125 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

• Kirbyville
    • Newton

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirbyville defense should be better than ever this year. Lots of changes are being made. We have 4 great backs this year which consist of Barry Burley (4.6) , Broderick Jackson (4.5 speed) , Fred Rhodes (4.5) and Fred Ford (4.4 speed). I can promise you that Newton will see alot of speed and heart in this one. I just can't wait to see this match up.

Ive saw too many ppl give newton 10+. that irks me that they overlook the schedules that kville has played the past 4-6 years. This team has played so many games as the underdog. why not make it one more? let the helmet do the talking.

Don't worry Kville99, we will roll in this game. Kirbyville defense will show these boys why we picked to win state!!!

Guest EagleFan01

You were also picked to win your district last season and we all know what happened with that.... So those predictions don't mean anything...... This will be a very good game and it will be exciting and we will just have to wait and see in week 10. Kirbyville has alot of speed but so does Newton and also don't be surprised when Newton lines up in the spread this year they have put that into there offensive set this year... So lets see what Kirbyville can do with Newton's running game and the passing game that we have. This should be a very interesting game and I am looking forward to it...

Eaglefan01, I have to agree that prediction most of the time doesn't mean anything. What is fun this year is that you guys are picked to win district. I think Kirbyville will have something to say about that trust me. Kirbyville has 2 solid wide receivers that will light up the score board alot this year. Newton likes to play in the 7 diamond defense which is good against the run, but will hold just as much resistance as a wet paper bag when our offense step on the field!  ;D Look for Hazelwood to air it out in the shotgun as well. Kirbyville by 21+ 

Guest EagleFan01

:D :D :D

Wet paper bag huh??? That's why we have one of the top defense's in the area and in the state year in and year out.... When is the last time your defense has done anything??? Ya ll have know choice but to try and score alot of points because you can't stop anyone on defense and that will be the reason you don't win state... Love the prediction 21+ that will never happen in Newton  and that's for sure.. As for Aaron he is a good qb i will give him that but you have to keep him upright and that will be tough since you guys have to replace what three lineman and he is not very tall so i hope that works out for you ive never seen him throw a td from his back...

If your defense that good, why come Carthage nearly put 50 points on yall last year? As for replacing our lineman, we will be firing on all cylinders when we hit the Singletary Stadium. Get your turkey legs ready because you in for a fight!!  :o

LOL YES THEY ARE THEY BETTER BE READY!!!!!!!!! :o

why come Carthage nearly put 50 points on yall last year?

First, a question asked in all seriousness:  "Why are some Kirbyville fans so obsessed with the Newton/Carthage games?"  Seriously.  I'd like to know.

Now to answer your question directly:  Newton gave up 43 points to Carthage last season for much the same reason Orangefield scored 42 on Kirbyville.  Every now and then teams get into shootouts.  When both offenses are having success it tends to snowball as the defensive units get tired.  The inhernet advantage the offense enjoys (by design) over the defense in ANY matchup is then magnified.  Another great recent example would be the epic Jasper/Silsbee game last season.  That game, though an instant classic, was not a good indicator of either defense. Sometimes the games just work out the way they do.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder