#5 Wimberley vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

The game probably comes down to defense as crazy as that sounds. We are gonna need to force a couple punts and maybe get a couple T/O's. In my ming the Buckeyes need to get out quickly like we did against Glen Rose. The game got so far out of hand that we had it on cruise control the last 2.5 quarters. That won't happen again Friday. 

17 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

The game probably comes down to defense as crazy as that sounds. We are gonna need to force a couple punts and maybe get a couple T/O's. In my ming the Buckeyes need to get out quickly like we did against Glen Rose. The game got so far out of hand that we had it on cruise control the last 2.5 quarters. That won't happen again Friday. 

Not taking anything away from Gilmer but I feel like they weren’t that good…idk I feel like they were playing with house money at this point in the season if you get what I’m saying. I just feel like Gilmer was just a good bit better than them

5 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Not taking anything away from Gilmer but I feel like they weren’t that good…idk I feel like they were playing with house money at this point in the season if you get what I’m saying. I just feel like Gilmer was just a good bit better than them

We are 7-1 all time against region 1 teams (darn Sweetwater) and 8-1 all time in semi final games. 2014 we were in region 3 and had to beat Cuero in the semis. Generally if we can get out of our region we advance to the big game. Now winning the big game is a whole lot different.  We are 3-5 in championship games. 

37 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

We are 7-1 all time against region 1 teams (darn Sweetwater) and 8-1 all time in semi final games. 2014 we were in region 3 and had to beat Cuero in the semis. Generally if we can get out of our region we advance to the big game. Now winning the big game is a whole lot different.  We are 3-5 in championship games. 

You sure about that?2014 y’all beat us(WOS)..pretty sure we have always been region 3

8 hours ago, lostaussie said:

No that was 2008 in Regional Final.

2009 playoff run was Jasper, LaVega, Navasota,  Cuero and Abilene Wylie. Good memories right there!!!

2008 the Blue&Silver played yall in the 3rd round over in Lufkin. My wife and I laughed at ourselves cause we sat on Blue&Silver side having previously thinking a scenario would never happen for us to do that. I actually ended up sitting by some of Adrian Steens friends/family. during the game his son name was called, and when I heard Steen I said yall had a man child named Adrian back in the day. that when I found out that the player was his son

Carthage beat Gilmer the next week(round 4)