House Passes Laken Riley Act – 170 America-Hating Democrats Vote Against Bill!!

Reagan

19 minutes ago, baddog said:

So we are worried about the percentages being terrorists? Wow, what next? My wife and my two best friends are Hispanic, so don’t go there again. They should be a voting block because they are not American and most would never swear allegiance to this country. They simply invade and your people make them more comfortable than good hard working Americans. Give it up man. Your argument stinks and again, you know it, but you will continue this charade of covering the wrongdoers. 
I’m done with this. Of course you will have the last day as usual. 

He makes the dumbest arguments, lol.

Comparing a community where you ca get a home built with no SS number to a development in Hardin county, throwing down the race card if you dare question it.

Like I said, waste of time.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I thought it was comical…. There she was in her MAGA hat, complete with pins, matching shirt, etc… she handed a pen with Laiken Riley’s  name on it and I was like “I wonder why he even accepted it?” 

At that point in the speech he purposely mispronounced her name as “Lincoln Riley” and made MTG look like a clown with her “say her name” shirt, which really wasn’t that hard, I guess. 

How bad must it suck when you put on a clown suit so that you can make a big splash at the biggest political event of the year, then get put in your place by a geriatric old dude like Joe Biden? 

Purposely mispronounced?  Give me a break!  The guy is completely out of touch, yet you defend him.  We need to vote what’s best for the country and not with snowflake feelings.  We can’t take another 4 years of this in office.  

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I thought it was comical…. There she was in her MAGA hat, complete with pins, matching shirt, etc… she handed a pen with Laiken Riley’s  name on it and I was like “I wonder why he even accepted it?” 

At that point in the speech he purposely mispronounced her name as “Lincoln Riley” and made MTG look like a clown with her “say her name” shirt, which really wasn’t that hard, I guess. 

How bad must it suck when you put on a clown suit so that you can make a big splash at the biggest political event of the year, then get put in your place by a geriatric old dude like Joe Biden? 

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Reading comprehension… I’m betting that some R congressman got that Dad a seat so that the Dad could make a spectacle. 

I'm not sure if you have kids (Honestly I hope not with your response), but I do and I thank God he is still with me. I have two good friends, one lost her first born Son(to a work accident) and the other to a drug overdose. The pain that causes does not go away....EVER.  That pain is so severe, if you have kids or don't, you can't even attempt to understand their pain. They are reminded several times a year (every holiday, birthday and special event) for the rest of their life they lost their kid.  So, if that guy Republican or Democrat got in to yell at the President over the death of his Son, I support that 150%.....and you should too. Life is short, and you never know if your kid might lose their life and you have that same pain. 

Everything is not politics, and those lives and deaths are real.

3 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

I'm not sure if you have kids (Honestly I hope not with your response), but I do and I thank God he is still with me. I have two good friends, one lost her first born Son(to a work accident) and the other to a drug overdose. The pain that causes does not go away....EVER.  That pain is so severe, if you have kids or don't, you can't even attempt to understand their pain. They are reminded several times a year (every holiday, birthday and special event) for the rest of their life they lost their kid.  So, if that guy Republican or Democrat got in to yell at the President over the death of his Son, I support that 150%.....and you should too. Life is short, and you never know if your kid might lose their life and you have that same pain. 

Everything is not politics, and those lives and deaths are real.

Does every gold star parent get to go to the state of the union? No. 

So how did the most vocal of the gold star parents get in? Some Republican congressman invited him in hopes that he’d do exactly what he did. 

If that’s not milking that man’s  grief for political purposes, then I guess I don’t know what it is.  

Why do all of the outbursts keep coming from “our” side?  Because character and decorum don’t matter to Republicans anymore…. Just who can be the biggest anus. Mike Johnson should strip MTG of any committee spots she currently has.  

14 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I tuned in hoping to see an epic train wreck, but it never happened. His delivery was far from perfect, but we never got a “locked up like Mitch McConnell and had to be led away by his handlers” moment, either. 

It wasn’t pretty and I don’t think anybody was convinced of his vitality by watching that. 

I remember a few years ago when it was scandalous that one of the Justices said “not true” during the speech. Then you had a congressman yell “liar” a year or two ago. I thought that there were some people who really made us all look bad last night. The catcalls, the guy in the gallery that got tossed out, etc… Things are getting worse between the factions in America, and this event just proved it… I’m not excited about where we’re all headed. 

Marjorie Taylor Greene did a good job of representing Trump fans, in my opinion. She looked ridiculous, acted inappropriately, made a fool of herself and put on display for the whole world how buffoon-ish and out-of-touch with reality Trump’s fans are on a daily basis. She served y’all well. 

Lol

12 hours ago, baddog said:

Even though this is a huge problem, do you really think this explains it away? It’s not just the red hats that want them out of here. You turn a blind eye to the terrorist threat, the invasion of gangsters/cartel members, streamlined drug smugglers, rapists, murderers, etc….. The workers to which you refer are covered under legal immigration. Of course you can continue with your mix and match approach and there are those you can spoon feed that garbage, but your argument really lacks any appeal. 

Why don't you have that same energy when it comes to the Northern border. I read that is easier to get drugs in that way because that border is less secure.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Does every gold star parent get to go to the state of the union? No. 

So how did the most vocal of the gold star parents get in? Some Republican congressman invited him in hopes that he’d do exactly what he did. 

If that’s not milking that man’s  grief for political purposes, then I guess I don’t know what it is.  

Why do all of the outbursts keep coming from “our” side?  Because character and decorum don’t matter to Republicans anymore…. Just who can be the biggest anus. Mike Johnson should strip MTG of any committee spots she currently has.  

Yep.

12 hours ago, baddog said:

So we are worried about the percentages being terrorists? Wow, what next? My wife and my two best friends are Hispanic, so don’t go there again. They should not be a voting block because they are not American and most would never swear allegiance to this country. They simply invade and your people make them more comfortable than good hard working Americans. Give it up man. Your argument stinks and again, you know it, but you will continue this charade of covering the wrongdoers. 
I’m done with this. Of course you will have the last day as usual. 

Sure they are

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

Why don't you have that same energy when it comes to the Northern border. I read that is easier to get drugs in that way because that border is less secure.

Because millions of people aren’t crossing illegally. 

Would you pull thousands of agents off the southern border and send them to the Canadian border? 

7 hours ago, Big girl said:

Where is your energy for either? Like TVC said, millions cross the southern border and “my back yard” gets me heated. Plus, you dems lie and say it’s secure…..so you’re admitting there is a problem.

Tired of having to spoon-feed facts to the enlightened and the poorly educated.

8 hours ago, Big girl said:

Yep.

What if Mike Johnson had ripped up the SOTU speech?  How would you have felt about that?  You and CB probably had no qualms about that witch Pelosi doing it.  Let’s not talk about a Republican letting someone in that confronted biden for a disastrous decision.  The Demoncrats are far more divisive than any Republican out there.  biden deserved every bit of the heckling that he got.  For Christ’s sakes, he can’t even get the name of Laken right.  Why does he always want to bring up his dead son in these situations?  The two don’t even come close to being comparable.  He is a joke!

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

What if Mike Johnson had ripped up the SOTU speech?  How would you have felt about that?   

I would have been very disappointed in him… I thought it was in very poor taste when Pelosi did it. The difference is that Pelosi doesn’t represent me or my party… Johnson does- and it’s my obligation to point out when they fall short of what I expect of them.  I know that’s a concept lost on the right these days, unless somebody isn’t being MAGA enough. Then the knives come out. 

biden deserved every bit of the heckling that he got.

You know what the police call an escalation of force? When somebody does something, the other side has to do it back, but harder. What’s next? The Ds pelting the next R President with tomatoes during the SOTU address? Y’all seem to forget that for every action, there will be a more forceful response.  

It’s funny how y’all all think that your opinions are the correct ones, so anything you want to do or say is justified. 

Republicans still stupidly believe that their childish behavior, since their friends all approve, is okay. It’s not. Just like in 2020 when Trump lost the undecided vote (and therefore the election) in large part due to his behaviors in the debates, the actions of REPUBLICANS on the biggest of stages did nothing but alienate voters. For what? So the most ignorant of us all can say “Biden deserved every bit of the heckling he got.” What a dumb way to think. 

What’s comical is that y’all actually believe you’re the good guys. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I would have been very disappointed in him… I thought it was in very poor taste when Pelosi did it. The difference is that Pelosi doesn’t represent me or my party… Johnson does- and it’s my obligation to point out when they fall short of what I expect of them.  I know that’s a concept lost on the right these days, unless somebody isn’t being MAGA enough. Then the knives come out. 

You know what the police call an escalation of force? When somebody does something, the other side has to do it back, but harder. What’s next? The Ds pelting the next R President with tomatoes during the SOTU address? Y’all seem to forget that for every action, there will be a more forceful response.  

It’s funny how y’all all think that your opinions are the correct ones, so anything you want to do or say is justified. 

Republicans still stupidly believe that their childish behavior, since their friends all approve, is okay. It’s not. Just like in 2020 when Trump lost the undecided vote (and therefore the election) in large part due to his behaviors in the debates, the actions of REPUBLICANS on the biggest of stages did nothing but alienate voters. For what? So the most ignorant of us all can say “Biden deserved every bit of the heckling he got.” What a dumb way to think. 

What’s comical is that y’all actually believe you’re the good guys. 

I really don’t think Johnson represents your party

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

What do you mean by that?

You claim to be a conservative Republican, but I have a feeling if you vote in November, you will vote biden.  So, that makes it seem you have no problems with biden’s term.

49 minutes ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

What's sad is all the millions of Americans and this is what it boils down to! 2 clowns at the age I wouldn't trust them to drive my son down the street to get ice cream... SMH

I don’t know which is worse… the fact that the Dems are putting up a guy who’s clearly diminished, or the Repubs for nominating someone who can’t beat him. 

You claim to be a conservative Republican, but I have a feeling if you vote in November, you will vote biden.  So, that makes it seem you have no problems with biden’s term.

No, I won’t vote Biden, but I’m part of the “1 in 7 Republicans who are vowing not to vote at all if Trump is the nominee.”

39 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So you are voting Biden.

Actually, not voting is the same as voting for the winner, and you just admitted Trump is gonna lose again. 

Wanna know how “they” already know? They claim that the election was stolen in 2020, but here we are and there’s not a single Republican doing ANYTHING to make sure that it doesn’t happen again. They’re not even talking about how to stop the cheating. They’re not scared of it because they know the truth-it didn’t happen in 2020. 

• tvc184 locked this topic