Boutte Retires - West Brook Hires Mike Thomas

On 4/1/2024 at 2:20 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I was told that Frankie had ran into problems at his HC job at Dobie to put into better words.  Word travels fast in the coaching realm.  You see where I’m going with this?

See that's the problem people who don't know the facts always talking the wrong stuff. Someone sent a anonymous letter to HR and the superintendent of Pasadena saying the at the ymbl after they played westbrook that he chased the ref into the lockerroom and it took 6 officers to restrain him. If it took 6 officers to restrain him he would have went to jail!!!!!!!! But there was no charges nor was there any reports, and I know for a fact I was at the game and after the game he was at half court talking to Boutte. So you tell me the word that you heard or will you be like everyone else in beaumont and throw rocks and hide you hand?

Mike T, huh?  Well, congrats to him.  He’s a Beaumont guy and was probably recommended by Boutee.  But I would’ve went with Coleman due to him being the best candidate.   Maybe BISD didn’t want to be associated with possible drama or backlash.  

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Boutte Retires - West Brook Hired Mike Thomas
40 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Mike T, huh?  Well, congrats to him.  He’s a Beaumont guy and was probably recommended by Boutee.  But I would’ve went with Coleman due to him being the best candidate.   Maybe BISD didn’t want to be associated with possible drama or backlash.  

First of you have to know what your talking about keyboard warrior. I was waiting on someone to say something and I figured it would be you . M.Thomas is  more than qualified to be a head coach . If you wanna go deeper Coleman doesn’t win that state title without Coach Saveat the same man many of yall ridiculed during his tenure as Ozen coach. Nothing against Coleman he’s a great guy and I rock with him too. This isn’t a geriatric center we need young energetic coaches who are going to build a PROGRAM , not for the moment but for the long haul. And as I always say ask the kids who they want to play for , they are going to hang it on the line for him . Peace brother !!!!!

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Boutte Retires - West Brook Hires Mike Thomas

Now that the coaching job is filled, I wonder who he’ll get as the assistant coaches.  And I also inquire have the West Brook basketball community feel about this change.  Based on a few WB parents I’ve talked to, there are some strong and/or mixed thoughts.  

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Now that the coaching job is filled, I wonder who he’ll get as the assistant coaches.  And I also inquire have the West Brook basketball community feel about this change.  Based on a few WB parents I’ve talked to, there are some strong and/or mixed thoughts.  

Hmmmmm......interesting......seems like he'll have to get more than the kids to "buy-in".......??

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Y’all get on here and say anything . Could’ve just said congrats and we’re behind you 100%  to ensure that the program is successful but here we are. I talked to a few meaning 2-3  parents and their unhappy type of foolery , two things can happen the kid can work hard and earn his stripes or the transfer button is always available .  

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hmmmmm......interesting......seems like he'll have to get more than the kids to "buy-in".......??

What’s interesting is your worried about who’s on the staff and if they’ll  buy in . Quick example y’all said the same thing about Coach Lewis all he has done is be successful and it seems the kids and the staff bought in hmmmm . And his  staff isn’t an all star staff is it ?

Just now, Mamba said:

What’s interesting is your worried about who’s on the staff and if they’ll  buy in . Quick example y’all said the same thing about Coach Lewis all he has done is be successful and it seems the kids and the staff bought in hmmmm . And his  staff isn’t an all star staff is it ?

That's what you took from my post or you meant to quote someone else? If you've learned anything from being on this board is to not put words into my mouth on here. I asked @BMTSoulja1 a question. Seems like you're flustered for some odd reason. Sit down, drink some damn water and calm yourself down. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

That's what you took from my post or you meant to quote someone else? If you've learned anything from being on this board is to not put words into my mouth on here. I asked @BMTSoulja1 a question. Seems like you're flustered for some odd reason. Sit down, drink some damn water and calm yourself down. 

Great post.  That’s why I talk sports with someone that is knowledgeable and doesn’t post with their feelings and emotions on their chest.  

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Great post.  That’s why I talk sports with someone that is knowledgeable and doesn’t post with their feelings and emotions on their chest.  

Speaking of which, since they are in our new district, do you know what does WB bring back from varsity and what were the underclassmen records? 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Speaking of which, since they are in our new district, do you know what does WB bring back from varsity and what were the underclassmen records? 

All I know is Garret returns.  And I think Satcher.  And I believed their JV teams wasn’t really that good, except with the exception of this one kid, J. Smith.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

First of all it’s a message board I could care less but I got time today . I really  figured you were talking about the coaching staff ,  no parent ever buys in because their impossible to please and the community only supports you when you’re winning. So all of that doesn’t mean anything. And your lil cheerleader BmtSoulja or whatever he calls himself you have the nerve to talk about knowledgeable maybe you should hit some coaching clinics because obviously your eyes don’t work .

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

All I know is Garret returns.  And I think Satcher.  And I believed their JV teams wasn’t really that good, except with the exception of this one kid, J. Smith.

Seems like us and BH return the most along with Nederland.