TyAnthony Smith Part II

7 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

if you have ever seen TyAnthony play you know UT is getting a good one! Not a surprise one bit if /when he starts as a freshman.

The Longhorns got an absolute stud. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him get snaps at strong safety or on the edge. He's that versatile.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the crazy part... I can think of two guys from SETX that are currently on NFL rosters.  Grayland Arnold (Kountze) committed to Baylor, then stuck with his commitment when Briles got the boot.... Then you have Roschon Johnson (PNG) who went to UT as a qb, then accepted a move to RB and is now in the NFL.

I don't expect many kids who can't keep their commitments to a school show any commitment to their career, either.  The transfer portal and NIL are ruining college football, and by definition the NFL careers of many very talented athletes who will never develop their craft because they're too busy trying to land someplace else. 

But that's just me. 

Carry on. 

Good luck with the Longhorns next year.  We'll all be curious as to where you end up for 26. 

16 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Here's the crazy part... I can think of two guys from SETX that are currently on NFL rosters.  Grayland Arnold (Kountze) committed to Baylor, then stuck with his commitment when Briles got the boot.... Then you have Roschon Johnson (PNG) who went to UT as a qb, then accepted a move to RB and is now in the NFL.

I don't expect many kids who can't keep their commitments to a school show any commitment to their career, either.  The transfer portal and NIL are ruining college football, and by definition the NFL careers of many very talented athletes who will never develop their craft because they're too busy trying to land someplace else. 

But that's just me. 

Carry on. 

Good luck with the Longhorns next year.  We'll all be curious as to where you end up for 26. 

👏👏👏

On 1/5/2024 at 2:17 PM, CardinalBacker said:

But that's just me. 

Carry on. 

Tigger, the same goes for your boy Drelon Miller. Going Prime Time.

Any Cardinals sign anywhere?

5 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Tigger, the same goes for your boy Drelon Miller. Going Prime Time.

Any Cardinals sign anywhere?

I know the thread was about Smith, but I was thinking of both young men (and hundreds of others who we are reading about daily… “former four star WR enters the portal after one season at …..” or “so-and-so decommits from …. by tweeting that he is re-opening his recruiting”) when I wrote it. 

It’s hard to compare BC to Jasper, since most of our kids go on to college anyways… my understanding is that Smith is the only 2025 Jasper graduate that will be attending college, period.  But you have guys like Wooster,  Matt Bryant, and Shane Dronett who have had remarkable careers after leaving Bridge City… and a State Championship. Y’all just salty cause you got all that NFL talent and can’t win when it matters. 

39 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I know the thread was about Smith, but I was thinking of both young men (and hundreds of others who we are reading about daily… “former four star WR enters the portal after one season at …..” or “so-and-so decommits from …. by tweeting that he is re-opening his recruiting”) when I wrote it. 

It’s hard to compare BC to Jasper, since most of our kids go on to college anyways… my understanding is that Smith is the only 2025 Jasper graduate that will be attending college, period.  But you have guys like Wooster,  Matt Bryant, and Shane Dronett who have had remarkable careers after leaving Bridge City… and a State Championship. Y’all just salty cause you got all that NFL talent and can’t win when it matters. 

the ONLY time BC matters is when them Jasper boys take them to the dark side of the woodshed. I know it's frustrating for you to have one of SETX regular bottom dweller teams.  let's hope the new guy in town can maybe make playoffs in the future.

yes TyAnthony the only student going to college out of this graduating class. my son is a JR at UH. he was the only one in his class to attend college.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

my understanding is that Smith is the only 2025 Jasper graduate that will be attending college, period.

I've heard things come out of your mouth that were way off the mark. But this is the pinnacle of CB quotes. At least until you're next wave of nonsense spews out. Get a towel and clean yourself up before u decide to reply. It's embarrassing bro