Todd dodge is the new head coach at lucas lovejoy !!

lcm93

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Anna will be the program that will be a problem in that region these next 2 seasons IMO. 

Agreed!  Between the hype of SOC and now TD at Lovejoy they might kinda fly under the radar. Don’t forget about Midlothian Herritage… 

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Todd Dodge picking a coach for Nederland and playing in the same class?  

He doesn’t necessarily pick the coach…just assists in narrowing down the list of applicants then makes a recommendation out of the top 3-5 candidates but ultimate decision is made by School Board and Superintendent.  However, I’m sure he probably has to complete the consulting job with Nederland, if he hasn’t already, prior to signing on the dotted line at Lovejoy.  5A div II just got A LOT more interesting with the LEGEND back in the game…lol!  

38 minutes ago, PNG4LIFE91 said:

He doesn’t necessarily pick the coach…just assists in narrowing down the list of applicants then makes a recommendation out of the top 3-5 candidates but ultimate decision is made by School Board and Superintendent.  However, I’m sure he probably has to complete the consulting job with Nederland, if he hasn’t already, prior to signing on the dotted line at Lovejoy.  5A div II just got A LOT more interesting with the LEGEND back in the game…lol!  

I’m sure he has no reason to not find and recommend the best coach (though, if I’m Nederland I would have wanted him to include the best coach - himself - on the list). 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They need more toughness to get thru those guys. Talent isn't an issue that's for sure. That last game played was ugly. 

It won’t take long. Jeff Joseph took over a png team that was not nearly as far ahead as Lovejoy, and he brought them to state using a lot of Dodge’s system and training. What Todd Dodge himself can do with a regional runner up program with resources, buy-in, and fan support is terrifying. Region 2 just became a nightmare. Too early right now to say whether SOC is getting dethroned as region champ. I agree Anna is going to be a problem, but it remains to be seen how good they are in 5a. 

17 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

It won’t take long. Jeff Joseph took over a png team that was not nearly as far ahead as Lovejoy, and he brought them to state using a lot of Dodge’s system and training. What Todd Dodge himself can do with a regional runner up program with resources, buy-in, and fan support is terrifying. Region 2 just became a nightmare. Too early right now to say whether SOC is getting dethroned as region champ. I agree Anna is going to be a problem, but it remains to be seen how good they are in 5a. 

You imagine if Port Neches and Lovejoy meet up in a playoff game it will be something else to see that.

10 minutes ago, rolltides said:

You imagine if Port Neches and Lovejoy meet up in a playoff game it will be something else to see that.

Unless the region matchups change for the semifinals, it would have to be in the state championship. It would be a huge matchup. 

Nederland does not have the athletes at this time. Nederland  will probably never win state again, regardless of what magic wand the new coach will be waving. The odds are against 5A2 schools who only have one 5A2 in their town winning state. PNG is an exception. UIL has been allowing these transfers to go on and larger cities with multiple school have the advantage. I wonder how many UIL people making these decisions live in a large city with multiple schools. There needs to be a law suit against UIL.  

2 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Nederland does not have the athletes at this time. Nederland  will probably never win state again, regardless of what magic wand the new coach will be waving. The odds are against 5A2 schools who only have one 5A2 in their town winning state. PNG is an exception. UIL has been allowing these transfers to go on and larger cities with multiple school have the advantage. I wonder how many UIL people making these decisions live in a large city with multiple schools. There needs to be a law suit against UIL.  

Nederland has the athletes, it’s a broken culture right now. 

1 hour ago, thaferrett said:

Dodge is smart. Didn't take the Ned job.  

TD has no interest in coming back to this area. His son  and grandkids are at SLC , and daughter close too. Realistically,  what proven HC is coming here? Ned will likely get a coordinator looking to move up, kinda like the Injuns. And hopefully as good. jmo