Who would be the 2007 22-4A MVP?

bronco1

IMO the best overall football player in 22-4A was AJ Dugat.

But how can you look past the leadership that DeJohn had at Lumberton.

The Lumberton season was "so far" the story of 22-4A this year, however, if Dayton can pull off the next three games, this will be far much larger than Lumberton's cinderella season.

This will be the first state championship east of Houston in who knows how many years.

I think in the regular season the vote needs to go to DeJohn.

If Dayton wins a couple or hopefully three more, then the vote goes to AJ, or maybe even Greg Charles.

Will be a hard vote....

IMO the best overall football player in 22-4A was AJ Dugat.

But how can you look past the leadership that DeJohn had at Lumberton.

The Lumberton season was "so far" the story of 22-4A this year, however, if Dayton can pull off the next three games, this will be far much larger than Lumberton's cinderella season.

This will be the first state championship east of Houston in who knows how many years.

I think in the regular season the vote needs to go to DeJohn.

If Dayton wins a couple or hopefully three more, then the vote goes to AJ, or maybe even Greg Charles.

Will be a hard vote....

It doesn't matter what takes place in the playoffs, it will not effect the all district picks. The coaches have already picked them, did that the Wed. following the last regular season game. The picks are only made public until the last team in the district is no longer in the playoffs.

This isn't really about all district picks. I wondering who everyone on the forum thought the MVP should be.

In my opinion it would be this guy:

Passing

Comp    Att      Pct      Yds  TD    INT

122    198    61.62    1730    28    4

Rushing

Att  Yds    Yds/Att  TD

75  431      5.75      5

He has lead his team to 9 straight victories. 3 of which are playoff games.

7 out of 9 victories they scored 40 points or more. He has only been sacked once.

Dayton QB - Gregory Charles

It's the old argument of is the MVP the best player or the person that was actually the most valuable to his team.

I think Dayton's strength this year and especially with the way the season progressed, is in the Bronco's defense. I think that Dayton's offense could probably put 14 points up in any game and win and almost certainly 21 would get it. Even in the loss to Lumberton, it was a last second touchdown that even allowed Lumberton to score otherwise Dayton would have tossed another shutout.

With that, is any one player on the Bronco's offense really that valuable to his team? I think Dayton wins no matter who the offensive leader is. Lumberton on the other hand, would not have won at all if they didn't have Hussey rushing with the ball in my opinion. Take him out, Lumberton is still a good team but not one that makes the playoffs and goes three games deep.

There are better players in the district than Hussey but who is the most valuable to his team?

Maybe Gregory Charges for the Offensive Player of the Year and Hussey for MVP.

I am sure that Dayton's and Lumberton's unbiased fans will have something to say about that.  ;D

That is a hard decision.I would have to pick a player who not only is a class young man,but one who can totaly make things happen on both sides of the ball.

That would be a player who is a game breaker. A player that can return kicks-punts-tackle-catch-intercept-& outrun most opponents.

Give him a crease it's a td /xtra point. My vote would be #8 A.J Dugat.who will do it better next yr.as a Senior at DAYTON .

Charles has stepped up and had a great season,but other qbs.have great stats also.colleges like multi-position players who are impact athletes.

A.J. DUGAT has size & speed,all-dist last year & will grow to be a force next yr.

He simply makes it hard to tackle him. I like Hussey also & D.Johnson @ Nederland.

And Nederlands qb.next the qb. at Lumberton for his leadership.

It's the old argument of is the MVP the best player or the person that was actually the most valuable to his team.

I think Dayton's strength this year and especially with the way the season progressed, is in the Bronco's defense. I think that Dayton's offense could probably put 14 points up in any game and win and almost certainly 21 would get it. Even in the loss to Lumberton, it was a last second touchdown that even allowed Lumberton to score otherwise Dayton would have tossed another shutout.

With that, is any one player on the Bronco's offense really that valuable to his team? I think Dayton wins no matter who the offensive leader is. Lumberton on the other hand, would not have won at all if they didn't have Hussey rushing with the ball in my opinion. Take him out, Lumberton is still a good team but not one that makes the playoffs and goes three games deep.

There are better players in the district than Hussey but who is the most valuable to his team?

Maybe Gregory Charges for the Offensive Player of the Year and Hussey for MVP.

I am sure that Dayton's and Lumberton's unbiased fans will have something to say about that.  ;D

Great points.

without a doubt its the qb charles from dayton without him they finish 3rd in district and possibly miss playoffs

How did you figure that one out?

Nothing against Charles but if nobody can score on you, it doesn't take 45 points to win a game. No team has scored more than 10 points on Dayton since Charles took over except LC-M (woohoo, 13 points) and I suspect that was after the second team came in for Dayton. In the last 6 games, they have given up 24 points. With the defense giving up an average of 4 points a game, I think that I could quarterback Dayton to a win.

As far as the Dayton defense...

AJ plays both ways...

The defense is such a unit.

Smesny is like the QB of the defense, and Kimmie is just a horse on the defensive line.

Hard to pick out just one Dayton defensive player.

Just looking through all my videos, it is hard to look past AJ.

The kid is almost like a man amongst boys.

He just plays at a different level and has excellent vision of the field.

If he cuts back against the grain and gets through the first wave of defenders, it is over.

Boy, I am glad I didn't have to vote for this, would be hard as a coach to pick just one without showing favoritism.

HOPEFULLY WE WON'T FIND OUT THE VOTES UNTIL THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!!

I sure hope Dayton can go the distance.

Would be nice to bring home another state championship to SETX!!!

Without Dayton's QB who took over for Cody Green, Dayton would be sitting home. I give it to him. 

i have to disagree.. they would have still made the playoffs, just wouldnt have been co-champs. Daytons Defense is outstanding and it shows week in and week out. if you think about it the defense playing so well would give the offense confidence anyway. He is a very good player, but in my opinion he comes second to Hussey. because in quite a few games Dugat and another Fellow that played RB had a couple TD's apiece. Hussey carried the load for Lumberton all through district. i believe he ended up with 1700+ yards rushing

Dugat is a special player and he's been there all year.  Charles missed the first part of the season.  Dayton's offense would still roll even without AJ as John Gable, Sommers, Fontenot, #81, and #2 are all top notch players as well.  I'd like to see a Dayton guy as that's where I'm from, but that running back from Lumberton would have to be my choice.  I guess his name is Cody Hussey.  He's the most valuable player to his team of anyone in the district regardless of AJ being probably one of the best 4A players in the state.  Amazingly enough, word is he only runs a 4.8 forty.  Funny thing is that Jerry Rice never ran faster than a 4.6 - football speed man.

Dugat is a special player and he's been there all year.  Charles missed the first part of the season.  Dayton's offense would still roll even without AJ as John Gable, Sommers, Fontenot, #81, and #2 are all top notch players as well.  I'd like to see a Dayton guy as that's where I'm from, but that running back from Lumberton would have to be my choice.  I guess his name is Cody Hussey.  He's the most valuable player to his team of anyone in the district regardless of AJ being probably one of the best 4A players in the state.  Amazingly enough, word is he only runs a 4.8 forty.  Funny thing is that Jerry Rice never ran faster than a 4.6 - football speed man.

sorry to tell you but aj probably ran that in junior high

in defense of my earlier post without charles  they wouldnt have had the offensive scoring they had with him and we all know when our offense isnt doing well what happens tvc|??? huh??? our defense stays on the field !!! right?? tvc?? so with that being said yes !! hes the mvp by far and deserving of it  also he wasnt even in the qb picture just like bellows wasnt in ours both did well just dayton by far much more superior daytons defense is by far the best in the district but without an offense like they have wouldnt be as special

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin