Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Saban is now available, but he didn’t win a title until his 10th season.  No sure if he fits the criteria.  

I had a feeling his name would show up on this thread. 😂

Morgan and Foreman “allegedly” been around 😬 I imagine that’s for fun though. I don’t think local coaches are true consideration. But 👀 I heard Gary Joseph may have been seen toodling around town. That would be a rivalry 😂

#justsayin

21 minutes ago, SETXFan28 said:

What about other SETX Coaches who have come in and had a lot of success? Could Silsbee and HF's HCs be in the running? 

I don't see Randy Smith leaving Silsbee until his son (8th grader) graduates.

I also don't see Waggoner leaving HF this year. They really have a good shot at another deep playoff run with what they have coming back.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I don't see Randy Smith leaving Silsbee until his son (8th grader) graduates.

I also don't see Waggoner leaving HF this year. They really have a good shot at another deep playoff run with what they have coming back.

HF offense could look a lot different next year now things have changed… 

1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

I wouldn’t rule that out just yet.. 

I will. I don't see him going back just for his senior year. Has really established himself at HF.

Now if there are some things going on in the home that I am not aware about, then I could be wrong.

25 minutes ago, Old Ape said:

Nederland is a better than job than alot of other jobs in that area because it is 5A D2. I am not disrespecting PNG with this statement but you aint running into Desoto, Carthage, Silsbee, Jasper, Aledo in that division.

PNG hasn’t lost to Jasper or Silsbee in years. DeSoto, Carthage, and Aledo are a different story.  But I’m confident we would have beaten Carthage last year. 

16 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

PNG hasn’t lost to Jasper or Silsbee in years. DeSoto, Carthage, and Aledo are a different story.  But I’m confident we would have beaten Carthage last year. 

Only quoting to add that Silsbee and Jasper are on my personal list of top five pre-district prospects I'd like to see PN-G play during the 2024-25 cycle.

3 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I wouldn’t rule that out just yet.. 

As with anything, it will depend on the situation.  Like who Nederland hires.  For instance:  Say the 99.9999% unlikely chance Nederland would be able to hire Scott Surratt, what decision do you think HF's QB would make?  A no-brainer to me.  So, let's wait and see.  

• KF89 changed the title to Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns