Who Makes The Top 3 This Season In 21 3A?

there's no use in arguing about it because I know how hard BC is working..I mean they are sending a large number of kids to the State Powerlifting meets, unlike Orangefield so we'll se when 7 on 7 gets here who's been working  ;):D

Who's arguing I am just stating facts, and fact is that BC can send as many kids as they want to the State Powerlifting meet, that's great and I congratulate those kids but they still got to put the pads on and execute.  I would be willing to beat that BC sent more kids to the State powerlifting meet last year too and we know that outcome.  As far as 7 on 7 goes, do you really think that how well you do against a team in this format will determine how well you do against the same team in a REAL FOOTBALL GAME?  I don't think so. Don't kid yourself into thinking that BC is the only team working hard to prepare for the upcoming season.

It will be a good game between  BC and OF, I think.

I think BC won the region in powerlifting last year too!!!! How did that work out for you in football last year??????  

Just let the kids play the game.

I was typing this as you were responding freddy.  My thoughts exactly!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest freddy

Yea, I don't like being that way cause I know how hard kids and coaches work. I also know that communities are going to support their teams, and put them at the top of the list. That is understandable. BC has had alot of success in many areas from cross country to track, fall to spring sports,  congrats to them for that. I don't think anyone is upset with them for being good at things. I don't think things transfer from one sport to the next all the time. BC won the district trackmeet last year, in a very tough district, then went 0-10 in football.

7 ON 7 is a different beast. OF can really use 7 ON 7 to help with secondary and linebacker work. From what I have seen on offense from them, 7 ON 7 only benefits them if they are in a 2 minute situation. They are a RUN first team. I have seen where Baytown Lee would win state at 7 on 7  and then win 1 or 2 games the next year. 

Back to the topic, I'll say WOS is in and the rest is up for grabs!!!!

Good luck to all......

I am pulling for HF. But very importantly who is going to be their QB next season?   

The QB position has been the main problem with the program over the years I have supported them. Below average QB=3 to 4 wins usually non-district to start the season and HJ or Orangefield. They might beat EC with out Tramaine.

yea OF beat BC's freshmen when they were in 8th grade they won in the last couple of minutes and BC beat OF this year once when it was just the freshmen and once when it was freshmen and jv

Okay cardinal4life, whats your point?  I said that in an earlier post.  BC freshmen won in the last seconds of the game.  Its gonna be a good game everytime these two teams meet

Don't overlook Silsbee...they are working hard in off season. I see them fighting WO-S for district champ. THey bring back there QB, both RB, a few receiver and ones that didn't get to play last year and bring up some from jv squad. THere defense is still gonna be one of the tougest defense in district with Barnes, James, Skinner, Steed, and company. THey will turn heads dis year and make you forget what happen last year

WOS in a romp

A romp huh? Maybe against the rest of the district but not Silsbee. The two times these teams have faced each other in district since dropping down, both games were close. No other district team has given WOS closer games in district. 20-13, 17-6, no romps here. In fact, I believe those are the 2 lowest offensive outputs the Stangs have in district play, which to me says a lot.

I'll predict another district title for WOS, but their game with the Tigers will be another close one with the Mustangs edging it out in the end. NO ROMP!!

I am pulling for HF. But very importantly who is going to be their QB next season?   

The QB position has been the main problem with the program over the years I have supported them. Below average QB=3 to 4 wins usually non-district to start the season and HJ or Orangefield. They might beat EC with out Tramaine.

I heard from one of the players that they are looking at 3 players to Step into the QB Role. One of them

is Cameron Burrell who was the QB for the upcoming Senior Class, another is Jake Manildi the Soph QB. they brought up from JV last year and finally they are giving Hagan Daigle some consideration, rumor has it he has a pretty good arm. There is another young man who's names escapes me I think his last name is Keonig or something like that.

Notice, almost no talk from HJ members or Fans.

Hehe.

I think a good year next year for everyone. I dont think WOS just walks in to first next year though. HF and Silsbee will definitly put up a great fight against them next year.

i agree... wheres all the HJ talk? i think we have a good shot at making some noise next year... we return 10 starters on defense... and i think 7 or 8 on offense... We'll have a strong Senior and Junior class next year, and with some help from some underclassmen i think we have a shot next year...

But i agree that i Wos takes a playoff spot but other than that i think it could be a tossup between the other teams for 2nd and 3rd... Silsbee has a good shot as well

Guest A-TOWN

1st - West Orange Stark- Always gonna have a good squad

2nd- Silsbee- Will give WOS trouble, they have some key players coming back

3rd- Hamshire Fannett/ Orangefield- With Jasper and Kirbyville out the district these two teams imo has a shot at getting 3rd.

5th - Bridge City- They were young last year, but i heard that they still not ready yet

6th- Hardin Jefferson- ????

I Reading all the post about OF making the playoffs didnt they loose there starting QB and 2 of there RB's and there best WR seems to me there going to have to replace alot of the skill positions

Here are the guys back for OF from last year that I can list off the top of my head...Any other OF posters help me out

Zach Peevy-RB

Jace Statum-WR/DB

Derrick Evans-WR/K/DB

Jacob Felts-LB

Josh Juneau-LB

Luke Gunstream-TE

Steven Stone

Adam Scales

The one and two spots are going to be between West Orange-Stark and Silsbee unless something drastic happens

The third spot is anyone of the four other's team to get. All four teams have a fair amount of Letterman coming back with Bridge City and Hardin-Jefferson both having the most coming back. Any of those four teams can beat anyone  of the four teams so whoever fights for it more and can stay healthy will get the third spot, but it won't come easy to whoever wins it!

1. WO-S

2. Silsbee

3. BC/HF/HJ

6. Orangefield

The one and two spots are going to be between West Orange-Stark and Silsbee unless something drastic happens

The third spot is anyone of the four other's team to get. All four teams have a fair amount of Letterman coming back with Bridge City and Hardin-Jefferson both having the most coming back. Any of those four teams can beat anyone  of the four teams so whoever fights for it more and can stay healthy will get the third spot, but it won't come easy to whoever wins it!

1. WO-S

2. Silsbee

3. BC/HF/HJ

6. Orangefield

Apparently you don't think OF has much fight in them.  I mean you pick your Orange county neighbors 6th.  OOh well I will say this, where ever OF finishes it will be in front of BC.

1. WOS

2 - 6. HF/HJ/Silsbee/OF/BC

i honestly at this point believe that other than WOS no one is guaranteed a playoff spot.... technicaly WOS is "guaranteed" one, but chances are very good that they already have one...

I dont like having a school like WOS in our district (no disrespect WOS) but its because, in most districts all the other teams are fighting for one of three spots... but in our district everyone i talk to it seems like everyone is fighting for one of two spots... because they already have WOS penciled in for week 11... and because of that WOS wins half of their games before they even get to the stadium...

1. WO-S

2. Silsbee

3. BC/HF/HJ

6. Orangefield

Apparently you don't think OF has much fight in them.  I mean you pick your Orange county neighbors 6th.  OOh well I will say this, where ever OF finishes it will be in front of BC.

Haha alright I heard they have some kind of get together next thursday lets see who dominates who..

Is this what you are talking about.

Events Include: Tire Toss, Gator Push, Farmers Walk, Team Tug-O-War, Stone Stacking, Harness War, Tire Flip, Obstacle Course

Yeah I can see how all these events relate to football.  Don't get me wrong competition is a good thing but don't kid yourself these events have nothing to do with the way someone plays football,,,

BC will be alot better than last year trust me...unless you know the kids in the coaches you wouldn't understand what I mean...all you guys think about is last year but if you really know about the kids in BC's program this year you'd know how good they will be next year...I dont think Orangefield will be ready for BC next year..

BCtreasurer, I wouldn't expect you to feel any other way about your team.  I hope BC is better next season, because quite frankly they were horrible last year.  I would like to see them win a couple of district games to mix things up. But, they have a tremendous amount of improving to do.  I don't think that I have dwelt on last season but I am smart enough to know that just because you can toss a tire or run an obstacle course or sent 20 kids to the State Power lifting meet or beat a team in 7 on 7 format does not mean you have improved your football game. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hijove
    Newest Member
    hijove