Todd dodge is the new head coach at lucas lovejoy !!

lcm93

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

Nederland does not have the athletes at this time. Nederland  will probably never win state again, regardless of what magic wand the new coach will be waving. The odds are against 5A2 schools who only have one 5A2 in their town winning state. PNG is an exception. UIL has been allowing these transfers to go on and larger cities with multiple school have the advantage. I wonder how many UIL people making these decisions live in a large city with multiple schools. There needs to be a law suit against UIL.  

Until there are fundamental changes at the administrative level the deck is stacked. PNG defied the odds.   

2 hours ago, outanup said:

TD has no interest in coming back to this area. His son  and grandkids are at SLC , and daughter close too. Realistically,  what proven HC is coming here? Ned will likely get a coordinator looking to move up, kinda like the Injuns. And hopefully as good. jmo

Who ever takes the NED job is in a lose lose situation.

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Until there are fundamental changes at the administrative level the deck is stacked. PNG defied the odds.   

The administrative/rule making arm of the UIL is the legislative council....which is made up of the schools themselves...if the schools want the transfer rules changed then they have the ability to do so themselves....

I know some people want to go back to an automatice one-year sit out if a kid transfers...problem there is that already got overturned in the courts...UIL used to have that rule in place...its one of the few court cases the UIL's ever lost

The problem w/UIL rules now and why things are a lot more murky IMO is when the state of TX basically opened the door for open enrollment...when they granted charter schools and forced the UIL to take them it basically gave the green light to ISDs to start admitting kids who didnt live in their attendance zones...

UIL cant mandate a kid who doesnt live in an open enrollment ISD be ineligible for 4 years...they'd lose that court case quick, fast and in a hurry...hence the 365 rule "establishing residency" 

29 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

The administrative/rule making arm of the UIL is the legislative council....which is made up of the schools themselves...if the schools want the transfer rules changed then they have the ability to do so themselves....

I know some people want to go back to an automatice one-year sit out if a kid transfers...problem there is that already got overturned in the courts...UIL used to have that rule in place...its one of the few court cases the UIL's ever lost

I understood Separation Scientist as referring to Nederland’s administration needing changes, not the statewide bodies. 

2 hours ago, pine curtain said:

NED is expecting PN-g results and it is not going to happen that way at NED.

I disagree with that we want to get back to being top 3 in district and winning a few playoff games...the weakness at Nederland is along the offensive and defensive lines we don't have as far to go at the skill positions 

19 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Todd Dodge picking a coach for Nederland and playing in the same class?  

Todd Dodge is gonna recommend another sno-cones caliber hire for big Ned like he did at BC. Be careful with his advice. He could get you an absolute gem or a lump of coal. 

Q

34 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

Todd Dodge is gonna recommend another sno-cones caliber hire for big Ned like he did at BC. Be careful with his advice. He could get you an absolute gem or a lump of coal. 

BC used Dodge?

IMG-2532.jpg

I went to a Little Dribblers game yesterday.  This is the crap the kids are playing on.  Little Dribblers raised money to replace this junk with adjustable goals in all the middle school gyms that they use.  Nederland admin told them no.  Someone else is wanting to pay for better facilities for our kids and they get shot down?   Make that make sense to me.  

Also the same Admin that won’t allow coaches to have camps for the youth in the summer.  I believe English is the only one that offers anything and he has to do it off campus at a church.  This is who we have running the district and ultimately making this hire.  Forgive me for not have much faith in them.  

*edit posted on wrong thread 

1 minute ago, PhatMack19 said:

This is the hidden content, please

I went to a Little Dribblers game yesterday.  This is the crap the kids are playing on.  Little Dribblers raised money to replace this junk with adjustable goals in all the middle school gyms that they use.  Nederland admin told them no.  Someone else is wanting to pay for better facilities for our kids and they get shot down?   Make that make sense to me.  

Also the same Admin that won’t allow coaches to have camps for the youth in the summer.  I believe English is the only one that offers anything and he has to do it off campus at a church.  This is who we have running the district and ultimately making this hire.  Forgive me for not have much faith in them.  

Sad thing it’s been like for years… 

16 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Nederland does not have the athletes at this time. Nederland  will probably never win state again, regardless of what magic wand the new coach will be waving. The odds are against 5A2 schools who only have one 5A2 in their town winning state. PNG is an exception. UIL has been allowing these transfers to go on and larger cities with multiple school have the advantage. I wonder how many UIL people making these decisions live in a large city with multiple schools. There needs to be a law suit against UIL.  

I remember thinking PN-G didn’t have the athletes.

Then Jeff Joseph took those athletes to two consecutive state championships.

Coaching and culture are just as much a factor as raw talent.

1 hour ago, PN-G bamatex said:

I remember thinking PN-G didn’t have the athletes.

Then Jeff Joseph took those athletes to two consecutive state championships.

Coaching and culture are just as much a factor as raw talent.

See " Liberty Hill"......

8 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Not saying it definitely will happen the same way for Nederland, but no one expected the PNG results for PNG. Anything can happen.

Correct no one expected these results but now the expectations are there.

NED will always compare themselves to PN-g