Scott Rich named as new Nederland HC/AD

15 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I think Ethridge came from a new mexico HS that had a couple of state championships.

You have to think in terms of him starting out as a HC.  He was an assistant at Phillips High School.  Then became HC at Dalhart.  That was the 50-50 shot.  Then he became HC at Monahans.  Again, 50-50 shot.  Then he became HC at Hobbs, NM.  50-50 shot.  This is where he first played in a Title game and lost it.  Then the next year he won it.  When TJ hired him and then PNG hired him, they knew he was championship-type coach at that point.  Again, less than 10% at any give time are championship-type coaches.  

PS:  I believe you support Newton now?  Do you believe you have a coach that can win a State Title?  If so, what makes you believe this?

14 minutes ago, Reagan said:

For the past 7 years Nederland had as their HC a former OC.  He was a glorious failure.  So...

That's a little harsh...Barrow had a winning record and made the playoffs 5 out of those 7 years including a trip to the 3rd round in 2020 it was the last 3 years that did him in...On a different note I like everything Coach Rich has done up to this point and I'm not the only one who thinks that 

4 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

That's a little harsh...Barrow had a winning record and made the playoffs 5 out of those 7 years including a trip to the 3rd round in 2020 it was the last 3 years that did him in...On a different note I like everything Coach Rich has done up to this point and I'm not the only one who thinks that 

First of all, allowing 4 teams go to the playoffs, the playoffs aren't the badge of honor it once was.  He made the playoffs this year because his bad team beat the other bad teams.  Then got smoked in the first round. 

The first couple of years, he was operating off what Neumann had instilled.  Just like Barry Switzer was operating off what Jimmy Johnson instilled and won a Super Bowl.  But it got ugly once Jimmy's influence wore off.  After Neumann's influence wore off, it was all his and it all went south.  Like I said, gloriously.  Towards the end, they were badly coached.  I don't think that's debatable!  

3 minutes ago, Reagan said:

First of all, allowing 4 teams go to the playoffs, the playoffs aren't the badge of honor it once was.  He made the playoffs this year because his bad team beat the other bad teams.  Then got smoked in the first round. 

The first couple of years, he was operating off what Neumann had instilled.  Just like Barry Switzer was operating off what Jimmy Johnson instilled and won a Super Bowl.  But it got ugly once Jimmy's influence wore off.  After Neumann's influence wore off, it was all his and it all went south.  Like I said, gloriously.  Towards the end, they were badly coached.  I don't think that's debatable!  

I can't even debate that those last 3 years were terrible...IMO 2020 is the only year you can't give credit to Neumann for 

1 hour ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Looks like Rich knows how politic according to you but what happens when he goes 2-5 or 1-6 in district this year and the next?

Who does Nederland think they are going to beat besides Splendora or West fork?

10 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Looks like Rich knows how politic according to you but what happens when he goes 2-5 or 1-6 in district this year and the next?

Who does Nederland think they are going to beat besides Splendora or West fork?

It's not politicking it's actual results between him and Barrow it's like night and day...as far as who Nederland will or won't beat Coach Rich expects to play after Thanksgiving time will tell

43 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

It's not politicking it's actual results between him and Barrow it's like night and day...as far as who Nederland will or won't beat Coach Rich expects to play after Thanksgiving time will tell

Playing after Thanksgiving? 

Is he going to coach Basketball also?

So who do YOU think Nederland can beat in district?

18 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Playing after Thanksgiving? 

Is he going to coach Basketball also?

So who do YOU think Nederland can beat in district?

Hey he could he used to coach basketball😄...we're taking one game at a time we have a chance to beat any team we play 

6 hours ago, Reagan said:

You have to think in terms of him starting out as a HC.  He was an assistant at Phillips High School.  Then became HC at Dalhart.  That was the 50-50 shot.  Then he became HC at Monahans.  Again, 50-50 shot.  Then he became HC at Hobbs, NM.  50-50 shot.  This is where he first played in a Title game and lost it.  Then the next year he won it.  When TJ hired him and then PNG hired him, they knew he was championship-type coach at that point.  Again, less than 10% at any give time are championship-type coaches.  

PS:  I believe you support Newton now?  Do you believe you have a coach that can win a State Title?  If so, what makes you believe this?

I graduated from PNG but live in Newton Co. Security 34 years for Newton. I am totally satisfied with our coach and players and support them win or lose. Our coach coached under W.T. Johnston. Played under Curtis Barbay. Was all state two years.