements are made in advance all the time. They are preparatory actions by coaches to secure venues just in case. This is a common occurance in the coaching community.(This was to answer a previous posters question, not argumentative)

Guest DickVitale

I know THAT, I was just under the impression that they would play a game NO MATTER WHAT, and I thought that was odd, especial;ly since potentially they could meet in the playoffs down the road...Its clear now, though.

I know THAT, I was just under the impression that they would play a game NO MATTER WHAT, and I thought that was odd, especial;ly since potentially they could meet in the playoffs down the road...Its clear now, though.

Nah, If it is not necessary, there will not be a game for the reason you specified. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin