Semifinal Rematch Discussion - PNG vs. Liberty Hill

Rez Ipsa

PNG vs. Liberty Hill  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Indians or Panthers?

49 minutes ago, 1970 said:

If he's the same big lineman that played in last year's championship game, he spent pretty much the whole game trying to keep his pants pulled up. I mean no disrespect whatsoever towards the young man, and wish him the best. I'm just saying that he had trouble with his football pants in last year's title game. A larger problem for PNG in last year's game was pass coverage on defense, and (IMO) a worn out running back on offense. (Very simply put.)  

I agree with the pass coverage part for sure. 

49 minutes ago, 1970 said:

If he's the same big lineman that played in last year's championship game, he spent pretty much the whole game trying to keep his pants pulled up. I mean no disrespect whatsoever towards the young man, and wish him the best. I'm just saying that he had trouble with his football pants in last year's title game. A larger problem for PNG in last year's game was pass coverage on defense, and (IMO) a worn out running back on offense. (Very simply put.)  

Not the same guy….”Big Bubba” graduated and is now wearing PURPLE…playing for TCU 😝

6 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Provided Bally doesn't televise the game, the PN-G high school journalism team (look up NDN Press on Facebook or YouTube) will stream the game with commentary. The kids are really good, and we've had strong viewership this year. The livestream topped out over 7,000 last week.

Thank you for the info. I surely will look it up . So Bally has bought the rights to this game and may not televise it ?

5 hours ago, Lamar1996 said:

This might be one of the quickest games ever played in high school football.  LOL The clock might only stop on first downs and TD's. I believe the score will be very similar to the Rouse team we played.  Our 2nd and 3rd team should get playing time again.  

You very well could be right . I hope your not but it is plausible . 

2 hours ago, LHFan80 said:

You very well could be right . I hope your not but it is plausible . 

I don’t think it will be a blowout like Leander. LH isn’t going to be caught by surprise like last year. They know who we are now. And, I think they have made some adjustments on offense that make them a little more versatile. I wish PNG ran some of their run plays along with our passing game - We’d be that much harder to stop. So I think LH will move the ball on us, but I don’t think they’ll be able to do it as consistently as they need to. I’m thinking they score between 21-28 points. If we overperform we hold them to 7-14. The biggest problem will be that PNG will move the ball more consistently than them because I think we’ll have a fairly reliable 4-5 yards before contact on a lot of our run plays. It looks like LH has a pretty competent secondary, and they’re hunting interceptions. PNG won’t make the mistake Pieper made and throw it around a bunch. We’ll dare you to stop the run, but where we see opportunities, we have a capable passing game. Huntsville let us get them into single-man coverage with the safety up in the box once and it led to a 55-yard touchdown pass. It’s going to be a tough, good game. I predict something closer than last year, maybe in the 35/28-14/21 range. I’m having trouble gauging how good LH’s defense is, but I don’t see them as being as big or as physical as Huntsville’s defense. So, I don’t think LH will keep us from scoring at least 28, and I’d be comfortable betting we score at least 30. Can LH find 31 points? We’ll see. Good luck to ya’ll, in any case. 

4 hours ago, 1970 said:

I have a different perspective totally agree on pass coverage but I think the blocking in last year's game vs. South Oak Cliff was poor and it led to all those turnovers, sacks, safeties etc. The difference in this year's team is the offensive line isn't nearly as big...Bubba was 360 and Mike Stoker who was 315 signed with TCU...keep this in mind SOC also had 6 defensive backs sign FBS Division 1 scholarships last year in total 12 signed FBS Division 1 scholarships probably the most talented team I've seen since 1988 Dallas Carter in all 22 seniors signed scholarships last year and that's not even including this year's team who still has Danny Green William Little, Trey Jackson, Elijah Basea, and Jamyri Cauley just to name a few...SOC might be less talented than last year but the talent they still have makes them the favorite to repeat as champions at this point 

5 hours ago, 1970 said:

Its not the same lineman. The one that his pants couldn't cover the crack numerous times on the big screen is at TCU

We won't be surprised.  Our team has been steady all season.  Our coaches have prepared the team well each week and the plan has been executed.  Just like last year, they will probably break off a run or two.  But that will be it.  That average of giving up 14 points a game is spot on.  I don't see them scoring more than 17 at best.  We will score at least 31, and I'm thinking probably hit the 40s again.  We have great depth, are in good condition, and have many weapons.  We have a couple of players that are not 100% healthy, but it hasn't slowed us down too much.  Adrenaline has a way of getting you through some moments when you don't feel your best.

7 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I have a different perspective totally agree on pass coverage but I think the blocking in last year's game vs. South Oak Cliff was poor and it led to all those turnovers, sacks, safeties etc. The difference in this year's team is the offensive line isn't nearly as big...Bubba was 360 and Mike Stoker who was 315 signed with TCU...keep this in mind SOC also had 6 defensive backs sign FBS Division 1 scholarships last year in total 12 signed FBS Division 1 scholarships probably the most talented team I've seen since 1988 Dallas Carter in all 22 seniors signed scholarships last year and that's not even including this year's team who still has Danny Green William Little, Trey Jackson, Elijah Basea, and Jamyri Cauley just to name a few...SOC might be less talented than last year but the talent they still have makes them the favorite to repeat as champions at this point 

I can't find Jamyri Cauley on any roster for this year. No HUDL highlights. No stats. 

9 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I don’t think it will be a blowout like Leander. LH isn’t going to be caught by surprise like last year. They know who we are now. And, I think they have made some adjustments on offense that make them a little more versatile. I wish PNG ran some of their run plays along with our passing game - We’d be that much harder to stop. So I think LH will move the ball on us, but I don’t think they’ll be able to do it as consistently as they need to. I’m thinking they score between 21-28 points. If we overperform we hold them to 7-14. The biggest problem will be that PNG will move the ball more consistently than them because I think we’ll have a fairly reliable 4-5 yards before contact on a lot of our run plays. It looks like LH has a pretty competent secondary, and they’re hunting interceptions. PNG won’t make the mistake Pieper made and throw it around a bunch. We’ll dare you to stop the run, but where we see opportunities, we have a capable passing game. Huntsville let us get them into single-man coverage with the safety up in the box once and it led to a 55-yard touchdown pass. It’s going to be a tough, good game. I predict something closer than last year, maybe in the 35/28-14/21 range. I’m having trouble gauging how good LH’s defense is, but I don’t see them as being as big or as physical as Huntsville’s defense. So, I don’t think LH will keep us from scoring at least 28, and I’d be comfortable betting we score at least 30. Can LH find 31 points? We’ll see. Good luck to ya’ll, in any case. 

I'm with you. The top two running backs are healthy and tough to bring down. Noah Long can and probably will hurt us. I think we will have to get used to the slot T early on but eventually will. Discipline is key on D. It'll be the toughest running game we've faced I believe. I wasn't impressed with Pieper QB as far as his throwing. I think he was hurt in that game. So was the primary receiver because he had a cast on his hand. The kid still produced good catches though. Bailey could have a good night if they are able to slow down the run.

30 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

I'm with you. The top two running backs are healthy and tough to bring down. Noah Long can and probably will hurt us. I think we will have to get used to the slot T early on but eventually will. Discipline is key on D. It'll be the toughest running game we've faced I believe. I wasn't impressed with Pieper QB as far as his throwing. I think he was hurt in that game. So was the primary receiver because he had a cast on his hand. The kid still produced good catches though. Bailey could have a good night if they are able to slow down the run.

Pieper’s qb was hurt. It affected his accuracy all night. He could barely move, and I imagine planting his feet to throw was agony. For all Liberty Hill fans have tried to put an asterisk on our win last year because of injuries, there’s been no mention of Pieper’s injuries on offense when they cite their performance in that game as proof that their defense has improved from earlier in the season. 

I’m just anxious to see how a 165lb nose tackle does for 4 quarters.  They rely on quickness up front obviously but we’re talking 100-150lb weight difference here.  If the PNG offensive line gets to the second level, the LH defense will be in for a LOOOOONG night.  They’ll be forced to bring the safeties down and I like  Nunnley, Adams, and Washington over anyone in their secondary.  

7 minutes ago, FearTheSpear said:

I’m just anxious to see how a 165lb nose tackle does for 4 quarters.  They rely on quickness up front obviously but we’re talking 100-150lb weight difference here.  If the PNG offensive line gets to the second level, the LH defense will be in for a LOOOOONG night.  They’ll be forced to bring the safeties down and I like  Nunnley, Adams, and Washington over anyone in their secondary.  

Pieper was a heavy pass first team. Their O-Line did nothing but block straight up. No push / pulls, anything. Just stood up and looked for someone to block. LH was able to jump the snap some, get inside the blocks but for the most part Pieper's issue was errant passes and dropped balls. They had zero running game to speak of. LH did play good coverage defense and would get some pressure on a limping QB, but otherwise it should have been a much closer game. 

28 minutes ago, FearTheSpear said:

The nose tackle as well as the entire LH defense will be no match for PNG.  This is the reason it will be a blowout.  Our defense will stop this Slot-Joke running attack.  It happened last year and it will happen again.   

1 hour ago, aki1994 said:

Pieper was a heavy pass first team. Their O-Line did nothing but block straight up. No push / pulls, anything. Just stood up and looked for someone to block. LH was able to jump the snap some, get inside the blocks but for the most part Pieper's issue was errant passes and dropped balls. They had zero running game to speak of. LH did play good coverage defense and would get some pressure on a limping QB, but otherwise it should have been a much closer game. 

Yeah it don't add up does . But somehow LH beat em .  Somehow is a intriguing word isn't it . 

Somehow a lot of games have been won and lost that shouldn't have . 

12 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Good Luck to y'all also and Thanks for a classy post !  I've no illusions on how this game could and may turn out , but LH teams have surprised me in this past and I'll root for them to do just that this game and like I've said before however this game turns out I'll root for the team tht makes it to Dallas .