LSU Walks Off the Floor Before National Anthem -- Iowa Stands and Wins!

Reagan

They didn’t walk off.  They were in the locker room when the anthem was played.  Like both teams usually are in probably 99 percent of the 200 or so college basketball games I’ve attended.  I get the criticism and don’t fault you for it.  But it’s a college basketball issue, men’s and women’s, not an LSU issue.  I would be surprised if Iowa is always out there as well.  Coaches use the time when they play the anthem and school songs to do last minute prep.  Unlike football when the teams are already out there when it’s played. 

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

More "misleading" news.

Starting to feel like the "right" has become the "left" in this department.

smh

We fall for the media’s bs on both sides over and over again.  Like Bart Simpson touching the stove. 

Anyone remember this narrative?  Tough to have it both ways…

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Caitlin Clark….. what an athlete. Glad she played while I was alive. 
I’ve gotten past the NA thing. Just don’t kneel in protest. 

I’m certain Mulkey would agree with you.  

And I agree 100 percent about Clark.  She is something else.  I never thought I would see the day I would rather watch the women’s tournament than the men’s, yet here we are. 

8 hours ago, Reagan said:

I would give them one more chance.  I'd tell them, if they did this again, their scholarships will be revoked!  I bet they become good Americans at that point!  LOL!

Wow. Forced patriotism. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen. 

3 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Apparently the governor isn’t happy with how they represent.

Well, as above, the Governor thinks they walked off before the anthem.  

From the article:  “It is time that all college boards, including Regent, put a policy in place that student athletes be present for the national anthem or risk their athletic scholarship! This is a matter of respect that all collegiate coaches should instill.”  Hey @Big girl what did the Governor just say?!  He said their scholarships might be revoked.  He said -- It's a matter of respect!! 

When trying to defend the indefensible, sometimes it’s better to say, I have no excuse. LSU coach Kim Mulkey is probably telling herself that right now.  A Baton Rouge reporter said LSU is never on the court for the anthem.  After this -- I bet this changes!  

4 hours ago, Reagan said:

Well, as above, the Governor thinks they walked off before the anthem.  

From the article:  “It is time that all college boards, including Regent, put a policy in place that student athletes be present for the national anthem or risk their athletic scholarship! This is a matter of respect that all collegiate coaches should instill.”  Hey @Big girl what did the Governor just say?!  He said their scholarships might be revoked.  He said -- It's a matter of respect!! 

Well if you are going to be wrong about what happened by falling for clickbait articles’ titles attaching a video proving exactly the opposite, at least be wrong with the holder of the high office of the state where the university is located (can’t imagine a politician jumping in trying to get some political gain - weird!)

Again, in the games I’ve attended (SLC, Big 12, SEC, WAC, ACC, Conference USA, AAC), very rarely is EITHER team on the floor for the anthem.  It’s just the norm in college basketball.  Not saying it’s right and I’m sure it will be changing.  But to make it an LSU and Mulkey thing is just uninformed, “low information” arguments.  

5 hours ago, Reagan said:

Iowa won because they were the better team.  But -- the LSU loss had Karma written all over it!  

You must be right.  I just wish Karma (and Governor Landry) didn’t hate God so much 🥲  

45 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Stand for the National Anthem in all sports, it's not that difficult.

Standing is not the issue.  Mulkey, for anyone who knows anything about her, would never allow kneeling.  I would think anyone with any connection to Baylor would know that.  The issue is the practice across college basketball, men’s and women’s, of being in the locker room going over game plans, praying (for LSU at least), etc., when the anthem is played.  Just like apparently Iowa was as well last year when they played.  The issue is clickbait articles talking about a team “walking off the floor” during the anthem (while attaching a video showing nothing of the sort because that was a bold faced lie) and dolts being gullible enough to fall for a headline and share it across social media until it becomes “fact.”  The issue is calling maybe the most politically conservative coach in the sport “woke” because again, well clicks.  But such is the “low information” society we live in I guess. 

And for the record LRF, I would prefer the teams being out there standing when the anthem and school songs are played, just like in football, baseball, etc.  I’m guessing that will become the norm now and that should have been the story, not the deceiving one that has been circulated.  So perhaps some good will come of it. I’m not even an LSU fan and am glad we get to see another game or two of Clark.  But if anyone did an ounce of research before posting this trash, they could indict almost every (if not literally every) D1 CBB coach in the country.  

28 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Standing is not the issue.  Mulkey, for anyone who knows anything about her, would never allow kneeling.  I would think anyone with any connection to Baylor would know that.  The issue is the practice across college basketball, men’s and women’s, of being in the locker room going over game plans, praying (for LSU at least), etc., when the anthem is played.  Just like apparently Iowa was as well last year when they played.  The issue is clickbait articles talking about a team “walking off the floor” during the anthem (while attaching a video showing nothing of the sort because that was a bold faced lie) and dolts being gullible enough to fall for a headline and share it across social media until it becomes “fact.”  The issue is calling maybe the most politically conservative coach in the sport “woke” because again, well clicks.  But such is the “low information” society we live in I guess. 

And for the record LRF, I would prefer the teams being out there standing when the anthem and school songs are played, just like in football, baseball, etc.  I’m guessing that will become the norm now and that should have been the story, not the deceiving one that has been circulated.  So perhaps some good will come of it. I’m not even an LSU fan and am glad we get to see another game or two of Clark.  But if anyone did an ounce of research before posting this trash, they could indict almost every (if not literally every) D1 CBB coach in the country.  

100% agree.

It's what we call here a "Reaganism".