TyAnthony Smith Part II

21 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I've heard things come out of your mouth that were way off the mark. But this is the pinnacle of CB quotes. At least until you're next wave of nonsense spews out. Get a towel and clean yourself up before u decide to reply. It's embarrassing bro

I'm insulted.  I've had way worse takes than this... you weren't paying attention. 

The real issue with the transfer portal isn't the portal itself, it's the student athlete's addiction to the attention the recruiting cycle brings, and the portal gives them an avenue to scratch that itch. These kids are made into mega starts as youngsters, then they sign, and if they do not achieve stardom immediately, they retreat back to the process that made them feel like a star in the first place. It's really easy to get used to being the big man on campus when you are heralded in high school but takes another type of dude to realize that it takes serious hard work to gain BMOC status at the D1 level. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

The real issue with the transfer portal isn't the portal itself, it's the student athlete's addiction to the attention the recruiting cycle brings, and the portal gives them an avenue to scratch that itch. These kids are made into mega starts as youngsters, then they sign, and if they do not achieve stardom immediately, they retreat back to the process that made them feel like a star in the first place. It's really easy to get used to being the big man on campus when you are heralded in high school but takes another type of dude to realize that it takes serious hard work to gain BMOC status at the D1 level. 

Truer words have not been spoken. After a vigorous recruiting cycle, all of the hype regarding stars and offers, then suddenly you’re just another receiver somewhere down in the depth chart? What better way to get a bump in attention than to hop in the portal (or decommit, if you’ve not yet made it to campus)? 

I read somewhere that some D1 programs were planning to use their open scholarships to up two dozen portal transfers and a half dozen incoming freshman. 

I completely expect to see abysmal rating numbers from tonight’s national championship game. Who wants to watch a team made of up first year guys, most of whom will be in the portal tomorrow… win or lose?