#5 Wimberley vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

13 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Bellville 48 Gilmer 28$

according to CAL Preps

we laugh at computer projections alot and wonder just what algorithm they for projections

This year if I remember correctly it said Bellville v Gilmer for the title.

It may have changed… but it was saying Bellville vs PG halfway through district 

48 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

It may have changed… but it was saying Bellville vs PG halfway through district 

My suspicion is that if it were to be BV and Gilmer that Gilmer would have a tough time matching up with BV. I think Wimberly has the most favorable matchup with BV of the remaining teams.

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Duly noted. Come to think of it, you saying my posts are sensationalized is “getting kind of old”.

Glad we are free to post as we see fit and ignore if we choose, if not both of us would be in trouble. 

Question, and this is only because I like to help people or even just individuals sort things out... Do you think if you didn't sensationalize or even just generalize things so much then @AggiesAreWe wouldn't post that your "posts are sensationalized" as often?

Now, @AggiesAreWe, do you think if Mr. @89Falcon had commented with "sensationalized" posts about a team that you weren't so close to instead of say Silsbee for instance, that you wouldn't think they were getting old?

I hope we've all learned something today. If we just stop and ask questions, sometimes a clearer truth and resolution can be reached. 

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Question, and this is only because I like to help people or even just individuals sort things out... Do you think if you didn't sensationalize or even just generalize things so much then @AggiesAreWe wouldn't post that your "posts are sensationalized" as often?

Now, @AggiesAreWe, do you think if Mr. @89Falcon had commented with "sensationalized" posts about a team that you weren't so close to instead of say Silsbee for instance, that you wouldn't think they were getting old?

I hope we've all learned something today. If we just stop and ask questions, sometimes a clearer truth and resolution can be reached. 

I have made comments about other posts he has made regarding different teams.

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I'm so glad I read the 2nd page before I got in on the sensationalist comment about WOS. Thanks for the passive therapy session. Hope everyone feels resolved. 

Let's go Bellville!!!

23 hours ago, BB2023 said:

Purely hypothetical question: what are y’all’s thoughts regarding a teams strength of schedule? 

I think in a state this big, it makes it pretty hard to judge how good a team is until you see them in person.  Bellville is a perfect example, obviously.  They started 10-0 last year playing a weak schedule, people were talking about state runs, then they squeaked by WOS and laid an egg against Madisonville in the second round. This year they go 10-0 against an even weaker schedule, then win their first four playoff games by about 800 points against some really good teams.  

10 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I think in a state this big, it makes it pretty hard to judge how good a team is until you see them in person.  Bellville is a perfect example, obviously.  They started 10-0 last year playing a weak schedule, people were talking about state runs, then they squeaked by WOS and laid an egg against Madisonville in the second round. This year they go 10-0 against an even weaker schedule, then win their first four playoff games by about 800 points against some really good teams.  

Yep, their first four playoff games were about the same caliber as the rest of their schedule. Wimberly may be the first real test. Hopefully they hang on and get it done.