Todd dodge is the new head coach at lucas lovejoy !!

lcm93

1 hour ago, mat said:

The fact the Nederland is using Dodge to help find the next coach tells me they are serious about improvement.

They are saying they are using these three is nothing but a smoke screen. They have probably offered all three the job but they are all smart enough not to take the offer. First off they all would take a major pay cut but most important is they would have to put up with an incompetent administration who doesn’t do anything to help improve the athletic program when asked. They leave it to a bond issue where it has a slim chance it is going to pass……..What coach with any kind of clout, HC, OC, DC or other, would want to put up with that and be at the lower end of the pay scale?

8 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I disagree with that we want to get back to being top 3 in district and winning a few playoff games...the weakness at Nederland is along the offensive and defensive lines we don't have as far to go at the skill positions 

NED fans will not be happy until they are beating their bigger brother PN-g.

Same as A$M and UT.

5 hours ago, Coach85 said:

They are saying they are using these three is nothing but a smoke screen. They have probably offered all three the job but they are all smart enough not to take the offer. First off they all would take a major pay cut but most important is they would have to put up with an incompetent administration who doesn’t do anything to help improve the athletic program when asked. They leave it to a bond issue where it has a slim chance it is going to pass……..What coach with any kind of clout, HC, OC, DC or other, would want to put up with that and be at the lower end of the pay scale?

Didn’t they pass a bond that included some athletic improvements?

43 minutes ago, mat said:

Didn’t they pass a bond that included some athletic improvements?

Yeah, you know how many times that bond went to vote and got rejected? They had to adjust it and take things out and lower the original bond. They were trying to get a few more new schools built but it got shot down so they just patched them up to make it look like they were making an effort to update them. NISD is not an easy district to get a bond passed so the kids suffer.

2 hours ago, Coach85 said:

Yeah, you know how many times that bond went to vote and got rejected? They had to adjust it and take things out and lower the original bond. They were trying to get a few more new schools built but it got shot down so they just patched them up to make it look like they were making an effort to update them. NISD is not an easy district to get a bond passed so the kids suffer.

Were you around Nederland in the mid 2000s? Just curious? 

14 hours ago, Coach85 said:

That can say more about the community than the board. Nederland doesn’t have the tax resources of other districts.

1 hour ago, mat said:

That can say more about the community than the board. Nederland doesn’t have the tax resources of other districts.

The community has passed the last few set of bonds…. The bonds presented to vote in mid 2000s were very popular and everyone was on board and a group of people paid some bond killers to come in spread false information and made lots of false statements about it.. so it failed. Everyone got scared. Now the community is very much involved and still very supportive.. 

2 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

Considering McGuire came from Westlake during Dodge's tenure, I would bet a buffalo nickel Todd Dodge was the first name on his list of references. 

That’s not the same as Dodge being hired by BC to consult on the selection 

48 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

a group of people paid some bond killers to come in spread false information and made lots of false statements about it.

Wondering if there is factual proof of that. I’ve heard that before, just not sure if the facts vs rumors is clear. 

14 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Wondering if there is factual proof of that. I’ve heard that before, just not sure if the facts vs rumors is clear. 

I wish I still had the paper I got in the mail about it… they had people passing Papers out to parents on the street during the school pick up line.

Just now, navydawg31 said:

I wish I still had the paper I got in the mail about it… they had people passing Papers out to parents on the street during the school pick up line.

How do they know they were paid to do it? Could it have been taxpayers who didn’t want to pony up more money?

21 minutes ago, Razor said:

group of citizens against the bond hired consultant named Paul Dore to help defeat the bond back in 2008 or 2009, whenever it was...you can look him up

Yep, led by a certain someone who opposed the last bond as well, but couldn't hold up to the facts .. :)