N Richland Hills Richland (48) vs Barbers Hill (47) - FINAL

jdawg03

12 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If I'm the HC im going for 2 but tight formation qb sneak or if im feeling swaggy playaction rollout TE post. 

No reason to go for 2 though as the 1st team. Kick the field goal see if you can stop them if not OT #2. Now as the 2nd team to score maybe if you have giant balls to win it.

23 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

PAM team showed up then the Porter Coaching arrived at the half. Tell your friend I said hi

Hard way to lose out.. believe me I have seen that show more than I care to with Longview. 

Watching some of BH games left me scratching my head. Very talented but lack of focus during big portions of the game(second half) and coaching decisions was this teams undoing. 

Hope you enjoy your bourbon. Think I might have a drink later on today… congrats on the season.

A tale of two halves…..Guzman (#5) did not play the second half and I think that hurt us.  Not that Farmer didn’t play well, but Guzman adds a spark and was making plays for the defense in the first half.  I’m told he had the flu.  Guess this was a reoccurrence since he was at the volleyball playoff game last weekend since having the flu last week.  IDK, it seems our best players could never consistently stay on the field throughout the season.  Our best players have to be tough and set the tone and the example for the rest of the team.  Other than Gaskamp this didn’t happen all season.  This was supposed to be our year, but without our best players the consistency evaded us all season.  It’s disappointing….toughness and accountability has to be built during the offseason.  We look to have a long way to go in the toughness category…..my opinion.

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Reading through this thread was a nice object lesson 

Most definitely! I learned one that surely I already knew. BH punched them in the mouth I’m sure harder than anyone all year. But on the other hand, I definitely didn’t expect Richland to roll over and take the beating in the 2nd half , but I’d expected BH to play a lot better to hold onto the win. Accolades go to #1 for carrying his team on his back to fight back. BH has no idea how to keep a big lead. The onsides kick after the score after halftime gave them so much momentum and hope. 
I’m selling crashing #1 from both sides making someone else beat me. #51 taking out two players every play. Crash from the outside as QB rides that handoff. If he pulls it and runs, QB may or may not make a big play but 1 ain’t beating me play after play. I’ve liked this staff and it’s easy to question calls after the fact but damn, I know football pretty well and what you were doing wasn’t working, wth keep doing thinking you’re going to get a different result. 1 and 51 hands down best players on the field yet we let them take over the game. 

2 hours ago, show me the money said:

Turned it off at half. I guess that junior high qb marched his team back to victory ✌️ 

He only has to play as to not lose the game for them. #1 and #51 are stars/studs that BH have not see this year. Big lead should have been enough to keep stay on top. Our OC is questionable when it comes to getting to the next level in playoffs. I scratch my head at our outside receivers running so may go routes with no breathers. They are so noticeably tired and ineffective. Get them out for one or two plays so they can get down the field. That 2 point conversion play call may have been the worst I’ve seen all year. So so many plays if Fuentes tucks and runs, the drives are extended. 
My thoughts on the defensive strategy, or lack there of in the 2nd half is in another post. No major adjustments at all. Despite the high score, Offense making the defense stay on the field took it’s toll in the 2nd half.