#5 Wimberley vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

Bellville did not look as locked in against Jasper as they did against my Tigers from the week before. With that being said IF they play like they did against Silsbee I dont see ANYBODY beating them but on the flip if they play like they did against Jasper I think Wimberly beats them . That QB for Wimberly is a grown A** Man and is legit !!

This game is likely for the State Championship. Wimberly is better suited for stopping the Slot T than the previous teams Bellville has seen but Bellville version of the Slot T is based on physicality as much as misdirection and should provide them with enough to be successful. It is hard to imagine Bellville not having the edge on defense. Will be a tough game either way.

32 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

I’ve just yet to see a team that has a good answer for the Bellville defense… as long as Bellville only has to rush the 4 at the most and can still get consistent pressure on the QB that way… I think they will be fine. 

That surprised me week before last.  I knew BV would stuff the run, but I didn't think they'd do it with basically four on the line.  

I think the Jasper game probably was a more true reflection of how BV stacks up against the really good teams of 4AD2.  Silsbee laid an egg over in Spring.... Bellville is a better team, but not a 50+ point better team.  I'm pulling for BV in this one. 

53 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That surprised me week before last.  I knew BV would stuff the run, but I didn't think they'd do it with basically four on the line.  

I think the Jasper game probably was a more true reflection of how BV stacks up against the really good teams of 4AD2.  Silsbee laid an egg over in Spring.... Bellville is a better team, but not a 50+ point better team.  I'm pulling for BV in this one. 

Bellville is able to stuff the run with only 4 because of #99. High school teams are ill equipped to deal with his physical abilities 

8 hours ago, BB2023 said:

Purely hypothetical question: what are y’all’s thoughts regarding a teams strength of schedule? 

There are varying opinions on this subject throughout different regions of SETX. If you are from Silsbee or WOS you would probably think that it is the most important thing and that championships are won based upon the "alleged strength of your schedule".

You would also believe that "your district is automatically the toughest in the state" because "you want it to be". You might also believe that "facing Vidor" prepares you for "all versions of the Slot T offense". 

45 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

There are varying opinions on this subject throughout different regions of SETX. If you are from Silsbee or WOS you would probably think that it is the most important thing and that championships are won based upon the "alleged strength of your schedule".

You would also believe that "your district is automatically the toughest in the state" because "you want it to be". You might also believe that "facing Vidor" prepares you for "all versions of the Slot T offense". 

Also, when "one or two" fans of a team make a comment, it represents the whole fan base of said team. At least as far as you are concerned.

Again with the sensationalized posts.

Getting kinda old.

On 12/5/2023 at 6:47 PM, purpleeagle said:

Bellville over Wimberly  41 to 17.

Gilmer over Glen Rose 42 to 35.

Bellville over Gilmer in finals.

Bellville 48 Gilmer 28$

according to CAL Preps

we laugh at computer projections alot and wonder just what algorithm they for projections

This year if I remember correctly it said Bellville v Gilmer for the title.

23 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Also, when "one or two" fans of a team make a comment, it represents the whole fan base of said team. At least as far as you are concerned.

Again with the sensationalized posts.

Getting kinda old.

Duly noted. Come to think of it, you saying my posts are sensationalized is “getting kind of old”.

Glad we are free to post as we see fit and ignore if we choose, if not both of us would be in trouble.