Beaumont Kelly 36 Orangefield 73/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Beaumont Kelly 36 Orangefield 73/FINAL

Sorry.  That was poor form of me.  I was told the star player was ejected and one of the prominent fans went on an obscenity laced tirade.  I wasn't there so maybe the story is exaggerated.  I'm planning on making all Orangefield home games in district.  They are apparently pretty good and it seems there is always extracurricular entertainment.

8 minutes ago, 72 Pinto said:

Sorry.  That was poor form of me.  I was told the star player was ejected and one of the prominent fans went on an obscenity laced tirade.  I wasn't there so maybe the story is exaggerated.  I'm planning on making all Orangefield home games in district.  They are apparently pretty good and it seems there is always extracurricular entertainment.

For which team?

On 12/2/2023 at 10:13 AM, 72 Pinto said:

On 12/2/2023 at 10:22 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

For which team?

I wasn't going to address it out of respect for Briscoe and Corey, (Kelly's Coaches who we have known for years) but since the story is growing into something that isn't true, I'll give you the facts that the video supports.

There was a double ejection with 3.2 seconds left on the clock in the 4th Quarter of Orangefield - #24 Scales & Kelly's - #23 Zander (First Name is all I know, sorry). The only obscenities out of anyone's mouths were from the Kelly Player telling Scales he was a "f'n scared little b&*tch" which was the kind of crap that happened the entire game even though they were down 40 which showed an extreme lack of class on their part. It wasn't until Scales was dribbling time off of the clock to close the game out which is what Whitmire instructed him to do when he responded to the kid saying, "I'm not scared" which can be clearly heard on the video. Zander kept talking and Scales smiled at him in a "come get some type of manner" which is also what he has been instructed to do to these types. When he did this at the kid, the ref ejected both players which was total crap because he should have taken control of the game way earlier or ejected the kid when he cussed Scales, instead the ref didnt take control and it ended in a double ejection and a next game suspension for both players (UIL Rule).

Furthermore, once ejected, the Kelly Player threw his shirt off at the bench and put on the obscenity laced tirade you are hearing about. (All on video)

Scales/Whitmire didn't even know he was ejected at this point because he hadn't responded to any of the nonsense all game other than smile and point to the scoreboard because like I said, we were up 40. It was a total lack of discretion on the officials' part to let that go on all game and then cost a star player a 1 game suspension because he finally decided to address it with 3.2 seconds left on the clock.

At the end of the game, Coach Piper and Coach Guilbeaux both came over to Scales and his family to apologize for the antics getting out of hand. They are both good guys and will always have our support.

* Important Note: Scales is face-guarded and doubled in every game Orangefield plays which is respect and we take it that way. His teammates always step in and step up which is why they a great team!  At the same time, their is a respectful way of doing it like Big Sandy did Saturday (True class act of a team), and then there is a disrespectful way of doing it where players resort to the above mentioned mess. That kind of crap never ends in a good way and if you are going to talk crap, at least be up in the dern ball game! 

*File was too big or I'd share the video on here  

*Kelly needs to stick to TAPS (Im sure we took the game last year thinking Langston would still be there, who by the way is a real class act kid who we are proud to know) and we shouldnt take games like this because we have nothing to gain by playing them which can also be heard on the video.

*Videos are always proof and can take out hearsay 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I guess the question is, why is the star player for the winning team in the game with 3 seconds left when up by 40?

Not implying anything here. Just wondering

Totally agree, and Coach Whitmire said the same thing afterwards. There were 6 techs during that game and it was getting more and more heated. We'd have liked to have seen all starters on the bench at that point especially Scales and Wrinkle and just finish the game out. Im sure if he had it to do over again, it would be played differently. He is a real good coach and we appreciate that he is trying help our players be good men as well. All good now

One last thought, Wrinkle and Scales are very unselfish leaders that really make the Bobcat offense flow. Leaving at least one of them in to handle and distribute the ball can give some of your bench players chances to score the ball and get some touches they may not normally get in the closer games.

On 12/2/2023 at 10:13 AM, 72 Pinto said:

9 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

My understanding is that the kid was ejected for getting his second technical foul in the game.  Do you have video that exonerated the first one, too?  I can't wait for the Orangefield tournament.  And I can't believe I'd ever say that!  I will be there eating lots of popcorn. 

Your story seems to be changing a bit, which I would expect nothing different, since you were the one on here trying to gas light the situation in the first place. I have video of everything and always will. Furthermore, I will always stand on who my son is and how he was raised to handle himself. Some folks seem to think they get a free pass to say anything they want and hate a kid for working hard to be really good at something he loves. Every gym we go into there is always some little no count prick wanting to start mess with him. Now we even have opposing parents who think its ok to run their mouths to a fifteen year old kid. Everybody wants to provoke good people until they react, then blow up their reaction without addressing their own disrespect that started it all to begin with. It's typical in the World we live in today. That is ok though, I will always stand between good kids (my kids, your kids, their kids) and the fire. Its what God commands me to do!    

Since you will be at our games this week, please come up and meet me, I'll show you any video you want to see. We play at 10:30am vs. Jasper as well as 7:15 vs. Legacy, both games will be in Orangefield's New High-School Gym.